Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.33 4/14/2015

Post New Thread Reply   

Smarmy
Old 06-04-2013 , 08:27   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1361

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
This plugin was designed specifically to deal with idiots like that. Unfortunately, the plugin is not supported and is way out of date.

This thread is to help people with this plugin and not for server advice, however, since I'm bothering to reply, I might as well give you some advice.

I've been running servers for 10 years. If it were my servers and those guys are team-stacking to the point that people are so frustrated they quit, then the team-stackers would get warned, kicked then banned if they don't stop immediately. The reputation of your server is not worth a thing if a handful of people are ruining it and soon no one will play there. Tell them to stop, if they don't get rid of them. They aren't worth the trouble and they will easily be replaced by new players if you have a decent server.

Good luck.
I second this advice.

Last edited by Smarmy; 06-04-2013 at 08:27.
Kris18
Old 06-29-2013 , 18:39   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1362

I installed this plugin and it's great! Except one thing.

I looked through all the configs and tried to find to no avail the option to disable only allowing one scramble per round. Usually, it would be good to restrict it to once per round--but not on a (team) deathmatch server which never completes a round.

Is there any way to disable this restriction? Thanks. =)
Sillium
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-01-2013 , 00:39   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1363

You would have to edit the plugin and remove "g_bScrambledThisRound".

www.unterwasserpyromanen.de
_david_
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-04-2013 , 08:42   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1364

* Fixed the deprecated warnings
* included the latest gameme include file to fix the gameme errors
* added a new convar "gs_onescrambleperround" to disable only allowing one scramble per round

gscrambleplugin.zip

Last edited by _david_; 07-04-2013 at 08:47.
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-04-2013 , 08:52   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1365

Quote:
Originally Posted by _david_ View Post
* Fixed the deprecated warnings
* included the latest gameme include file to fix the gameme errors
* added a new convar "gs_onescrambleperround " to disable only allowing one scramble per round
Is this, by any chance, something you plan to continue doing? I don't necessarily mean coding new features or the like--moreso fixing stuff when it breaks and/or possibly incorporating fixes other people write. The reason I ask is because, right now, even if someone forks the plugin and updates it like you did, it gets lost to the ages as people make replies, so I was thinking you might be interested in copying the opening post into a new thread & archiving this one, allowing us to have a thread that is actually updated from time to time with the latest changes

It's totally understandable if you're not interested, but I thought I'd mention it
Send a message via AIM to Atreus Send a message via MSN to Atreus
_david_
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-04-2013 , 09:10   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreus View Post
Is this, by any chance, something you plan to continue doing? I don't necessarily mean coding new features or the like--moreso fixing stuff when it breaks and/or possibly incorporating fixes other people write. The reason I ask is because, right now, even if someone forks the plugin and updates it like you did, it gets lost to the ages as people make replies, so I was thinking you might be interested in copying the opening post into a new thread & archiving this one, allowing us to have a thread that is actually updated from time to time with the latest changes

It's totally understandable if you're not interested, but I thought I'd mention it
Yeah i am interested in doing that, I am new here so is it okay to just copy the thread and post it again with my fixed version?

Last edited by _david_; 07-04-2013 at 09:11.
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-04-2013 , 09:23   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1367

Considering the op has been abandoned for about a year now, I don't think it should be an issue so long as you do continue to credit Goerge in the new op. That said, it's waited this long, so let's hold off a bit longer so that I can clear it with a mod. I'll post back once I know

edit: Okay, I spoke with asherkin. In short, yeah-- go ahead and copy the op, make whatever changes to it you feel are appropriate w/ the new version of the plugin & continue to credit BrutalGoerge. Then, go ahead and post it in the New Plugins forum, as it will need to be re-approved.

Then, post back here with a link to the new thread and let me know whether (a) you're going to report this one for archival or (b) you'd like me to do so. I'm cool either way

Last edited by Atreus; 07-04-2013 at 09:32.
_david_
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-04-2013 , 13:00   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreus View Post
Considering the op has been abandoned for about a year now, I don't think it should be an issue so long as you do continue to credit Goerge in the new op. That said, it's waited this long, so let's hold off a bit longer so that I can clear it with a mod. I'll post back once I know

edit: Okay, I spoke with asherkin. In short, yeah-- go ahead and copy the op, make whatever changes to it you feel are appropriate w/ the new version of the plugin & continue to credit BrutalGoerge. Then, go ahead and post it in the New Plugins forum, as it will need to be re-approved.

Then, post back here with a link to the new thread and let me know whether (a) you're going to report this one for archival or (b) you'd like me to do so. I'm cool either way
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=219898

Last edited by _david_; 07-05-2013 at 04:54.
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-04-2013 , 14:13   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1369

So, apparently he doubleposted and the link he gave above got trashed [img]http://img472.**************/img472/921/vcrydz3.gif[/img]

That said, the other copy is still up and is going to continue to be updated as things go forward, and this thread will be trashed once I get an answer as to whether he is the one who's going to be reporting it or not.

Once more, the link is https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=219898
igotfits
Old 11-01-2013 , 19:32   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1370

so for some reason after a few hours of playing when players try an scramble, a message shows....
"not enough players to start vote"
is that a bug or something?