Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Updating the main site?

Post New Thread Reply   

Prowler
Old 10-16-2004 , 03:54   Updating the main site?
Reply With Quote #1

Just wondering when you were planning on Updating the Main webpage? seeing as most of those amx links are for old amx, and the amxx are for old amxx, I'm aware that JTP doesnt direct access to the webpage but perhaps whoever does should do some fixing up? (or give access to someone who can)

Personally i'd suggest having two catagories in the SuperHero section, "Supported" or "Approved" heroes (such as the ones JTP puts his lil sticker on) and then "unsupported" or "Not Approved" where all new and as of yet not tested and not personally approved/supported by the Shero team. This will basically be where all the heroes go that as of yet are not working for the latest AMX(x) versions, still new and therefore not tested or just plain crap. and obviously the reverse being the Approved section where all heroes that have been tested and most likely personally coded/edited.

ALSO you should make a note somewhere saying "if you post your hero here we may be allowed to edit it as we see fit in order as long as we retain the original credits" This is for if someone posts a hero that works, and is fun but then it is found to be buggy in the latest Shero build or superior coding methods have been found and the orignial author cannot be contacted or has abandoned it completely.

anyway, im sure that these ideas have more than likely been throught of, but i would personally like to see some sort of update in the site, as people rarely go into the forums and just download the versions that they find on the main site.
Chivas2973
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2004 , 07:06  
Reply With Quote #2

the only real problem was that AssKicR posted/ported his heros with a link for amx and then uploaded his amxx version cause it was newer, so the script reads it that the amxx version is the download

but if you do it the right way, you should look at the post for the hero, the see that there are 2 versions

I do admit that it would lessen the confusion for the noobs, but it is alot more work for freecode
Old 10-16-2004 , 09:31  
Reply With Quote #3

Freecode is wo internet for a while as I understand, I'm going to see if I can get website info form rock