Raised This Month: $151 Target: $400
 37% 

[TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.33 4/14/2015

Post New Thread Reply   

Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-06-2013 , 21:41   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1361

Quote:
Originally Posted by friagram View Post
You posted 1 warning, and 1 error, and did not even post the whole message for each.
yeah turns out I'm still getting the freezing even without this plugin loaded but I see what you are saying, I'll look and try to get a screen of the errors.
Velture
Old 05-19-2013 , 10:11   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1362

Anyone else is getting server crash after admin manually forces scramble?
Old 05-25-2013 , 10:43   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velture View Post
Anyone else is getting server crash after admin manually forces scramble?

I think I'm getting one from it and I've been trying to recompile but keep getting errors, everything is there as required to compile but its not.

this is a picture of the errors for anyone interested in telling me why...

Last edited by Horsedick; 05-25-2013 at 10:52.
upuranus
Old 05-28-2013 , 23:54   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1364

I have a situation where there are certain players who frequent our server that like to stack up all on one team. The other team gets overwhelmed and invariably most quit. Is there any way to set up a list of players by steamid or something and have those players only get balanced between teams? It is always the same guys and they all get on teamspeak and gang up on the other team or single out a certain player. I don't want to disrupt the game by a bunch of team balances, just to force a certain group of players to be evenly distributed amongst the two teams. I'd like to leave everyone else alone. Is that possible?
scso1502
Old 05-29-2013 , 00:30   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1365

This plugin was designed specifically to deal with idiots like that. Unfortunately, the plugin is not supported and is way out of date.

This thread is to help people with this plugin and not for server advice, however, since I'm bothering to reply, I might as well give you some advice.

I've been running servers for 10 years. If it were my servers and those guys are team-stacking to the point that people are so frustrated they quit, then the team-stackers would get warned, kicked then banned if they don't stop immediately. The reputation of your server is not worth a thing if a handful of people are ruining it and soon no one will play there. Tell them to stop, if they don't get rid of them. They aren't worth the trouble and they will easily be replaced by new players if you have a decent server.

Good luck.

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 05-29-2013 at 00:33.
Smarmy
Old 06-04-2013 , 09:27   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1366

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
This plugin was designed specifically to deal with idiots like that. Unfortunately, the plugin is not supported and is way out of date.

This thread is to help people with this plugin and not for server advice, however, since I'm bothering to reply, I might as well give you some advice.

I've been running servers for 10 years. If it were my servers and those guys are team-stacking to the point that people are so frustrated they quit, then the team-stackers would get warned, kicked then banned if they don't stop immediately. The reputation of your server is not worth a thing if a handful of people are ruining it and soon no one will play there. Tell them to stop, if they don't get rid of them. They aren't worth the trouble and they will easily be replaced by new players if you have a decent server.

Good luck.
I second this advice.

Last edited by Smarmy; 06-04-2013 at 09:27.
Kris18
Old 06-29-2013 , 19:39   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1367

I installed this plugin and it's great! Except one thing.

I looked through all the configs and tried to find to no avail the option to disable only allowing one scramble per round. Usually, it would be good to restrict it to once per round--but not on a (team) deathmatch server which never completes a round.

Is there any way to disable this restriction? Thanks. =)
Sillium
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-01-2013 , 01:39   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1368

You would have to edit the plugin and remove "g_bScrambledThisRound".

www.unterwasserpyromanen.de
_david_
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-04-2013 , 09:42   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1369

* Fixed the deprecated warnings
* included the latest gameme include file to fix the gameme errors
* added a new convar "gs_onescrambleperround" to disable only allowing one scramble per round

gscrambleplugin.zip

Last edited by _david_; 07-04-2013 at 09:47.
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-04-2013 , 09:52   Re: [TF2] gScramble Team Balancer/Scrambler -- 3.0.13 8/20/12
Reply With Quote #1370

Quote:
Originally Posted by _david_ View Post
* Fixed the deprecated warnings
* included the latest gameme include file to fix the gameme errors
* added a new convar "gs_onescrambleperround " to disable only allowing one scramble per round
Is this, by any chance, something you plan to continue doing? I don't necessarily mean coding new features or the like--moreso fixing stuff when it breaks and/or possibly incorporating fixes other people write. The reason I ask is because, right now, even if someone forks the plugin and updates it like you did, it gets lost to the ages as people make replies, so I was thinking you might be interested in copying the opening post into a new thread & archiving this one, allowing us to have a thread that is actually updated from time to time with the latest changes

It's totally understandable if you're not interested, but I thought I'd mention it
Send a message via AIM to Atreus Send a message via MSN to Atreus