Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D] Score breaker?

Post New Thread Reply   

Edhmelus
Old 08-29-2009 , 04:49   [L4D] Score breaker?
Reply With Quote #1

So, I am having a major problem on my "funserver"

When people ragequit and another joins, it seems taht once the person joined, the score of said team is reset. Same as for beginning campaigns. I dont know why and how, but lemme list all my plugins here:

admin-flatfile.smx
adminhelp.smx
adminmmenu.smx
advertisements.smx
antiflood.smx
basebans.smx
basechat.smx
basecomm.smx
basecommands.smx | Not that I see these two (basecomm and commands..) are they duplicates? Oo..
basetriggers.smx
basevotes.smx
clietprefs.smx
funcommands.smx
infectedspawn.smx
l4d_broadcast.smx
l4d_ghostpounce_SM1.3.smx <- doesnt work NEITHER but I doubt it interferes with the survivor scores.
l4d_lasersight.smx <- doesnt work neither for some reason..
L4D_Meleefatigue10.. .smx
L4Dscores.smx <- Maybe in here is the problem? *Shrug*
l4dvsinfectedvots.smx | These bots horribly mess with the Perkmod and yeah, maybe there could be a Infected bots version without the annoying menu at the left side, which makes the !PERKS command vanish? And maybe this plugin messes with the score? It annoyed me for some time anyway.
nextmap.smx
perkmod.smx
playercommands.smx
pounceanounce.smx <- works but clings to max 25 even though I...
pounceuncap.smx <- have set it to 100 in here to test out grasshopper to it's fullest (Record by far is right now 72..)
sounds.smx
TooLateToBan.smx <- My most beloved plugin ^_^
votemanager2.smx
zinfo.smx

Config is as follows. maybe the problem is in here? :

hostname "youshouldntknowbecauseitsmyserver:>"

rcon_password "thisistheworstpasswordiveeverchosenbecauseno oneshouldknowitontheseforums!"

exec banned_user.cfg
exec banned_ip.cfg

sv_steamgroup Dumm dey dum
MP_FRIENDLYFIRE 0
mp_gamemode versus
z_difficulty Impossible
sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0
director_no_human_zombies 0
sv_search_key MWHA, LIKE I'D TELL YA :>

motd_enabled 1
mp_disable_autokick 1
sv_cheats 0
sv_consistency 1
sv_contact
sv_downloadurl
sv_voiceenable 1
sv_alltalk 0
sv_voicequality 5
sv_voicecodec vaudio_speex

sv_region 0
sv_maxupdaterate 120
sv_minupdaterate 20
sv_unlag 1
sv_maxunlag .5

sv_log_onefile 0
sv_logbans 1

setmaster add XX.XXX.XX.XXX:
setmaster add XX.XXX.XX.XXX:

Server is using Perkmod and we are in love with the Grasshopper, Toungetwister and other things.

We are also currently recruiting (EU) people only. Going to merge with another clan soon and change from Eternal Silence.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2009 , 05:58   Re: [L4D] Score breaker?
Reply With Quote #2

basecomm - Base Communications. Includes features like gag, silence etc.

l4d_ghostpounce_SM1.3 - Just in case you dont know it, need Source Mod 1.3 for it to work, if you use 1.3 and it still not working ask author. Shouldnt interfere with scores.

pounceannounce - something resets max pounce bonus dmg to default 25. Try to remove pounce uncap and set max pounce dmg manually. Shouldnt interfere with scores.

L4Dscores.smx - most probable cause, since Downtown extension have acces to scoreaboards and this plugins works with scoreboards naturally. Check plugin thread, maybe you have wrong plugin settings.

Hope it will help
Old 08-29-2009 , 07:12   Re: [L4D] Score breaker?
Reply With Quote #3

And how do I set the max pounce damage manually? <.< Will remove L4Dscores.smx to test it later on.

Server is using Perkmod and we are in love with the Grasshopper, Toungetwister and other things.

We are also currently recruiting (EU) people only. Going to merge with another clan soon and change from Eternal Silence.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2009 , 12:45   Re: [L4D] Score breaker?
Reply With Quote #4

sm_cvar z_hunter_max_pounce_bonus_damage

And these are for distance, depending on that you will need to fly either more or less distance to apply more or less damage.

sm_cvar z_pounce_damage_range_max
sm_cvar z_pounce_damage_range_min
Old 08-30-2009 , 03:12   Re: [L4D] Score breaker?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
sm_cvar z_hunter_max_pounce_bonus_damage

And these are for distance, depending on that you will need to fly either more or less distance to apply more or less damage.

sm_cvar z_pounce_damage_range_max
sm_cvar z_pounce_damage_range_min
Okay so, I dont really dare setting a max and min if I dont know the usual numbers.. What is the DEFAULT max and what is the DEFAULT min set by VALVe ?

Edhmelus
Old 08-30-2009 , 15:19   Re: [L4D] Score breaker?
Reply With Quote #6

Anyone knows? Would help.. I uncapped to 100 and hunters did 111 damage instant.. Aka instant death Oo..

triggerman
Old 08-30-2009 , 20:14   Re: [L4D] Score breaker?
Reply With Quote #7

default min is 300, default max is 1000.

if you want proper scale, you only need to change the max. min should not be changed at all.

basically for every 25 you increase the pounce damage by you should increase the max by 700.
Edhmelus
Old 08-31-2009 , 01:31   Re: [L4D] Score breaker?
Reply With Quote #8

Trying that out today, will see the outcome of 3100 (I want to increase the cap by 75 so I increase the range by 2100)

Edhmelus
Old 08-31-2009 , 02:40   Re: [L4D] Score breaker?
Reply With Quote #9

Righto! I figured it.
At a range of 3100 you use a max damage of 122 to scale it that the REGULAR hunters hit 25 or a 2-3 damage more! For Grasshoppers, using the perkmod, they will hit for about 34-35 I reckon. FOr really difficult and "pro" or "Lucky" jumps it will be fifty damage or so. Thanks ^^ I experimented long with that.