Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported

Post New Thread Reply   

corpsebandit
Old 05-02-2009 , 21:00   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.1.0)
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
As DJ Tsunami has said, my extension currently only loads dynamically so a plugin needs to request it first.

If the plugin is loaded (or I guess fails to load?) but the extension is not there, then the extension is not in the right spot. If the plugin is not loaded (and doing "sm plugins load l4dready" fails to open the file) then the plugin is not installed in the right place.
When I enter sm plugins load l4dready it says "[SM] Plugin l4dready.smx is already loaded." The extension is exactly where it needs to be--I've no need to lie about its location. But for whatever reason, ReadyUp still does not work, and the left4downtown extension is not listed on the sm exts list. To prove that your files are where the instructions said, I've right clicked it and will copy the location in the file properties: /68.232.172.155:27015/l4d/left4dead/addons/sourcemod/extensions/left4downtown.ext.dll. The left4downtown.ext.so is in the same folder. The only solution I'm getting is that the extension is in the wrong folder, but that's not the case. There has to be another reason why left4downtown extension isn't loading...
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 05-02-2009 , 23:24   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.1.0)
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpsebandit View Post
When I enter sm plugins load l4dready it says "[SM] Plugin l4dready.smx is already loaded." The extension is exactly where it needs to be--I've no need to lie about its location. But for whatever reason, ReadyUp still does not work, and the left4downtown extension is not listed on the sm exts list. To prove that your files are where the instructions said, I've right clicked it and will copy the location in the file properties: /68.232.172.155:27015/l4d/left4dead/addons/sourcemod/extensions/left4downtown.ext.dll. The left4downtown.ext.so is in the same folder. The only solution I'm getting is that the extension is in the wrong folder, but that's not the case. There has to be another reason why left4downtown extension isn't loading...
Look in your logs then, it probably says why it's not loading.
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 05-03-2009 , 04:24   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.1.0)
Reply With Quote #23

You still haven't posted your sm plugins list corpsebandit.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-05-2009 , 07:44   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.1.0)
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR Khat View Post
It could however get around the lobby lock. So might it perhaps be an idea to take a check so we can resolve this issue?
Are you going to attempt this?
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2009 , 14:04   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.1.0)
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Are you going to attempt this?
I don't understand the situation.. as we already discussed there is no SetGameType function. If the function was already there, then sure I could find it real fast and get a sigscan/native up for it, etc, etc.

But if there's not, then it sounds like you want the equivalent functionality of SetGameType.. in which case I would like to know: what is the benefit?

AFAIK we still have to restart the map for the new gametype to take hold, so it's just like joining the server via console except via a lobby. So what's the point really besides the obvious "we can unlock mp_gamemode cvar"?

Then my next question is, why not think about a more general way to force override locked CVARs, if such a thing were even possible? Maybe even on the flip side, lock CVARs ourselves..

Last edited by Downtown1; 05-05-2009 at 14:07.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-06-2009 , 16:22   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.1.0)
Reply With Quote #26

All I am looking to do is find a way to break the lock of mp_gamemode when joining from a lobby. removing cheats and developer does nothing from when I tried earlier. If you've found a way to make it so we are able to mess around with that CVAR at will even from a lobby connection then I implore you to share it please.
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-08-2009 , 05:34   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.1.0)
Reply With Quote #27

Bump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Dugan View Post
CBaseServer::ClearReservationStatus() (engine_i486.so)
Any chance of a command or something?
Veteran Member
Old 05-09-2009 , 13:36   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.1.0)
Reply With Quote #28

What are you trying to do exactly? I am making a separate extension that unlocks the player slots, so you could just do Coop or Survival etc with 8 players on there off the bat. Is there any other reason for why you would need to unlock mp_gamemode ?

Quote:
Bump.
Any chance of a command or something?
Any clue as to what that function does? What would it be used for?

Just to be clear I don't want to add any functionality that would be there just for the sake of having it, people would need to use it for a good reason for it to exist .
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-09-2009 , 14:36   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.1.0)
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
What are you trying to do exactly? I am making a separate extension that unlocks the player slots, so you could just do Coop or Survival etc with 8 players on there off the bat. Is there any other reason for why you would need to unlock mp_gamemode ?

Any clue as to what that function does? What would it be used for?

Just to be clear I don't want to add any functionality that would be there just for the sake of having it, people would need to use it for a good reason for it to exist .
When a person joins from a non-full lobby it locks the remaining slots on the server because they are "Reserved for the lobby" preventing people from joining even those they invite. It also breaks being able to change game-modes, being able to force this to something specific would be nice.
Old 05-12-2009 , 22:15   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.1.0)
Reply With Quote #30

Im getting this error when I load this plugin... I have tried and tried and I just dont understand this... Please help with any knowledge possible as my team is counting on this plugin.

Code:
[06] <FAILED> file "left4downtown.ext.so": Could not find interface: ISourceMod