Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2Items - Items with custom attributes.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

noodleboy347
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-17-2010 , 22:43   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

Would be nice to get a tutorial on making presets and giving them with sm_giveweapon. I'm not quite sure what you meant when you posted that mini-tip.
olli
Old 02-17-2010 , 23:16   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

this works really well, but i only have one problem. my weapons have no ammo in the clip and won't reload, even if i go to the resupply cabinet. i didn't edit anyhing, i just copy and pasted all of the files.

is there a way to fix this?

EDIT: nvm, i figured out what i did wrong.

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 03-05-2010 at 05:00. Reason: don't edit out comments like this
noodleboy347
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-18-2010 , 00:17   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

Suggestion: similar to how you can set multiple SteamIDs, can you make it so we can set multiple items? Ie. "13 ; 18" is for both Scattergun and Rocket Launcher.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 02-18-2010 , 04:03   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawn 3-pg View Post
One problem: sm_giveweapon doesn't let you choose the player you are giving it to.
I haven't added the targeting code yet, that's what I meant by not finished yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawn 3-pg View Post
I tried creating a new weapon, right below the sword:
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodleboy347 View Post
Would be nice to get a tutorial on making presets and giving them with sm_giveweapon.
Yea, sorry about that, I forgot I get the item index from the command, really simple fix though .
Edit: Version with all the bells and whistles, ability to add custom weps, showactivity, logging, targeting.
I think you may have just helped towards fixing bug 18 though.

Quote:
EDIT: Nvm again, lol, just need to use sm plugins reload tf2item_manager.smx
tf2items_manager_reload

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersquare420 View Post
i cannot seem to get it to respect admin flags... the idea is every one with "c" flag gets the first set of guns, and everyone with the "o" flag gets the second set... its all commented and easy to understand, but it just gives the firsat set of guns to everyone regardless of their admin lvl... did i miss something silly here, or have i found a bug?...
I'll test it, and it might be a bug. Damizean wrote the manager plugin not me, so I don't know everything about how it functions yet.

Last edited by asherkin; 02-18-2010 at 16:25.
cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2010 , 17:05   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

update: it is respecting admin flags. it just doesnt work the way i coded it in the config... after fiddling with it for a while i got it to work... Great Update!!
Old 02-26-2010 , 17:39   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

so, i got this one player, who is right smack in the middle of all the involved confige (players on both sides of him working correctly) but he does not have access to his weps... i think one other person reported this a while ago but no one could recreate the bug so we all kinda let it go... well i have the bug... and i cannot see a reason for it... it works perfectly for every one else...
Old 02-28-2010 , 10:12   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

Quote:
Suggestion: similar to how you can set multiple SteamIDs, can you make it so we can set multiple items? Ie. "13 ; 18" is for both Scattergun and Rocket Launcher.
Or something like:

all ( "*" )
except "13 ; 18 ; ... "

Think it would be hard though
Old 02-28-2010 , 13:03   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerise View Post
Or something like:

all ( "*" )
except "13 ; 18 ; ... "

Think it would be hard though
Yeah this would be great.
jouva
Old 02-28-2010 , 14:58   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

Bad idea for "except", and here's why:

Some attributes will not only not work on certain weapons but may actually crash TF2 when applied. Those that DO work, however are simple ones such as add health, add ammo, etc, those will compile on with each weapon. So if you say "apply 15 additional health to all but jarate", everybody that isn't a sniper with jarate will have _45_ additional health, and the sniper with jarate will have 30 additional health.

With 52 weapons and very few attributes (that I can think of atleast) that this will make sense for w/o excepting a large amount of weapons anyway, I'd say don't do it. Too many people would complain or wonder why it's not "working properly", when in reality it is, but they'd be overlooking these issues.

Unless I'm completely wrong about this. Can somebody point out something that I myself might be overlooking?
Mnkras
Old 02-28-2010 , 20:04   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2Items

You can, kinda the plugin goes through the config file from top to bottom so you make a block with the * then after it you stick in the weapons that you want normal with their attributes