Well, this is a tutorial I made awhile ago.
Reccently posted it in a public topic, but "someone
" thought i should make a new topic.
And yeah, the old "Beginners Guide
" is kinda old and not as easy to read as mine. I took time doing this tutorial in detail.
Feel free to give'me critic
Please correct any errors in this "tutorial
" if you find any.
Also note that i am not a pro in any way, this is basics
My native language is NOT
This is a basic
tutorial for beginners
Hope this helps.
.: Up-To-Date :.
Install latest the latest AmxModX
Also install latest SuperHero Mod
Note: Do not use SuperHero Mod's "auto-installer"
.: Downloads :.
I'll choose the Jolt
hero as example in this "tut
First make sure You got all requirements for the hero.
.: Compile :.
- Download the source. (sma file.)
- Put the source into this folder
- Some heroes includes additional files. Those files is a requirement for the Hero to work correctly.
- It's usually mdl, spr and wav files.
- This is of course needed for heroes that re-skins weapons or players.
Also needed for heroes which uses custom sounds when used. Same with sprites (spr).
- You just have to put them in following direction(s)
- Models goes into
- Sounds goes into
- Sprites goes into
- Make sure to put them in correct direction.
.: Amxx File Into Server :.
- Compile it localy.
- Execute following
- Note that you don't have to do this one time for every source. It compiles all source's in your scripting folder into amxx files (Will explain at next step.).
.: Activate Hero :.
- If the Compile works as it should, you should now have a new folder or just the folder by default.
- The source code is now transformed into amxx file, so the server may read it.
- Now, take the compiled hero from this direction in this case
- Move this amxx file into following direction
.: Configurations :.
- Now how to activate the hero!
- To activate the hero you must open following configuration file, the default direction is
- If you don't auto-open this file with any text software, Just open this file with notepad or wordpad.
- The first 9 lines or so just chooses how you wanna save the Exp. Do not touch if you do not know what you're doing.
- Under that part you wanna write the exact file name of the hero we wanna activate. In this case the Jolt Hero. We know that the name of that hero's amxx file is "sh_jolt.amxx". So we just have to write it in this configuration file.
- An example of a "plugins-shero.ini" may be;
//Add Heroes Here
- Just write in the Jolt amxx file name as i did in this list. (I usually do it in alphabetical order, makes it easier for the next step.)
.: Done :.
- Now we need to configurate the hero for Your own needs.
- Locate following CFG file (Open with any text)
- The top of this config is general settings for Exp etc.
- Look at the Jolt Heroes page for CVars. (CVars = basically settings.)
- Jolt's CVars is very easy and short. Since it needs no other then level setting.
- The default amount is often currently active. (It's written in the source code from begining, but this config file let us change that.)
- Just copy-paste the CVar(s) into the list and choose whatever amount you want. As you might understand "jolt_level" decides what level the hero is available at.
If you made every step correctly, The Hero
will now be activated and work in-game.