Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Bug incapacitated 64000 hp?

Post New Thread Reply   

Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-17-2022 , 21:14   Re: [L4D2] Bug incapacitated 64000 hp?
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan0s View Post
Try using this plugin.
You can't post plugins without the source. Please upload the source next time. I've removed the plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurauwu View Post
Code:
"[L4D & L4D2] No Friendly-fire" (9.5) by Psyk0tik
 "[L4D2] Incapped Crawling with Animation" (2.8) by SilverShot, mod by Lux
 "[L4D1 AND L4D2] HP Tank Multiplier" (1.0.0) by Ernecio (Satanael)
 "[L4D & L4D2] Incapped Weapons Patch" (1.13) by SilverShot
 "L4D2 Tank-on-fire Speed Booster" (1.1) by DarkNoghri && Dirka_Dirka
None of these plugins would be causing this except an issue with "HP Tank Multiplier" itself, or maybe you have something else changing the HP you don't know of.

Last edited by Silvers; 03-17-2022 at 21:14.
laurauwu
Old 03-17-2022 , 21:32   Re: [L4D2] Bug incapacitated 64000 hp?
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
You can't post plugins without the source. Please upload the source next time. I've removed the plugin.

None of these plugins would be causing this except an issue with "HP Tank Multiplier" itself, or maybe you have something else changing the HP you don't know of.
worse than I'm trying to find it, but I can't see anything wrong, I'm going to run out of the "tank hp multiplier" for a while and see if it happens again, other than that I can use some code to set the maximum hp of the disabled to default 300? would that solve? I don't know if this is possible, I don't know how to do this, otherwise I would have already done it, I really tried hard to look for something that could cause this, I searched all the plugins and I didn't find anything abnormal, no plugin that has any modification in life: (
Shao
Old 03-22-2022 , 23:40   Re: [L4D2] Bug incapacitated 64000 hp?
Reply With Quote #13

HP is wrongly attributed to players, superversus has that bug as well occasionally. balancer_hp is can be an alternative that you can use.
laurauwu
Old 03-23-2022 , 13:57   Re: [L4D2] Bug incapacitated 64000 hp?
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shao View Post
HP is wrongly attributed to players, superversus has that bug as well occasionally. balancer_hp is can be an alternative that you can use.
Thanks for the answer I'm really glad to have people who want to help here I thought it could be the HP TANK MULTIPLIER plugin but even removing it didn't help, and I really don't have any other plugin that causes changes in hp..

L4DToolz to have more slots
Left12Dead Players to add the bots, my server is 13x13 versus

I'll look for this HP Balancer thanks.

(I tried to use several versions of SUPERVERSUS, but it had a lot of bugs, so I found this Left12Dead Players alternative that worked better)

Last edited by laurauwu; 03-23-2022 at 14:01.
laurauwu
Old 03-23-2022 , 22:14   Re: [L4D2] Bug incapacitated 64000 hp?
Reply With Quote #15

today I realized that this bug happens when the disabled player is almost dying, but it's very rare to happen, I can't replicate it, and I have no idea what causes it, I had my screen darkening, and I took a beating from the tank and my life went to 65,000 how disabled lol can anyone help? a plugin that identifies that the disabled's health has gone above the default or 300, and kills him? or some plugin that limits the maximum value of the disabled person's hp to 300, it seems to me that this value is 65000 I really don't know what can cause this, and as it's something I can't reproduce, there's no way I can test plugin by plugin to try find the bug, it is rare to happen
laurauwu
Old 03-25-2022 , 20:42   Re: [L4D2] Bug incapacitated 64000 hp?
Reply With Quote #16

Can someone make a plugin that detects that the hp of the incapacitated is higher than the default and kill him, or change his hp to 300, or if there is a way to limit the maximum of this cvar to 300, not if it's possible

i don't have any plugin that modifies damage, or hp, i believe this might be some error in Left4dhooks or Dhooks

Please
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 03-26-2022 , 05:48   Re: [L4D2] Bug incapacitated 64000 hp?
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurauwu View Post
Can someone make a plugin that detects that the hp of the incapacitated is higher than the default and kill him, or change his hp to 300, or if there is a way to limit the maximum of this cvar to 300, not if it's possible

i don't have any plugin that modifies damage, or hp, i believe this might be some error in Left4dhooks or Dhooks

Please
Neither of those should cause the bug you're experiencing since they do nothing without the use of other plug-ins that require them. Like I said, it's a misconfigured one that you have that's causing it.

Have you replicated the same scenario with no other plug-ins and extensions except for those two and saw that they were really the cause of it?

Last edited by cravenge; 03-26-2022 at 05:49.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 03-27-2022 , 20:51   Re: [L4D2] Bug incapacitated 64000 hp?
Reply With Quote #18

Did you already check how is the "z_tank_incapacitated_health" set in your server?

Easy "fix": Change it to "0" or "1"

What you want is a band-aid fix, having a plugin to fix another plugin is a really bad design
Also if you can't find the plugin causing this is really hard to help, the solution that someone can provide,
may not fix it because of timing/order issues: a shot in the dark.

Last edited by Marttt; 03-27-2022 at 20:55.