Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

cs 1.6 dedicated server help

Post New Thread Reply   

c.jeon91
Old 09-04-2009 , 17:00   Re: cs 1.6 dedicated server help
Reply With Quote #61

I went to the cstrike in dedicated server folder but where do i get this text file?? when i go into the cstrike folder in dedicated server folder, i see "dlls" file folder and a "save" file folder. AND, this GAM file that's titled liblist.gam... where's the text file?

Last edited by c.jeon91; 09-04-2009 at 17:40.
Pvpnis
Old 09-04-2009 , 17:52   Re: cs 1.6 dedicated server help
Reply With Quote #62

Dude haha, u need to make an text file, if you have windows right click with the mouse then new then text file rename it to steam_appid.txt and put only 10 in it

Remember put +karma for me (:

Last edited by Pvpnis; 09-04-2009 at 18:18.
c.jeon91
Old 09-04-2009 , 18:09   Re: cs 1.6 dedicated server help
Reply With Quote #63

oh man! i feel so close!!! but what the heck!!! i made the text file named steam_appid.txt in the cstrike folder in dedicated server folder. AND i double clicked on the text file and put 10 in it. Just like you said... i restarted the computer, turned on the dedicated server, went to console and typed in status. it says:
version : 48/1.1.2.6/2.0.0.0 4554 secure (5)
So i went to the c drive, program files, steam, steamapps, blla bla bla to cstrike folder of the dedicated server and checked if the name of the text changed to steam_appid.txt.txt just like you said... but it didn't... it was steam_appid.txt and the number in there was still 10... what am i doing wrong???

Last edited by c.jeon91; 09-04-2009 at 18:18.
Pvpnis
Old 09-04-2009 , 18:19   Re: cs 1.6 dedicated server help
Reply With Quote #64

Okey duddee add me Molotow01 @ steam so we can talk.
c.jeon91
Old 09-04-2009 , 18:48   Re: cs 1.6 dedicated server help
Reply With Quote #65

ok i added u.... why arnt u online!
c.jeon91
Old 09-05-2009 , 18:33   Re: cs 1.6 dedicated server help
Reply With Quote #66

IT WORKED! i want to thank all of the people who tried to help me. The one who made it work was Pvpnis. thank this website!! ok... since this post is still about DEDICATED SERVER... i can still continue to get help? right? What's a good bot plugin for cs 1.6 dedicated server?

Last edited by c.jeon91; 09-05-2009 at 18:38.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 09-05-2009 , 18:50   Re: cs 1.6 dedicated server help
Reply With Quote #67

Search. That question has been asked toooooooooooooo many times. Also, this thread had nothing to do with bots so it would not be a good place to aske about them.
Old 09-05-2009 , 21:06   Re: cs 1.6 dedicated server help
Reply With Quote #68

k.... yea.. bots wouldnt have to do anything about dedicated server... but i have another one then... THIS should be ABOUT the dedicated server... Whenever people leave, it says that they dropped from the dedicated server console.... does that mean that they actually dropped because the server kicked them? or is it just a term that they left? Because dropped means that they couldn't join the server...
mattisbogus
Old 09-06-2009 , 15:07   Re: cs 1.6 dedicated server help
Reply With Quote #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.jeon91 View Post
k.... yea.. bots wouldnt have to do anything about dedicated server... but i have another one then... THIS should be ABOUT the dedicated server... Whenever people leave, it says that they dropped from the dedicated server console.... does that mean that they actually dropped because the server kicked them? or is it just a term that they left? Because dropped means that they couldn't join the server...
Drop only means they left.

Also about bots, no offense but if it was this difficult for you to get the server up and running, getting bots to work effectively is just going to be a really long road. However, I recommend you look for podbot. KWo did a great job in explaining almost every aspect of podbot so before you ask any questions about it you should read his documentation. I must warn you though that running bots could very well lead you into a lot more problems.

What is your server specs (CPU/Ram) and what is your upload speed? These are going to be some of the most important things you will need to know if your going to be running a server, especially with bots.