Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported

Post New Thread Reply   

pAter
Old 06-07-2009 , 11:03   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.2) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #121

My other question...
If I start the game with 2 or 3 friends only, will random people join if I don't start the game from lobby? We played for almost an hour and no one seemed to join....
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 06-10-2009 , 21:03   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #122

0.3.0 released
  • new forwards: OnSpawnTank, OnSpawnWitch, OnClearTeamScores, OnSetCampaignScores
  • new natives: GetCampaignScores, LobbyUnreserve, LobbyIsReserved

Okay, so here's the deal here. CBaseServer::ClearReservationStatus() didn't actually do anything, so that's why I didn't bother adding lobby unreserve support earlier (I mean I could've included the native for laughs, but why?). Instead if you want to unreserve the server use the L4D_LobbyUnreserve() native. For all other natives/forwards functionalities look at l4do_test.sp for how to use it.

This means people will be able to connect the first 8 players from the lobby, unreserve, and then the rest can connect from console, filling it up to 18!

I wrote a simple basic plugin to demonstrate the unreserve functionality, it is available at http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=94415 and it will automatically remove lobby reservations once the server fills up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRKhat
When you launch from a lobby you will be seekable via the lobby system but only for your first 8 slots. After that people will need to join you or the server directly

Last edited by Downtown1; 06-11-2009 at 03:58.
madcap
Old 06-11-2009 , 08:25   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #123

Thanks for the neat natives and forwards, the more stuff we have access to the more cool things we can do.

I haven't been following this thread very closely but some of these functions sound handy. Am I correct in my understanding that if I return Pl_Handled from L4D_OnClearTeamScores that scores will not be updated? So this way I could keep every at 0 to 0 for the whole game?
Number Six
Old 06-11-2009 , 19:09   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
0.3.0 released
  • new forwards: OnSpawnTank, OnSpawnWitch, OnClearTeamScores, OnSetCampaignScores
  • new natives: GetCampaignScores, LobbyUnreserve, LobbyIsReserved
Okay, so here's the deal here. CBaseServer::ClearReservationStatus() didn't actually do anything, so that's why I didn't bother adding lobby unreserve support earlier (I mean I could've included the native for laughs, but why?). Instead if you want to unreserve the server use the L4D_LobbyUnreserve() native. For all other natives/forwards functionalities look at l4do_test.sp for how to use it.

This means people will be able to connect the first 8 players from the lobby, unreserve, and then the rest can connect from console, filling it up to 18!

I wrote a simple basic plugin to demonstrate the unreserve functionality, it is available at http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=94415 and it will automatically remove lobby reservations once the server fills up.
Right , for first ^^ .
Now need a system with the lobby look 7/8 permanant if l4d_maxplayers xx not exceed !
Lobby work to fill for the server full .
And finaly perfect , just in that conditions

Ps: You think , it's possible resolve this issue with the futur sdk ?

Last edited by Number Six; 06-11-2009 at 19:16.
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-12-2009 , 02:16   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #125

So, 18 is the max amount of people it can have? I've seen a 10v10 server out there..I guess it's not using this extension.
EpicFailGames
Old 06-12-2009 , 12:29   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
So, 18 is the max amount of people it can have? I've seen a 10v10 server out there..I guess it's not using this extension.

I believe 10vs10 is possible using l4dtoolz on a windows based server. I am not sure if that is the full/accurate name, but I have seen it in various places...

Left 4 Downtown works very well with superversus, I have my server at 16 people for 8vs8... with a max possible of 9vs9 or 18 total people.
Old 06-13-2009 , 00:19   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap View Post
Thanks for the neat natives and forwards, the more stuff we have access to the more cool things we can do.

I haven't been following this thread very closely but some of these functions sound handy. Am I correct in my understanding that if I return Pl_Handled from L4D_OnClearTeamScores that scores will not be updated? So this way I could keep every at 0 to 0 for the whole game?
Mmm, nope you need L4D_OnSetCampaignScores and then set scoreA=0, scoreB=0 OR return Plugin_Handled. Blocking OnClearTeamScores will just block clearing the team scores.. which probably means you will have round 2 scores from the previous map carry over until round 2 starts.

That is if I am correct in understanding you want the campaign scores to always be 0 at the end of a map?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number Six View Post
Right , for first ^^ .
Now need a system with the lobby look 7/8 permanant if l4d_maxplayers xx not exceed !
Lobby work to fill for the server full .
And finaly perfect , just in that conditions

Ps: You think , it's possible resolve this issue with the futur sdk ?
Lobby itself is client-side afaik, would be hard to trick it into displaying 7/8 since Sourcemod is server-side. I suggest using group servers, they correctly report the maximum player value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
One thing at a time, I already know how to get it above 18 but gotta make a release sometime right?
psykeman420
Old 06-13-2009 , 09:48   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #128

aweome update downtown, my 7v7 server has never ran so well, thanks for the update. finally being able to complete finales and have tank spawns working correctly is so nice.
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2009 , 03:16   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #129

Just a heads up, I fixed my L4D Score/team Manager to support teams with more than 4 players. Now unscrambling, etc, should work just fine.

Also if anyone wants to look at an actual situation where my new forwards are getting used, also look at that plugin. I use everything except OnTankSpawn/OnWitchSpawn there (those are used in my l4d ready-up 0.16.2 to block the spawns).
froggz19
Old 06-15-2009 , 17:29   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.3.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #130

hmm something wrong? can't set maxplayers to 8! 9,10,11,12..etc working :/ tryed in survival mode