Raised This Month: $95 Target: $400
 23% 

[CS:GO] Server Lag, Possibly Extensions(?)


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
destroyer6171
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Old 07-26-2016 , 16:22   Re: [CS:GO] Server Lag, Possibly Extensions(?)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aymeric VII View Post
I dont recall ever having a windows vs linux "debate" with anyone or anywhere on this forums, you got the wrong guy. But anyways its complete facts, nothing to debate either way.
We're moving one of our servers over to one of our Windows servers to test the theory, we only moved to Linux for the soul purpose of a secure firewall protecting most attacks.
destroyer6171 is offline
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Old 07-26-2016 , 17:59   Re: [CS:GO] Server Lag, Possibly Extensions(?)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aymeric VII View Post
I dont recall ever having a windows vs linux "debate" with anyone or anywhere on this forums, you got the wrong guy. But anyways its complete facts, nothing to debate either way.
I wasn't referring to you of which the discussion took place, just the overall discussion has been in many threads. You can't just simply state it works better without proper evidence, as it may work better on one machine and not another. If you would like to prove your statement, use the scientific method and provide us with data that will help strengthen your position, rather than blanket statements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer6171 View Post
Just a quick update, I have removed DHooks and the server is still spiking every so often.
Do the errors still exist though? That was the real purpose of that.
You should give us a list of all your plugins, and the real starting point of finding out what the issue is, is if the server runs fine without any third party plugins.
__________________

Last edited by Maxximou5; 07-26-2016 at 18:15.
Maxximou5 is offline
Aymeric VII
BANNED
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Hiding under my sheets
Old 07-26-2016 , 20:57   Re: [CS:GO] Server Lag, Possibly Extensions(?)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
You can't just simply state it works better without proper evidence, as it may work better on one machine and not another. If you would like to prove your statement, use the scientific method and provide us with data that will help strengthen your position, rather than blanket statements.
Im not going to sit here wasting my time building up screenshots and full planned out evidence of all 4 of my dedi's running half and half linux and windows showing the statistics between both OS i encountered but heres a quick screenshot i had a few days ago of the founder of nfoservers saying it himself since i wanted to see his thoughts myself, for "strengthening evidence" or whatever the hell you want to call it.

Last edited by Aymeric VII; 07-26-2016 at 21:04.
Aymeric VII is offline
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Feb 2013
Old 07-26-2016 , 21:25   Re: [CS:GO] Server Lag, Possibly Extensions(?)
Reply With Quote #14

It's not wasting time if it proves your point. I'm not arguing on behalf of using Linux over Windows, just that telling people to use one over the other because it will perform better isn't necessarily true for everyone. John has designed his servers to work well specifically for Windows, and others may need to make the same modifications on the same systems to get any performance over using Linux. Often enough you need to pay more to use Windows when in fact you will only come out at a loss over the performance you may never use. You don't need to be rude about it, I just want you to prove it with facts and data as to why instead of providing quotes and statements that aren't truly applicable for everyone. That doesn't mean to say you are wrong that him changing to Windows won't in fact make things better. Just stating it to everyone is ill-advised.
__________________

Last edited by Maxximou5; 07-26-2016 at 21:32.
Maxximou5 is offline
tuan206
Member
Join Date: May 2016
Old 07-28-2016 , 23:07   Re: [CS:GO] Server Lag, Possibly Extensions(?)
Reply With Quote #15

*Note this will only apply to nfo's virtual machine*
Try making a backup of all your servers, then switching os then trying the server with the performance issue. It doesn't hurt to switch os except all the servers get erased, so if you use a virtual machine you can try that. On virtual machines, you won't have to worry about the websites get erased because I asked John himself, he said the website is hosted on another machine if on virtual.
tuan206 is offline
destroyer6171
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Old 07-29-2016 , 04:17   Re: [CS:GO] Server Lag, Possibly Extensions(?)
Reply With Quote #16

I've resolved the issue already, forgot about this thread.

It was to do with Linux, not sure what it was but it didn't like Linux. It might be due to the fact I built my servers on a Windows machine, who knows.

Thanks for all your help.
destroyer6171 is offline
Aymeric VII
BANNED
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Hiding under my sheets
Old 07-29-2016 , 05:02   Re: [CS:GO] Server Lag, Possibly Extensions(?)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer6171 View Post
I've resolved the issue already, forgot about this thread.

It was to do with Linux, not sure what it was but it didn't like Linux. It might be due to the fact I built my servers on a Windows machine, who knows.

Thanks for all your help.
good to hear, hope all goes well
Aymeric VII is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode