Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)

Post New Thread Reply   

Hikiopoltsh
Old 06-15-2010 , 01:14   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #411

Cleaned up version of Bill v2:
Link

Reverts to just Bill's model files and edited talker scripts of the original survivors. Also fixes the bug where the L4D2 survivors tell you to get to the car when there isn't one when the rescue vehicle arrives.
dani1341
BANNED
Old 06-15-2010 , 05:33   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survirvors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by uriel18 View Post
No fixs?...where have you been this last 2 months?

The last version of kwski´s plugin, has an option to change automatically back everybody at the end of the map, to l4d2 survivors with the objective to count their stats, and then in the next map changes again to l4d1 survivors.

Works perfectly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of people is reporting their plugin of superversus doesn´t work well with this mod. Please use the following version: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=354 (This version is the only tested and re-tested by me, and guaranteed to work)

***UPDATED IN FIRST POST***

so should i use that version of super versus ? what is the change from the original ?
uriel18
Old 06-15-2010 , 07:25   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #413

Only use it if you have problems with the actual. If not, DO NOT USE.

It´s an older version, wich keeps bots at map change. Some people still have this issue but fixed with this.

Repeat, if you haven´t this problem, do not use.
Old 06-15-2010 , 07:29   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #414

Quote:
Originally Posted by honorcode23 View Post
Uhm guys, do yo keep getting problems in c6m1_riverbank and c6m3_port about the players getting teleported and stucked on the bridge? If so, i can make a small plugin that fixes that, but if it is already fixed, then i won't do it.
Kswkis plugin have the option to self-deactivate for that map, still bugs.
Old 06-15-2010 , 22:49   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by satannuts View Post
(long post about the talker files)
satannuts
I've already got the L4D1 Survivors working for Dead Center, I've been meaning to get them working for the rest of the campaigns. Of course, there's no specifics (Get into the mall!, etc.) But I did do what I could.

Like Satannuts said, it takes a LONG time to get the talker files organized to make sure that everything's in there. I actually redid the Zoey file 2-3 times, because I couldn't tell if it had everything.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OrginalL4DSpeak_DCe.zip (83.7 KB, 198 views)

Last edited by Portalboat; 06-15-2010 at 22:56.
knfes
Old 06-15-2010 , 23:41   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portalboat View Post
I've already got the L4D1 Survivors working for Dead Center, I've been meaning to get them working for the rest of the campaigns. Of course, there's no specifics (Get into the mall!, etc.) But I did do what I could.

Like Satannuts said, it takes a LONG time to get the talker files organized to make sure that everything's in there. I actually redid the Zoey file 2-3 times, because I couldn't tell if it had everything.
Awesome, just curious on the closed captions. Been trying to make those work for L4D1 characters. Can't seem to make it work. Anyone know how to do this?
Portalboat
Old 06-15-2010 , 23:46   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #417

I tried doing it, but it wasn't that complex. Just copypast'd the "TeenGirl" entries into "closecaption_english.txt".

But it didn't work.

EDIT: I copied it into the "subtitles_english.txt", I'll see if that works once I get done with Zoey's lines for DCa.

DOUBLEEDIT: I have good news and bad news. The bad news, the subtitles STILL don't work, I don't know why. But the new Zoey lines work fine. I'll have a updated .vpk once I get done with the 2 other survivors.

Last edited by Portalboat; 06-16-2010 at 00:42.
uriel18
Old 06-16-2010 , 07:45   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portalboat View Post
I tried doing it, but it wasn't that complex. Just copypast'd the "TeenGirl" entries into "closecaption_english.txt".

But it didn't work.

EDIT: I copied it into the "subtitles_english.txt", I'll see if that works once I get done with Zoey's lines for DCa.

DOUBLEEDIT: I have good news and bad news. The bad news, the subtitles STILL don't work, I don't know why. But the new Zoey lines work fine. I'll have a updated .vpk once I get done with the 2 other survivors.

Nice news. I will post your work in first page. I will test it later.
Old 06-16-2010 , 10:04   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #419

I put the zoey dead center add on in and even rebuilt the audio cache and I haven't heard anything new in regards to lines. Just the stuff that's with the Passing still.

Does she say the new lines only in bot form or have I miss read or not read something.
Portalboat
Old 06-16-2010 , 11:49   Re: [L4D2]All 8 survivors (from 1 and 2)
Reply With Quote #420

Oh, right, you need to copypasta the "TeenGirl" folder in scenes/ from Left 4 Dead 1 (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\scenes) into the Left 4 Dead 2 scenes folder (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\scenes), and then you need to do the same for the sound. (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead\left4dead\sound\player\survivor\voice\) and (C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\sound\player\survivor\voice\) You also need to put the scenes.image file in the scenes folder, and the sound.cache into the sound folder.

Also, keep in mind that you wouldn't hear ALL the new lines unless you kick the bots.

About the closed captions: I think that the game is using the subtitles_english.dat file, not the subtitles_english.txt, so that's why it's not working.

There's something about it in here, but I can't seem to get it to work. Can anyone else do it?
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w...losed_captions
Attached Files
File Type: zip sound.cache.zip (1.28 MB, 2270 views)
File Type: zip scenes.image.zip (2.64 MB, 2101 views)

Last edited by Portalboat; 06-16-2010 at 12:09.