Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1

Post New Thread Reply   

lexantis
Old 03-29-2010 , 08:52   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #461

What version of server are you using? I presume the windows one, maybe its crashing under different circumstances, os, version of sm,mm.. etc.
GUI mode sucks
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
Jehuty
Old 03-29-2010 , 13:42   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #462

Yes, I'm running the server under Win XP sp3, Metamod 1.8.0, Source SourceMod 1.4.0-hg2942 (i tried to use SourceMod 1.3.1, but it didn't helped a bit to stop these crashes). And of course GUI mode sucks. But at the moment it's like "what can't be cured must be endured".
bakentake
Old 03-31-2010 , 18:12   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #463

So any possibility that this is causing weapons and stuff to not show up at the start of the map (having to vote to the same map to get the weapons to pop up)?

Its the only plugin I have that would effect weapon spawns so maybe somebody has a fix for it.
Crimson_Fox
Old 04-05-2010 , 19:43   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #464

Quote:
Originally Posted by .silence. View Post
Ooooo, that would be an excellent option to have.
Yep, planning on adding that once I get some time to code it in.
Crimson_Fox
Old 04-05-2010 , 19:56   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8
Reply With Quote #465

Quote:
Originally Posted by basktfbb View Post
I tried it, but it still appears 4 AWP

it is easier, make the AWP to appear in place of grenade launchers

I just want to only one AWP at a time

help me pleased

there is my sourcecode again
I'm not sure what the problem is, I'm getting just 1 AWP per spawn on my end with that code. Do you have another plug-in that's conflicting with it perhaps?
Crimson_Fox
Old 04-05-2010 , 20:01   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #466

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWarrior View Post
When can we expect a update for 10vs10 or more servers please?
It works on 10vs10 servers, it's just that only 4 weapons will be available (just like regular weapon spawns). I'm planning on making it so you can specify the amount of weapons per spawn in the next release.
Crimson_Fox
Old 04-05-2010 , 20:06   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
I tried to run server in console mode with just basic set of plugins and [L4D2] Weapon Unlock" (0.8.1), and it still crashes! Without the weapon unlock plugin it works fine in console mode.
Here is the list of plugins:

01 "Admin File Reader" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
02 "Admin Help" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
03 "Admin Menu" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
04 "Anti-Flood" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
05 "Basic Ban Commands" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
06 "Basic Chat" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
07 "Basic Comm Control" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
08 "Basic Commands" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
09 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
10 "Basic Votes" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
11 "Client Preferences" (1.3.1) by AlliedModders LLC
12 "[L4D2] Weapon Unlock" (0.8.1) by Crimson_Fox

It's really weird... I've always been thinking that if plugin works on the server, it works it no matter what UI the server using and vise versa, because the server's core anyway the same. Anyway, maybe there is a way to run the server in a GUI mode (with no "-console" parameter) without the start menu at last, so it could be automatically restarted by a .bat file in case of crash, just like the server in console mode?

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
That *is* really weird. I don't have any tips on running a Windows server as I'm only running Linux servers myself. The only thing I can think of that might be causing the crash is the map restart. Try commenting out line 112 and see if it fixes it. You may have to restart the map manually for the weapons to do damage though.
Crimson_Fox
Old 04-05-2010 , 20:08   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #468

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakentake View Post
So any possibility that this is causing weapons and stuff to not show up at the start of the map (having to vote to the same map to get the weapons to pop up)?

Its the only plugin I have that would effect weapon spawns so maybe somebody has a fix for it.
It may be the only plug-in that affects weapons spawns, but it doesn't mean it won't conflict with something else. Try unloading all the other plug-ins except this one and add them one by one until the problem repeats itself.
Jehuty
Old 04-08-2010 , 14:13   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Fox View Post
Try commenting out line 112 and see if it fixes it.
It really fixes the server crash, but the plugin don't work properly witohut that line. As I found out, ForceChangeLevel(Map, "Hidden weapon initialization.") causes the server to crash when it's in console mode. Is that possible to use another command to change the map, like in this plugin for example (or something like "sm_map")? I'm using this plugin for a long time, and it works perfectly in both GUI and console server modes. I tried to change the line 113 in Weapon Unlock mod on my own, but failed.

Maybe it will be necessary to save the current game scores into a variable, than change the map and then restore them.

Thanks in advance.
95trane
Old 04-08-2010 , 23:08   Re: [L4D2] Weapon Unlock v0.8.1
Reply With Quote #470

I discovered this by accident. I was able to find a way to get the baseball bat to work in both single and multiplayer games with no glitches or bugs what-so-ever. I'm not exactly sure what I did and how I got the bat to work, because I tried duplicating it, and no luck. BUT i can tell u what I did to get it working the 1st time(and maybe u can look into it ^.^" ). I noticed that once I got this mod:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1124023
and messed with it alittle, by disabling the features that I didnt want and adding the CVARs into my server.cfg , the baseball bat WORKED(and i was testing the mod out in a multiplayer game i made,thru garena). I will try duplicating it again so that u can have more information on it. I think that it might have been something I've done OR there was some type of error/ got lucky, I dont know.