Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

HELP Us To Get Rid Of The Lagg.

Post New Thread Reply   

AlienToThis
Old 12-15-2012 , 22:11  
Reply With Quote #11

akomismo, you have fixed my problem so thank you very much !!!

GIANT_TURD first of all that computer only hosts a server, nothing more the pc is new and empty. i do not play from the same computer, and there are enough players on my server whether you like it or not. and thanks to akomismo's advice the server now runs smooth, and it can handle 32players !
The answer to why i have put up the title to the topic like this "Help Us Get Rid Of The Lagg" lies in the title itself.
Let me explain the logic behind that if you lack logic, there are many with this problem and they are looking for solutions thats why i said "help us" and not help me, and the capital letters are to there to make the topic stand out to those with answers and to those in search of answers. if that annoys you, then maybe you need a shrink?
Your problem is not my attitude, your problem is the fact that you think you are smart which makes your cockyness show in your replies.
Now read all the replies, and look at yourself.
The only thing i have said was "NEXT" and you got offended, Then you started talking about MEME's not being cool, my internet and computer being lousy, which is proven by akomismo's reply that it had nothing to do with the topic and is very childish which proves you to be an adolescent.

MERGE EDIT 1
Some points
1. Strong computer, and internet
2. No need to open many ports on your router, just the one "UDP" port you will use for your server!
3. Add mmtimer booster to your server.
4. Dont play the game from the same computer.
5. Go to task manager and set the servers priority to high (not really necessary)
6. Set the right rates in your server.cfg (really important to find YOUR rates)
Good Luck.

Last edited by YamiKaitou; 12-15-2012 at 22:24.
GIANT_CRAB
Old 12-17-2012 , 22:07   Re: HELP Us To Get Rid Of The Lagg.
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienToThis View Post
akomismo, you have fixed my problem so thank you very much !!!

GIANT_TURD first of all that computer only hosts a server, nothing more the pc is new and empty. i do not play from the same computer, and there are enough players on my server whether you like it or not. and thanks to akomismo's advice the server now runs smooth, and it can handle 32players !
The answer to why i have put up the title to the topic like this "Help Us Get Rid Of The Lagg" lies in the title itself.
Let me explain the logic behind that if you lack logic, there are many with this problem and they are looking for solutions thats why i said "help us" and not help me, and the capital letters are to there to make the topic stand out to those with answers and to those in search of answers. if that annoys you, then maybe you need a shrink?
Your problem is not my attitude, your problem is the fact that you think you are smart which makes your cockyness show in your replies.
Now read all the replies, and look at yourself.
The only thing i have said was "NEXT" and you got offended, Then you started talking about MEME's not being cool, my internet and computer being lousy, which is proven by akomismo's reply that it had nothing to do with the topic and is very childish which proves you to be an adolescent.

MERGE EDIT 1
Some points
1. Strong computer, and internet
2. No need to open many ports on your router, just the one "UDP" port you will use for your server!
3. Add mmtimer booster to your server.
4. Dont play the game from the same computer.
5. Go to task manager and set the servers priority to high (not really necessary)
6. Set the right rates in your server.cfg (really important to find YOUR rates)
Good Luck.
You will only need to worry about the rates if your Internet speed has a poor connection and if your computer is terrible.
Computers are not suppose to run 24/7.

If you think the issue is really resolve, good for you but at the end of the day, you refused to take my advice in, you will run into a lot of issues in the future, good luck dealing with them.
Old 12-22-2012 , 20:16   Re: HELP Us To Get Rid Of The Lagg.
Reply With Quote #13

There are many people looking for answers, so please do not get them on a false track !
Meaning, the rates do matter even when you have the best computer and internet connection in the world.
Unless you dont have any rates in your server.cfg, but we all know that everyone has rates in their list.
So if you have the best computer and connection in the world then erase the rates, that might help?
But if you are not as cocky as GIANT_CRAP then just adjust the rates to your computer and internet connection, that will help.
And that some computers are not made to run 24/7 is known to everyone.
But that doesnt mean they cant, you could customize your computer easily to host a 24/7 server and the computer could survive that for years.
And yeah, at some point everything and everyone will run into a lot of issues thats life. Someday everything will break and/or die even you and me. Deal with it
But Really, They should ban little kids like you from forums, How many people did you help?
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 12-22-2012 , 20:21   Re: HELP Us To Get Rid Of The Lagg.
Reply With Quote #14

