[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Zombies (1.27) [19-Feb-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 12-03-2023 , 07:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Zombies (1.27) [19-Feb-2023]
Reply With Quote #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munch View Post
Is it possible to have only mutant zombies(all Zs are mutants). I thought I saw a version a while back.
Set the "limit" and "random" values in the data config. Increase limit, set random to 1.
Old 12-26-2023 , 21:30   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Zombies (1.27) [19-Feb-2023]
Reply With Quote #142

I still can't get this to work after all these years. I keep coming back to this in order to try to get it to work but it still doesn't. I have sourcemod, l4dtools, l4dhooks, metamod, all the big ones, is there something I need to get this to work? This mod is the reason I finally switched from xbox to pc. I have a new computer now, and while I have no issue getting other plugins to work, such as sprinting, ledge release, gear transfer, incap crawling, and many more, I have never been able to see these mutants in game. I even fresh installed and removed all other plugins and mods. I can't tell you how disheartening it is to boot up the game time and time again only to see that whatever I just tried yet again failed to fix the issue. Seeing so many people in these comments saying it works perfectly for them, meanwhile I have no idea why it isn't working for me.

I just reinstalled l4d2 on this new pc, and was disappointed yet again when I couldn't see mutants in-game. I'm still happy about the switch, lots of amazing custom campaigns, but the sole reason I finally made the switch was this mod and getting it to function still eludes me. Shoot, after lurking for a long time, this is the mod that made me create an account here just so I could comment on this thread. I just don't get it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or how to make this work or what I'm missing. The smx and cfg are in the right places, though I did try moving the cfg around to see if that would work. I'd give nearly anything to finally play with this mod. I'd even give up Journey to Splash Mountain and my bot ai improvement mods to play with this. If anyone can help me, I'd be deeply appreciative.

Last edited by AcidDome; 12-26-2023 at 21:33.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 12-27-2023 , 06:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Zombies (1.27) [19-Feb-2023]
Reply With Quote #143

I sent a PM, if you have discord add me.

The data config provided should be in sourcemod/data folder. Otherwise maybe that could break it. Have you checked sourcemod/logs folder for errors related to this plugin? Try some of the commands to spawn mutants and see if that works. If they reply "unknown command" then it isn't working. There are no extra dependencies or requirements for the plugin to work, maybe they don't spawn often enough to see them, although I'm sure you would have seen them. Need to verify the plugin is actually running, you could check the "sm plugins list" to see if it's working or errors reported.
Old 12-30-2023 , 12:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mutant Zombies (1.27) [19-Feb-2023]
Reply With Quote #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidDome View Post
I still can't get this to work after all these years. I keep coming back to this in order to try to get it to work but it still doesn't. I have sourcemod, l4dtools, l4dhooks, metamod, all the big ones, is there something I need to get this to work? This mod is the reason I finally switched from xbox to pc. I have a new computer now, and while I have no issue getting other plugins to work, such as sprinting, ledge release, gear transfer, incap crawling, and many more, I have never been able to see these mutants in game. I even fresh installed and removed all other plugins and mods. I can't tell you how disheartening it is to boot up the game time and time again only to see that whatever I just tried yet again failed to fix the issue. Seeing so many people in these comments saying it works perfectly for them, meanwhile I have no idea why it isn't working for me.

I just reinstalled l4d2 on this new pc, and was disappointed yet again when I couldn't see mutants in-game. I'm still happy about the switch, lots of amazing custom campaigns, but the sole reason I finally made the switch was this mod and getting it to function still eludes me. Shoot, after lurking for a long time, this is the mod that made me create an account here just so I could comment on this thread. I just don't get it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong or how to make this work or what I'm missing. The smx and cfg are in the right places, though I did try moving the cfg around to see if that would work. I'd give nearly anything to finally play with this mod. I'd even give up Journey to Splash Mountain and my bot ai improvement mods to play with this. If anyone can help me, I'd be deeply appreciative.
still works

https://imgur.com/sir4AJO
https://imgur.com/FucAhfU

Quote:
Listen server
sourcemod-1.11.0-git6952-windows
mmsource-1.11.0-git1153-windows