Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D/L4D2] Infected Bots Control (1.0.0)

Post New Thread Reply   

LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 08-11-2009 , 15:12   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
you will only join as infected, then switch to humans and the safe room will open for ya, and the infected bots starts spawning too
i think we have a problem of comunication:

when i play has a human first on the chapter on versus the door will not open because i am the only human in the game. if there is no infected on the other side the door won't open at all. if i try to switch to infected i can't because there is no players on the other side and i message appears: "you can't switch untill all the players are loaded". and even if i can switch to infected i won't be able to swtich to human because the game allows you to witch once.

get it? ;)
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 08-11-2009 , 15:36   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
yeah i have just tested it, and its a really minor issue which really doesn't occur often at all. and the table isn't showing for all the time

edit: i also couldn't spawn when there were 3 bots+me and the tank and on infected. i got killed, then a tank spawned, and those 3 bots were still there, until the tank died, i havent spawned for whole minute or so, really weird
You may have had the tank playable cvar on. It only allows 4 specials on the field with the cvar on, but what was supposed to happen is that the player is to take over the tank, dead or alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTR.2 View Post
i think we have a problem of comunication:

when i play has a human first on the chapter on versus the door will not open because i am the only human in the game. if there is no infected on the other side the door won't open at all. if i try to switch to infected i can't because there is no players on the other side and i message appears: "you can't switch untill all the players are loaded". and even if i can switch to infected i won't be able to swtich to human because the game allows you to witch once.

get it? ;)
The problem is, is that if I spawn them early, then players can switch to the other team and take someone's spot.

Are you playing on a local server (typing in map "mapname" in console) or a dedicated server?

Last edited by mi123645; 08-11-2009 at 15:38.
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-11-2009 , 15:41   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi123645 View Post
No it does not turn it on, it uses the beta stats screen, which may be linked to a cvar.

I found out that if you change your view to a survivor, the slowdown doesn't occur.
Well, that cvar is vs_show_life_stats

Be that as it may, most users won't know that, so they'd be very frustrated at the framerate they get when the get a good boom on the survivors.
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 08-11-2009 , 17:24   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #44

dedicated.

this works with sv_cheats set to 0 right?
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-11-2009 , 19:25   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #45

Is there a way to use this plugin with l4d_infectedbots_director_spawn 1, and be able to play as SI on coop/survival?

I've noticed with l4d_infectedbots_director_spawn 0, the SI spawn WAY too fast on campaign, but if I set it to 1, I can't play as infected on campaign (never spawn).

I know I can turn up the respawn time, but I'd really rather have the director control when I spawn.
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 08-11-2009 , 20:00   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
dedicated.

this works with sv_cheats set to 0 right?
Yes. I'll see what I can about your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
Is there a way to use this plugin with l4d_infectedbots_director_spawn 1, and be able to play as SI on coop/survival?

I've noticed with l4d_infectedbots_director_spawn 0, the SI spawn WAY too fast on campaign, but if I set it to 1, I can't play as infected on campaign (never spawn).

I know I can turn up the respawn time, but I'd really rather have the director control when I spawn.
When the director spawns a special, that special cannot be played at all. I used z_spawn to get around that, but unfortunately it does not come with the director's timing of the bots.
Fermortcis
Old 08-11-2009 , 20:24   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #47

mi123645, great work on cleaning up the code. My server doesn't crash as much as it used to, when I use this with the Missing Survivor's plugin.

I did find one thing annoying though; In your notes, you said in 1.7.0, "Set the number of VS team changes to 99 if its survival or coop, 2 for versus", but I can't find where you did this in the code. It's very annoying, because I like to let my server visitors go spectator and return to survivor to take over a bot if they died. So... I want to edit out the hard limit. Where is the coding that handles the max changes?

I'd rather not see the feature at all in this plugin, because you can manually change the max team switches using the l4d cvar "vs_max_team_switches" in the server config and it works great. But, your plugin is re-writing my "vs_max_team_switches" value to 2 on every map load, instead of what I have it set to.
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-11-2009 , 21:34   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi123645 View Post
When the director spawns a special, that special cannot be played at all. I used z_spawn to get around that, but unfortunately it does not come with the director's timing of the bots.
Would it be possible to catch when an SI is spawned by the director, block it, and have the plugin spawn it?
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 08-11-2009 , 22:22   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #49

the infected spawns too fast with the plugin. there is a way you can fix the infected spawning time? there is no commands like "infected_spawn_min_time" or something like that?
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 08-12-2009 , 01:59   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermortcis View Post
mi123645, great work on cleaning up the code. My server doesn't crash as much as it used to, when I use this with the Missing Survivor's plugin.

I did find one thing annoying though; In your notes, you said in 1.7.0, "Set the number of VS team changes to 99 if its survival or coop, 2 for versus", but I can't find where you did this in the code. It's very annoying, because I like to let my server visitors go spectator and return to survivor to take over a bot if they died. So... I want to edit out the hard limit. Where is the coding that handles the max changes?

I'd rather not see the feature at all in this plugin, because you can manually change the max team switches using the l4d cvar "vs_max_team_switches" in the server config and it works great. But, your plugin is re-writing my "vs_max_team_switches" value to 2 on every map load, instead of what I have it set to.
I removed that code due to the exact reason you stated. I wanted to give customization to server operators, and I felt that it would limit that.

However, that was removed a very long time ago. Are you sure you are using the latest version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
Would it be possible to catch when an SI is spawned by the director, block it, and have the plugin spawn it?
Yes...that can work.

Quote:
the infected spawns too fast with the plugin. there is a way you can fix the infected spawning time? there is no commands like "infected_spawn_min_time" or something like that?
l4d_infectedbots_spawn_time