Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Can't locate Syntax/Keyword/Try.pm

Post New Thread Reply   

Spiritfarer
Old 06-19-2022 , 17:19   Can't locate Syntax/Keyword/Try.pm
Reply With Quote #1

Hi There,

I have searched for a while now for people having this issue and was unable to find anything so I am going to post here. My apologies if this has been resolved already, I just couldn't find it.

I have followed the guide step by step, everything seems to have gone fine. I am using a cpanel through my hosting company to set everything up. They have opened Port 27500 for me as well (incoming & outgoing). Also they have enabled the DBi Module ( I think i saw that was required on another thread)

Cron appears to be working and starting the Daemon successfully on port 27500 and has been emailing me every 5 minutes since yesterday to tell me so. Although when I check my stats website it would appear that it is not connecting to my HL Server it just shows 0/0 no players, I have added my hosting's ip and port in the correct format in the server.cfg, so it's not that.

When I look in my logs folder inside the perl folder I am receiving the following error.

Can't locate Syntax/Keyword/Try.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /home/myhosting/perl//HLstats_Server.pm line 41.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/myhosting/perl//HLstats_Server.pm line 41.
Compilation failed in require at ./hlstats.pl line 74.

I have tried searching for this Try.pm and I can't find anything I was hoping that someone may be able to advise.

Any help would be appreciated on this.
Fragenstein
Old 06-28-2022 , 13:29   Re: Can't locate Syntax/Keyword/Try.pm
Reply With Quote #2

You might want to post this issue at cPanel Forums
Old 10-30-2022 , 12:46   Re: Can't locate Syntax/Keyword/Try.pm
Reply With Quote #3

Spiritfarer: If this problem is still actual, don't try to look for Try.pm, there is no such file. This means the perl installation missing module needed for proper run hlstats. Ask them for install this module via -> type "sudo cpan" (without quotes) in bash, it will switch you to another shell, then install this perl module by typing "install Syntax::Keyword::Try" (without quotes).