Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Run speed issue after upgrading to SteamCMD and latest AMX Mod X

Post New Thread Reply   

3vo
Old 11-15-2017 , 17:43   Run speed issue after upgrading to SteamCMD and latest AMX Mod X
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys. I recently decided to set up my CS 1.6 server again and have ran across an issue that I can't seem to pin down.

Running a dedicated server via HLDS with AMX Mod X version 1.8.1.3746 and SH version 1.2.1, client run speeds (cl_[forward|back|side]speed) work as they should and interact with plugins as expected.

Running a dedicated server via SteamCMD with AMX Mod X version 1.8.2 and SH version 1.2.1, the clients' run speeds are set to whatever their cl_[forward|back|side]speed values are upon joining the server. As soon as a round starts, their speeds are adjusted properly, but if a player re-spawns during the round, they go back to their cl_ values until the client changes weapons. I do not encounter this issue when SH is disabled, but the SH core has not changed between the two cases.

Any assistance in helping fix the issue would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Have also tested the SteamCMD setup running the SH core compiled with AMXX 1.8.1.3746 vs compiled with AMXX 1.8.2; same result.

Last edited by 3vo; 11-15-2017 at 18:33.
3vo
Old 11-16-2017 , 02:03   Re: Run speed issue after upgrading to SteamCMD and latest AMX Mod X
Reply With Quote #2

Updated to the latest 1.8.3 build and still had issues. I've found a workaround, but it requires altering SH core and will also need to rewrite multiple heroes to function properly.

The workaround is to set everything that was in public ham_PlayerSpawn_Post(id) to a task set 0.1 seconds after ham_PlayerSpawn_Post() is called. Will need to rewrite heroes that do things on respawning, especially if they use ExecuteHamB(Ham_CS_RoundRespawn, id).

PHP Code:
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
public ham_PlayerSpawn_Post(id)
{
    if ( !
get_pcvar_num(sv_superheros) ) return HAM_IGNORED

// 3vo Testing - setting everything to a task

set_task(0.1"post_post_spawn"id)

return 
HAM_IGNORED

If anyone can help trace and fix why this is happening in the first place, I would be very grateful.