Nobody should be hosting a server on a home connection. You are only going to face lots of problems, not to mention violate your ISP's ToS.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
gmansparks
Old 12-23-2012 , 18:44   Re: HELP Us To Get Rid Of The Lagg.
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by akomismo View Post
try this one dude

For upload speed of 2 mbps
rate 25000
sv_rate 25000
sv_cmdrate 101
sv_cmdbackup 6
sv_updaterate 101
sv_resend 6

sv_maxupdaterate = rate/300
sv_minupdaterate= try 50-60

sv_rate ??? lol ... NO SUCH COMMAND
sv_cmdrate 101 NO SUCH COMMAND
sv_cmdbackup 6 NO SUCH COMMAND
sv_updaterate 101 NO SUCH COMMAND
sv_resend 6 NO SUCH COMMAND

HOW DID THIS RATES HELPED YOU ???? wtf????
Send a message via ICQ to gmansparks Send a message via Skype™ to gmansparks
Invisy
Old 12-23-2012 , 18:57   Re: HELP Us To Get Rid Of The Lagg.
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmansparks View Post

those rates can only be run from the server console or rcon, not as client commands

the respective client commands would be
rate
cl_cmdrate
cl_updaterate

the other 2 i dont think have a client version.

Last edited by Invisy; 12-23-2012 at 18:58. Reason: additional info
gmansparks
Old 12-23-2012 , 19:27   Re: HELP Us To Get Rid Of The Lagg.
Reply With Quote #17

i know .
Send a message via ICQ to gmansparks Send a message via Skype™ to gmansparks
AlienToThis
Old 12-24-2012 , 10:07   Re: HELP Us To Get Rid Of The Lagg.
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmansparks View Post

I just copied it and pasted it in my Hlds/cstrike/server.cfg list, below
//Bandwith rates/settings
HERE
(Erase what the rates that are.
and past the rates given by "Atokisimo?")
if those rates dont help then go to http://www.reece-eu.net/drekrates.php
to get your rates.
AlienToThis
Old 12-24-2012 , 10:19   Re: HELP Us To Get Rid Of The Lagg.
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
Nobody should be hosting a server on a home connection. You are only going to face lots of problems, not to mention violate your ISP's ToS.
It seems to me like you dont want people to have and host a public server. ;-)
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=1448248
My ISP gives me enough options and i do not violate the TOS and even if i would it wont do no harm.

Just some extra info for those who are looking, if you want a static external ip your router should give you that option, you can choose to obtain an ip address automaticly or use the following ip option.
So just explore your router before you pay any website do do that for you, if you need help with doing this?
Start a topic, and put the link on this page.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 12-24-2012 , 10:44   Re: HELP Us To Get Rid Of The Lagg.
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienToThis View Post
It seems to me like you dont want people to have and host a public server. ;-)
No, I said that it is not wise to host a server of any kind on a home connection, the speeds suck and you will most likely be in violation of your ISP's TOS.

Quote:
My ISP gives me enough options and i do not violate the TOS and even if i would it wont do no harm.
Who is your ISP?

Quote:
Just some extra info for those who are looking, if you want a static external ip your router should give you that option, you can choose to obtain an ip address automaticly or use the following ip option.
So just explore your router before you pay any website do do that for you, if you need help with doing this?
Start a topic, and put the link on this page.
Seems you do not know how DHCP works. While it can work, you run the risk of another network obtaining your IP when your router fails to renew the DHCP lease or when your router is down and fails to respond certain DHCP/DNS queries. Depending on how the DHCP server is configured, that can happen (I've done it before at work). Also, some routers don't allow you to change this option.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).