Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D/L4D2] Infected Bots Control (1.0.0)

Post New Thread Reply   

Edhmelus
Old 08-10-2009 , 16:09   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #31

Honestly. I tried out today a few times and the spawntimes are fucked up quite a bit in VERSUS. I meant in versus. I was forced as a infected player to spawn directly like a versus bot and could not go over the ladder the bot went.
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 08-10-2009 , 16:41   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #32

i have only one problem: when i play versuas and on the other teasm it's no one (everybody left/playing on my own) the safe room doors are always locked. i think this problem could be fixed with just spawning the infected outside the safe room. BUT they have to be frezeed untill the survivors go out the safe room.
lexantis
Old 08-10-2009 , 17:11   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #33

you can simply change team to the infected and the safe room will open itself, then switch back to your own team, how simple. i think its the best way to leave it as it is
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 08-10-2009 , 18:05   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
you can simply change team to the infected and the safe room will open itself, then switch back to your own team, how simple. i think its the best way to leave it as it is

Actually you can't with sb_all_bot_team 1 when there is only one player.

If you have a local server, just run single player and set mp_gamemode to versus and use changelevel to change to a versus map.

If you have a dedicated server, exit the server and put team_desired "Infected" in the console. It will automatically put you on the infected team when you join the server..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edhmelus View Post
Honestly. I tried out today a few times and the spawntimes are fucked up quite a bit in VERSUS. I meant in versus. I was forced as a infected player to spawn directly like a versus bot and could not go over the ladder the bot went.
The reason spawntimes are messed up, is because the bots are not spawning correctly due to the director misplacing them (an error message will sometimes return in the console)

This is has been fixed in 1.7.5.

Last edited by mi123645; 08-10-2009 at 18:10.
LTR.2
Veteran Member
Old 08-10-2009 , 18:12   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #35

but the problem is i don't want to switch to infected. i like to play has infected and human as well.
lexantis
Old 08-10-2009 , 19:00   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #36

you will only join as infected, then switch to humans and the safe room will open for ya, and the infected bots starts spawning too
alicia
Old 08-10-2009 , 23:43   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi123645 View Post
You can type "jointeam 2" in the console which will do that, but I will add that feature in as !js
ah thanks. i went and updated yours to include this. this plugin is friggin sweet.
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-11-2009 , 03:09   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #38

This plugin turns on vs_show_life_stats, right?

If not, disregard this. I'm pretty sure it does since I can't find it in any of my configs.

Anyway, if it DOES turn it on, it needs to turn off for boomers. It really creates lag + dropped frames when a boomer is getting assists.
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 08-11-2009 , 05:49   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
This plugin turns on vs_show_life_stats, right?

If not, disregard this. I'm pretty sure it does since I can't find it in any of my configs.

Anyway, if it DOES turn it on, it needs to turn off for boomers. It really creates lag + dropped frames when a boomer is getting assists.
No it does not turn it on, it uses the beta stats screen, which may be linked to a cvar.

I found out that if you change your view to a survivor, the slowdown doesn't occur.

Last edited by mi123645; 08-11-2009 at 06:04.
lexantis
Old 08-11-2009 , 10:28   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #40

yeah i have just tested it, and its a really minor issue which really doesn't occur often at all. and the table isn't showing for all the time

edit: i also couldn't spawn when there were 3 bots+me and the tank and on infected. i got killed, then a tank spawned, and those 3 bots were still there, until the tank died, i havent spawned for whole minute or so, really weird

Last edited by lexantis; 08-11-2009 at 10:30.