Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[REQ] [TF2] Need help with attributes/mechanics for HUGE community update

Post New Thread Reply   

crafting
Old 04-13-2018 , 14:57   [REQ] [TF2] Need help with attributes/mechanics for HUGE community update
Reply With Quote #1

We plan to do a nearly complete overhaul for most of the official weapons. My group have took over 40 hours talking and fine tuning along with community response. I would consider the total amount of changes (as in, vanilla and custom-made attributes) that we are aiming to do would rival in size some of TF2's largest official updates. The main idea of this update is to help certain weapons do their job better, plus other weapons to be more fun to use!

Feel free to check out our public spreadsheet to see what we have planned. Mostly to see if you like our ideas.....
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...LGuZyjbvMqD_8/

If you liked what you saw, please message me about seeing the to-do list spreadsheet (which is a more simple list that separates the vanilla and custom-made attributes). There are currently 165+ attributes/mechanics that need to be made. Even if you don't have the time, anyone who has the knowledge can add notes on the to-do list spreadsheet, so at least someone else would have a better idea how to accomplish what needs to be done.

I do have a limit on what I am aiming to pay for this update all together, so even with that note please message me if you are interested!

EDIT: 08/01/18
Our update is out! I am no longer looking for help.

Last edited by crafting; 08-04-2018 at 23:11.
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2018 , 13:18   Re: [REQ] [TF2] Need help with attributes/mechanics for HUGE community update
Reply With Quote #2

I've been onboarded on this project; here's a thinly-veiled bump and some further details for the potentially interested:
  • No knowledge required of the Custom Weapons API (any variation). No custom forwards are provided; these can be fully standalone plugins.
  • TF2Attribute knowledge recommended, but there's some mods that don't touch attributes at all (i.e., do X when Y happens if Z weapon is equipped, and Y can already be tracked by some existing forwards / hooks). As long as you have some knowledge of TF2 weapon entities and hooks in general, you can probably do some work here.
  • I've written notes / difficulties down for some of the required modifications. Crafting's written down notes for others. Most use some basic hook. Some require DHooks / SDKCalls. At least one requires a game rules detour, and therefore an extension.
  • I've done 15 of these so far. Send help.

Last edited by nosoop; 04-17-2018 at 13:20.
crafting
Old 05-19-2018 , 15:16   Re: [REQ] [TF2] Need help with attributes/mechanics for HUGE community update
Reply With Quote #3

So I wanted to give an update on this project. Thanks to "nosoop", we are slightly more than 50% done but what's mostly left is the medium to hard difficulty (based on nosoop's opinion).

Feel free to check out the to-do list to see what has been made and what's left to go. Please message me about contributing to this project. Even if you don't have the time, feel free to add notes so at least someone else would have a better idea how to accomplish what needs to be done. (You will get paid for your help even if for information.)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...MtCPhLJLETbwQ/

Btw, there are 3 tabs at the bottom of the sheet that give information about the overall progress.

Last edited by crafting; 05-23-2018 at 11:47.
crafting
Old 06-14-2018 , 12:13   Re: [REQ] [TF2] Need help with attributes/mechanics for HUGE community update
Reply With Quote #4

Heyo, I just wanted to give another update about this... update (get it? Jokes...)

Anyway, thanks again to "nosoop", we are slightly more than 70% done but what's mostly left is the medium to hard difficulty (based on nosoop's opinion).

We would appetite any form of help (either direct coding or just notes on how a certain mechanic could be handled). Reminder, this project is a paid work, but sadly it won't be much due to the budget and how much has to be made.

If you would like to check out our coding to-do list, the link is below.....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...MtCPhLJLETbwQ/

EDIT: 08/01/18
Our update is out! I am no longer looking for help.

Last edited by crafting; 08-04-2018 at 23:10.