8% 

Debugging: SDK throws a bunch of errors

Post New Thread Reply   

Chrisber
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-27-2010 , 05:31   Debugging: SDK throws a bunch of errors
Reply With Quote #1

Hey,
today I firstly tried to debug my plugin with the integrated debugger from Visual Studio because I don't want to add a console message to everyline (this is a more simple way to debug if you know in which part your problem is).
But now I don't have any idea where the problem is, so I started to create a "debug" solution.

For that, I looked at http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Metamod:S...ment#Compiling and compared all project settings with the SourceMM sample-project in debug mode and also with those from SourceMod in debug mode. But anyway, the SDK throws thousans of errors and I don't know why...

Of course I use the cleaned SDKs from hg.alliedmods.net

Here are the first 16 errors, but I don't think that they help:
Code:
1>d:\testdebug\sdks\orangebox valve\game\server\variant_t.h(35) : error C2143: Syntaxfehler: Es fehlt ';' vor '<'
1>d:\testdebug\sdks\orangebox valve\game\server\variant_t.h(35) : error C4430: Fehlender Typspezifizierer - int wird angenommen. Hinweis: "default-int" wird von C++ nicht unterstützt.
1>d:\testdebug\sdks\orangebox valve\game\server\variant_t.h(35) : error C2238: Unerwartete(s) Token vor ';'
1>d:\testdebug\sdks\orangebox valve\game\server\variant_t.h(49) : error C4430: Fehlender Typspezifizierer - int wird angenommen. Hinweis: "default-int" wird von C++ nicht unterstützt.
1>d:\testdebug\sdks\orangebox valve\game\server\variant_t.h(49) : error C2143: Syntaxfehler: Es fehlt ';' vor '<'
1>d:\testdebug\sdks\orangebox valve\game\server\variant_t.h(49) : error C2433: 'variant_t::CHandle': 'inline' bei der Deklaration von Daten nicht zulässig
1>d:\testdebug\sdks\orangebox valve\game\server\variant_t.h(49) : error C2238: Unerwartete(s) Token vor ';'
1>d:\testdebug\sdks\orangebox valve\game\server\variant_t.h(42) : error C2758: 'variant_t::CHandle': muss in der Basisklassen/Element-Initialisierungsliste des Konstruktors initialisiert werden
1>        d:\testdebug\sdks\orangebox valve\game\server\variant_t.h(49): Siehe Deklaration von 'variant_t::CHandle'
1>d:\testdebug\sdks\orangebox valve\game\server\variant_t.h(111) : error C4430: Fehlender Typspezifizierer - int wird angenommen. Hinweis: "default-int" wird von C++ nicht unterstützt.
1>d:\testdebug\sdks\orangebox valve\game\server\variant_t.h(111) : error C2143: Syntaxfehler: Es fehlt ';' vor '<'
1>d:\testdebug\sdks\orangebox valve\game\server\variant_t.h(111) : error C2433: 'CHandle': 'inline' bei der Deklaration von Daten nicht zulässig
1>d:\testdebug\sdks\orangebox valve\game\server\variant_t.h(111) : error C2039: 'Entity': Ist kein Element von 'variant_t'
1>        d:\testdebug\sdks\orangebox valve\game\server\variant_t.h(25): Siehe Deklaration von 'variant_t'
1>d:\testdebug\sdks\orangebox valve\game\server\variant_t.h(112) : error C2143: Syntaxfehler: Es fehlt ';' vor '{'
1>d:\testdebug\sdks\orangebox valve\game\server\variant_t.h(112) : error C2447: '{': Funktionsheader fehlt - Parameterliste im alten Stil?
Edit: I think this only comes if I set the project from "Multithreaded" to "Multithreaded-Debug".

Thanks for help!

Last edited by Chrisber; 11-27-2010 at 05:36.
PM
hello, i am pm
Old 11-28-2010 , 10:22   Re: Debugging: SDK throws a bunch of errors
Reply With Quote #2

Hmmm first thing coming to mind would be making sure that you use all include directories which you normally use

Do you normally compile using VC++ or GCC/MinGW?
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-28-2010 , 17:29   Re: Debugging: SDK throws a bunch of errors
Reply With Quote #3

Hey, I copied the project settings from Release mode and checked the directories, they are correct.
I'm using VS 2008!