Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

AMXX Paid Coders wanted

Post New Thread Reply   

RoboCop
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-08-2015 , 08:29   AMXX Paid Coders wanted
Reply With Quote #1

Hello I hope you don't mind if this is allowed, but we require some AMXX Coders who could help regulate our server. I had a look in AMXX Search Plugins and couldn't find the plugin that would suit our convenience. I know most coders and AlliedMods crew aren't made of money, but I will make it worth a while.

If you are interested, please PM me as I will give you the details - related to our community and servers.
Send a message via Skype™ to RoboCop
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 11-08-2015 , 09:51   Re: AMXX Paid Coders wanted
Reply With Quote #2

Give some more details please. Depending on how large of a project it is you may be able to get it for free.
Old 11-09-2015 , 11:09   Re: AMXX Paid Coders wanted
Reply With Quote #3

Well we aren't sure exactly what we need yet. Because I'm thoroughly trying to search in this forum site as well find the plugin that may not exist, first of all. I've been trying some AMXX plugins where the author is maybe no longer supporting the plugin like RuneMod and TFC Skills Rank as they appear to not function properly for our AMXX 1.8.2 Base plugin for HLDS SteamPipe servers. I tried using debug typed after the .amxx plugin in plugins.ini file but don't quite understand what the error means to me and I did try to post this on this forums for RuneMod. TFC Skills Rank well, I've been contacting a friend of the author and he tried everything but gave up on it.

As for the plugins that may not exist or won't work, I don't know if having the sma source code cloned or modified for quick fixes will work if it's beyond repairs or too tricky to resolve the bugs. But I need more time to research and look into which plugin will suit us. I already had a few PMs from this topic and they pointed out a few plugins that already existed - that I knew very little about.

But I think our top of our list would be a fixed version of RuneMod but designed more for HLDS DeathMatch servers like HLDM, Op4, DMC but maybe not CS 1.6 nor DoD 1.3. The idea came when I played a very old HL1 mod, Timmy Wars near 2001 that had plenty of Runes like increasing the rate of fire, HP Regenerate, Quad Damage, No Reload-Clip, Ammo Regenerate; kinda similar to Op4CTF. But of course DMC have it's own Rune like Quad Damage, Cloak and Immortality, except for maybe HP Regenerate and Ammo Regenerate. Also it maybe wise to allow cvar adjustments like "one rune at a time" "duration 12 seconds" to avoid players being overpowered.

I had a look in this thread page but maybe not had the chance to try runemod.2.2.3 yet. Last time I tried that rm2.2.2 on HLDM or Op4DM doesn't appear to show anything nor any runes 3 years ago, unless I need to read further on the readme.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...54#post1065654

Last edited by RoboCop; 11-09-2015 at 11:13.
JusTGo
Veteran Member
Old 11-09-2015 , 13:25   Re: AMXX Paid Coders wanted
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboCop View Post

I had a look in this thread page but maybe not had the chance to try runemod.2.2.3 yet. Last time I tried that rm2.2.2 on HLDM or Op4DM doesn't appear to show anything nor any runes 3 years ago, unless I need to read further on the readme.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...54#post1065654
some runes are made for cs/cz so they will not work on hldm idk about the whole mod but i can see most servers with this mod are cs & cz https://www.gametracker.com/search/?...l&sort=&order=
Old 11-09-2015 , 13:47   Re: AMXX Paid Coders wanted
Reply With Quote #5

Yes I know, but I could of sworn one of the HLDM server near the early Steam Era ~2006 had a RuneMod but maybe the older primative version for most HL1 Deathmatch servers. But I don't think RuneMod for CS/CZ is ideal as I want my CS servers to be more tactical and well regulated. And most AMXX CS plugins for our needs exist for that.

Last edited by RoboCop; 11-09-2015 at 13:52.