Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Nobody being able to join my dedicated server (please help!)

Post New Thread Reply   

oog
Old 09-01-2022 , 07:03   Nobody being able to join my dedicated server (please help!)
Reply With Quote #1

Basically i made a dedicated server and it works fine for me, i can join it and use all the plugins and stuff, but no one else can join even when i give them the IP adress. any idea how to fix this? I have port forwarded btw.
The server also isnt showing up on the server list because i cant use the command: cl_gameserver_create_identity

The error is:
Request to create a game server account sent--please wait.
Unable to create a game server account attached to your Steam account.
Your Steam account doesn't have rights to create game server accounts.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 09-01-2022 , 08:21   Re: Nobody being able to join my dedicated server (please help!)
Reply With Quote #2

You didn't state the game.

I'm no expert but it sounds like you are trying to use a attach a game server to your free steam account. Meaning, you haven't purchased anything with that steam account. You can purchase something... anything.... or just logon anonymously and don't attach the game server to your account.
oog
Old 09-01-2022 , 09:43   Re: Nobody being able to join my dedicated server (please help!)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
You didn't state the game.

I'm no expert but it sounds like you are trying to use a attach a game server to your free steam account. Meaning, you haven't purchased anything with that steam account. You can purchase something... anything.... or just logon anonymously and don't attach the game server to your account.
i did state the game with -game tf if you mean that, and i did log on anonymously too, but nothing is working
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-01-2022 , 13:15   Re: Nobody being able to join my dedicated server (please help!)
Reply With Quote #4

No, as in your post. Always state the game you are discussing or requesting help for.

You don't need to login, you can login anonymously to host any server but if the server requires a token, you need to be qualified -

Account Requirements

Your Steam account must not be currently community banned or locked.
Your Steam account must not be limited.
Your Steam account must have a qualifying registered phone.
Your Steam account must own the game for which you are creating a game server account.
Your Steam account may create 1000 game server accounts.

https://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers

What game you're trying to host and what your launch parameters for that server are?