Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Registration System 1.3 2019 - Fvault

Post New Thread Reply   

Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 12-29-2014 , 17:23   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #31

First rule about a Steam-Account: "Sharing is not recommended for various reasons".
Second one is: "Never ever give your account to someone else, you will never know what he might does with it."
I remember very good al those kids that came to steambans "my brother/sister/dog/bird used my account for cheating, unban me!"
Your point is invalid as it is simply stupid to share a steam-account.
You want to register a nickname to a single person? Link it to his STEAM-ID.
I can use my account on EVERY computer. There is ABSOLUT NO valid reason to use anotherones account.
I don't know in which country you live, but AM HAS to care about the content in this forums. The first reason is that the page could simply be CLOSED if they don't force the DMCA rules to be followed. Is this somehow acceptable for you?
Another rule here is that plugins have to be USEFULL to be posted/approved/used here.
How can a plugin that has no REAL use on a steam server follow these rules?
Answere yourself the question, i'm pretty sure you won't come to another conclusion.

Oh, and BTW, i only call those no-steamers that i'm convinced by proof that they are no-steamers.

Lycode
Old 12-29-2014 , 17:54   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
First rule about a Steam-Account: "Sharing is not recommended for various reasons".
Second one is: "Never ever give your account to someone else, you will never know what he might does with it."
I remember very good al those kids that came to steambans "my brother/sister/dog/bird used my account for cheating, unban me!"
Your point is invalid as it is simply stupid to share a steam-account.
You want to register a nickname to a single person? Link it to his STEAM-ID.
I can use my account on EVERY computer. There is ABSOLUT NO valid reason to use anotherones account.
I don't know in which country you live, but AM HAS to care about the content in this forums. The first reason is that the page could simply be CLOSED if they don't force the DMCA rules to be followed. Is this somehow acceptable for you?
Another rule here is that plugins have to be USEFULL to be posted/approved/used here.
How can a plugin that has no REAL use on a steam server follow these rules?
Answere yourself the question, i'm pretty sure you won't come to another conclusion.

Oh, and BTW, i only call those no-steamers that i'm convinced by proof that they are no-steamers.
Do not put words in my mouth. I never said DMCA or any copyright laws should not be followed. A plugin like this can easily be useful as I outlined in my previous post, which you ignored and only focused on some of the points.

When I use my friend's PC, I'll most likely use his account rather than mine. Even if I'm sharing with "online friends", just because you think sharing is not a good thing or it's stupid, does not mean no one should do it. If I'm sharing one account with my brother, each of us can have his own stats even if the server chooses to block steam account sharing as it can easily be used to bypass steamid bans. Not to mention when playing in an internet Cafe, I'll use the cafe steam assigned cafe account. ..etc
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 12-29-2014 , 18:11   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycode View Post
When I use my friend's PC, I'll most likely use his account rather than mine. Even if I'm sharing with "online friends", just because you think sharing is not a good thing or it's stupid, does not mean no one should do it. If I'm sharing one account with my brother, each of us can have his own stats even if the server chooses to block steam account sharing as it can easily be used to bypass steamid bans. Not to mention when playing in an internet Cafe, I'll use the cafe steam assigned cafe account. ..etc
Sharing accounts is a violation of the Steam EULA (Family Sharing a game does not share the SteamID as well, ejust the license to play the game) and is something that is advised against by many security companies (in general, not just for Steam). Cafe Accounts follow a different EULA and are allowed to be shared only within the facility they are assigned to.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 12-30-2014 , 06:02   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #34

What's your problem with my plugins ? FYI some of them are using orpheu/okapi with the signatures from the latest hlds version so there are good chances that they won't work in cracked/old servers.
Old 01-01-2015 , 16:49   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #35

fvault error when im trying to compile
zmd94
Veteran Member
Old 01-01-2015 , 20:46   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #36

What are the errors?

By the way, do you have fvault.inc file in your include folder?
luciaus18
Old 01-01-2015 , 21:12   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #37

no i dont have..i think this is the problem, ty
simanovich
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-02-2015 , 08:28   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstabnoob View Post
Can you provide a reason as of why would this be useful on a Steam server? What's the problem with attaching a nick name directly to a Steam ID (which is unique and doesn't change) instead of password? Non-steam servers are not supported here and therefore plugins that serve no purpose on official servers are unnecessary clutter.
There isn't.

That's why m0skVi4a's register system got unapproved.
Old 01-02-2015 , 12:43   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #39

Can it be used instead of authid ?
I mean like if i save something through fvault/vault/sql doesn't really matter can i some how save it on the ID ?
Old 01-03-2015 , 19:07   Re: Registration System
Reply With Quote #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by simanovich View Post
There isn't.

That's why m0skVi4a's register system got unapproved.
I know, I'm the one who unapproved it. That's why I'm asking this question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycode
It's sad how these days people are worried about if a plugin can be used in a nonsteam server or not. AM has gone from people who cared more about open source and didn't support nonsteam only due to it's nature and the fact that it breaks copyright laws, to assholes who think they look good when they call everyone a nonsteamer and claim every plugin that could also be used in nonsteam servers as a plugin meant for nonsteam servers and in general questioning the intent of everyone as if they're guilty until proven innocent.
You're taking this a bit too far. I don't care if a plugin CAN be used on a non-steam server, I actually have absolutely no problems with non-steam servers personally. Heck, I even had some personally when I started with amxmodx. What cannot slip through, though, is a plugin that serves its real purpose ONLY on a non-steam server, which this one is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycode
The matter of fact is, this plugin can be used for many reasons, from enabling people to use their friends accounts and protecting their name regardless of the account they use, to giving the possibility to allow people to share stats based on name alone. For example a clan could all use the name "Clan Name" and rank up their clan as they share the password. That could be used for events, say highest ranked clan wins something. That might seem pointless to some, but so are most of HamletEagle's plugins, yet I don't see him complaining there.
What you provided is cool and all, but there are obviously better methods to create a plugin for clan name reservations and as it's been said already, sharing your account is illegal anyway.