Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Insurgency] Looking for help from community

Post New Thread Reply   

jballou
Old 05-15-2015 , 17:39   [Insurgency] Looking for help from community
Reply With Quote #1

Hi everyone,

For the past year or so, I have been working on Insurgency as a modder, from theaters to SourceMod plugins. Recently, I have taken a position at NWI as a developer, and one of the things I want to improve is support for the community. As part of that, I am keenly aware that I am a noob at SourceMod and need to get some help from some community members to make this work. I have access to all the source code of the game, and have started a document that will name a large number of game and engine functions, and also document the return types. I have a site with a number of plugins in various states of usefulness at http://jballou.com/insurgency and the documentation will likely be posted there as well, until I find a better place to put it.

So, the main things I need help with are:
  1. Finding out what the community wants to be supported via SourceMod that is not currently available
  2. Automating the creation of signature files from the code. I can build the Linux or Windows game files with whatever switches are needed to include symbol or whatever other info is needed, just need to know what I ought to do for this.
  3. Help with determining how to pass an arbitrary object from game code to SM. Some of the functions return objects or structs which I can show the structure of, but I am unsure how to do this in SM.
  4. Identify issues with "Any Mod" plugins working with Insurgency and addressing those issues.

Anyone who wishes to help would be appreciated, thanks!
sejin513
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-16-2015 , 14:52   Re: [Insurgency] Looking for help from community
Reply With Quote #2

This is great news, Ballou!
Badly i have a no skills at sourcemod and source engine .-.)