Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D] Zombie Havoc

Post New Thread Reply   

Dragonshadow
BANNED
Old 09-24-2009 , 08:44   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #101

Why do you keep changing the convars? Do like we other l4d coders do and l4d_zh_stuffs :p
Bigbuck
Old 09-24-2009 , 14:44   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #102

@AKCoyote
I will fix those errors and post and update the OP. It will also be on the changelog for 1.3.2. Not sure what the dedicated server not found means, but I will look into it. Maxplayers set to 18 always shows up and I think its because it hasn't read the server.cfg or any other .cfg files yet. If it still sets your server to the correct amount, say 8, then just ignore it.
@Titan
sm_l4d_survivor limit is the number you want to start out with, sm_l4d_human_survivor_limit is just the max number of humans allowed. Set sm_l4d_survivor_limit 4 and sm_l4d_human_survivor_limit 8. Yes, sm_human_survivor_limit is a new CVAR.
@DragonShadow
I was unsure if there was a standardized way of naming CVAR's while trying to keep them from being long so I opted for sm_l4d_. I suppose you are correct in saying that they should be sm_l4d_zh, which would indicate that it is a SourceMod CVAR for Left 4 Dead and the Zombie Havoc plugin. I think I will change it to that and leave it alone for good. Sorry for changing them around so much, just like I said I was unsure as to how they should be so I did whatever felt right at the time.

Last edited by Bigbuck; 09-24-2009 at 14:54.
titan_rw
Old 09-24-2009 , 16:31   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbuck View Post
@Titan
sm_l4d_survivor limit is the number you want to start out with, sm_l4d_human_survivor_limit is just the max number of humans allowed. Set sm_l4d_survivor_limit 4 and sm_l4d_human_survivor_limit 8.
I have them set that way as per post #98. The survivor team does not show as full after a "sm_jointeam", but clicking on it does nothing, not even dismissing the dialog.
AKCoyote
Old 09-24-2009 , 17:47   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #104

Hey, quick question...if I only want a 6 person co-op game, do I still need to install Left4Downtown? I have an 8 slot server.

Last edited by AKCoyote; 09-24-2009 at 18:02. Reason: added information
Bigbuck
Old 09-24-2009 , 18:08   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #105

I changed it up a little bit tonight but after a week of school I can't even think straight . Hopefully I will have an updated version for you guys early next week.
@AKCoyote
Anything over the normal 4 players requires Left4Downtown I believe. The whole lobby reservation confuses me to be honest and I leave that cvar at 0.
leonil7
BANNED
Old 09-25-2009 , 07:22   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #106

hi BB, just to late u know ur plugin seems to work in 12 players.

i just replace the 8.0 values in ur code to 12 and compiled it.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/89.238.163.184:28011/

i set the lobby reservation to 1 , since im using the downtown plugin. seems to be working fine.
Send a message via ICQ to leonil7 Send a message via AIM to leonil7 Send a message via Yahoo to leonil7 Send a message via Skype™ to leonil7
Bigbuck
Old 09-25-2009 , 09:19   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #107

That's good to know, thanks leon. I capped it at 8 since I figured there would be problems with having that many survivors.
titan_rw
Old 09-25-2009 , 15:54   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #108

With superversus, I've set survivor limit as high as 16, with appropriate -maxplayers of course. Then "sb_add", and there was me and 15 other bots. It did bump the cpu usage on the server a bit, but worked fine otherwise.
brokenguns25
Old 09-26-2009 , 15:35   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #109

How do I get this working when I host local? I tried everything. 95% of the people that try to connect can't because of some error.
Bigbuck
Old 09-26-2009 , 17:43   Re: [L4D] Zombie Havoc
Reply With Quote #110

Do you mean hosting a dedicated server on your machine or through the lobby system? If you are hosting it on your PC, you need to make sure you give them your external IP and see if they can connect that way. You will have to give more information that "because of some error". Check your logs and post the file if anything doesn't seem right.