Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

What was your route to find AMXX?

Post New Thread Reply   

narcussist
Old 08-22-2004 , 03:48   What was your route to find AMXX?
Reply With Quote #1

I am not sure if this has been started yet so i am going to start it if it wasnt, i search and came up with 49 pages, me being lazy i wasnt going threw all 49 pages so here i go

I originally started off with AM used it for 2-7 days somewhere in there, i wasnt real thrilled with it, so i searched google for hl admin plugins. see a link for amx so i got it and tried it amx 0.9.3, i was real happy with it, so i used that for awhile, while server hopping and found a server running 0.9.4, so i got that and used it for a longer time.

Then i started to play DOD as my main game completely dropping CS.

Around April of this year (2004) i was with a clan called ]KAN[ and they had a link to AMXX on thier site, so i clicked it and came here, got the module, and tried it, for about the first week i wasnt sure if i liked it or not, so i was using amx 0.9.4 and amxx.

I started messing around with it alil more, and upgraded my amx to 0.9.8. so at this point i was using 0.9.8 and 0.16.

Started messing around with amxx and realized how much better it was ease of use, cleanliness of the folder situation and completely droped amx and moved to just amxx. Been here ever since. Now if i use amx it is just for cetain plugins to test out to see what i would like to have ported over, but with the recent upgrade of amx to 0.9.9 and it not being able to keep a dod server running, i need something to handle 2 32 man servers and AMXX is the route to go.

So here is my story on my route to why i am using amxx and how i found it.
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2004 , 04:06  
Reply With Quote #2

ok i started with adminmod used it forever as i remember
had alot of complaints about not using amxmod and was told that servers
without amx was gay so i banned alot of them and searched the amx thing
found it of course and head over there to see what gives... i did some testing and i liked it because of the plugins but was to used to adminmod and my bindings, so after a while of amxmod i returned to admin again
1 maybe 2 weeks...
evetually one of the days in OZforums were i was minding my bussiness looking for solution giving support i noticed Peli and Girthesniper talking about it and i believe that Girthesniper actually recommended it in a PM
because of the amxmod, adminmod, server.cfg help links i had in my signature were he told me if i havent heard about amxmodx, i still use adminmod, 'i really do' all my admins uses amxmodx and prefers amxmodx because of all the available features and plugins
thats my path to amxmodx.
Peli
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2004 , 04:33  
Reply With Quote #3

I used Adminmod when I first started , then I was like "man this thing is hard to install" , so I left and found Amx , and it was easier to install. Then when I started to make plugins for Amx , I searched on google and found Amxx and the site was starting out and I saw that it was going to be good so I signed up on the forum.
Send a message via MSN to Peli
SirTiger
Old 08-22-2004 , 08:13  
Reply With Quote #4

Tbh honest when alot people switched our clanserver kept using AdminMod. I didnt like AMX because it wasnt an all-in-the-box solution, it needed ALOT custom stuff, and its kinda vague. Also the admins were used to the current plugins and adminmod_
I really like AdminMod and I still do, even with it's lack of capacities

When Deags released his Map vote plugin, I decided to take the switch and since then we never switched back. A long time after that we switched to AMXX too because some guy called QwertyAccess said it has major performance improvements. Tbh they were a bit hard to notice for me under Linux but I started liking AMXX, and now I cant live without it. The features, the community everything.

I disagree AdminMod being hard to install btw, it has a perfect installer for both linux and windows.
johnjg75
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2004 , 08:19  
Reply With Quote #5

I wound up at metamod searching for adminmod somehow and looked at other mm plugins n checked them out. I heard of AMX n i checked it out. Right off the bat i knew it was better than AdminMod. I got my own server and got plugins. I was actually kinda pissed that they made a AMXx but that was when i didnt know anything . Now that i script, AMXx is way better and is a better community even though its not as popular as AMX somehow. I wound up here and been here ever since .
Zero Posts
Old 08-22-2004 , 08:30   negro please
Reply With Quote #6

lol
Dicope
Old 08-22-2004 , 10:03  
Reply With Quote #7

i started with metamod and the looked up the mm plugin list. then i found the german clanmod - installed, and was happy after cm i used sm. then i found amx and let them run together (mm + cm + sm + cm +amx). after a crash, i had to reinstall the server. someone told me, that amx covers all functions of cm and sm so i used amx only. someone posted a link to amxx in the amx forums and because i liked the longer name i used amxx.
SniperBeamer
AMX Mod X Founder
Old 08-22-2004 , 10:50  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicope
and because i liked the longer name i used amxx.
you will be much more happy soon because our new name will be "Half-Life AMXX Mod XXL Turtle Edition"
Old 08-22-2004 , 11:07  
Reply With Quote #9

Turtle edition?
Feh. Turtles pwn ^^

I was sort of part of the original team that searched the SDK and made AM. I helped with a lot of projects back then, but metamod was really just a work of art, and AM really pwned everything else out there. I left due to...disagreements, but made a lot of good plugins for AM, then went to AMX, liking its extensive abilities. I was sort of lazy tho, and never made a lot of released plugins, or modules, but I did like it. I saw a few servers that asskicker put plugins on, and saw AMXX, and decided "Hey, I could probably post plugins on AMX and AMXX, and get a lot more publicity"

So, yeah. I run all three at the same time on my 23 servers. I wrote a plugin to make sure they wouldnt overlap, and its really a lot easier to split admins between three systems then one or two,a nd divide them by levels.

I dont really think AMX/AMXX are any EASIER to use then AM, but they do have more features, and in the future, maybe AMXX will pull ahead ^^
Old 08-22-2004 , 11:47  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperBeamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicope
and because i liked the longer name i used amxx.
you will be much more happy soon because our new name will be "Half-Life AMXX Mod XXL Turtle Edition"
no... i'll wait for hl2 and css cause it will be called "Half-Life two and Counter-Strike: Source AMXX Special metamod replacing mod XXL Turtle Edition"