Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Thank you to AlliedModders!

Post New Thread Reply   

Styles
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2012 , 02:26   Thank you to AlliedModders!
Reply With Quote #1

I'd just like to show people how your interest can turn into something great. For me it started when I was young over at shero.rocks-hideout.com (I think that was the site). SuperHero Mod was the mod that got me interested in creating Pawn scripts. It of course went from there and I had a blast!

First off I'd just like to say thank you to Freecode, Emp`, Vittu, Teame06, jtp10181, AssKicR. You guys were really the ones I followed when Super Hero Mod was just created. There were probably others and I'm very sorry if I forgot you, it's been many years.

Of course you can't forget BILOPAN, PM, sawce and many others who actively maintain Metamod and AMXX.

This community launched me into a world of computers that I would have never known. Creating pawn scripts was just the beginning. I had a blast making my own super heroes and eventually creating plugins for individual communities. I use to look up to Hawk522 quite a lot. His programming style was very clean and consistent. This was very appealing to me and indirectly taught me naming convention.

Throughout my pawn years, I mastered PHP, HTML, CSS and slowly got into contributing to open source libraries. Then I would branched out into the wonderful world of .NET.

Following my learning of .NET (starting with 2.0) I got into MMO botting. Specifically World of Warcraft. This was by far the most fun and interesting time. I learned a ton about memory management, code caves IAT/EAT hooking as well as many other techniques. I used C# to write private software.

Eventually I got into not just programming but architecting. There is quite a lot of interesting methods on how to build decoupled systems out there.

I have now begun developing my own propitiatory platform. I have worked at many companies using the skillset I've created for myself. I find programming to be very fun and rewarding.

Thank you to this community and everyone that has helped me along the way.
Send a message via AIM to Styles
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 10-16-2012 , 06:11   Re: Thank you to AlliedModders!
Reply With Quote #2

Great to hear that, you such a gold member!

Last edited by claudiuhks; 10-16-2012 at 06:11.
Send a message via MSN to claudiuhks Send a message via Yahoo to claudiuhks Send a message via Skype™ to claudiuhks
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-16-2012 , 09:18   Re: Thank you to AlliedModders!
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styles View Post
Following my learning of .NET (starting with 2.0) I got into MMO botting. Specifically World of Warcraft.
Don't let Blizzard find out.

Also, did anyone else read the title as "Thank you to AlliedMonsters" ? Must be because it's close to Halloween...
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 10-16-2012 , 09:55   Re: Thank you to AlliedModders!
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiuhks View Post
Great to hear that, you such a gold member!
Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS
Goldmember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
Also, did anyone else read the title as "Thank you to AlliedMonsters" ?

Last edited by ANTICHRISTUS; 10-16-2012 at 20:48. Reason: [B][/B]
xPaw
Retired AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 10-16-2012 , 14:03   Re: Thank you to AlliedModders!
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Also, did anyone else read the title as "Thank you to AlliedMonsters" ? Must be because it's close to Halloween...
Well, you just gave them an idea.
Old 10-16-2012 , 14:11   Re: Thank you to AlliedModders!
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPaw View Post
Well, you just gave them an idea.
Just like I gave them the AlliedPonies idea back in April?
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 10-16-2012 , 14:23   Re: Thank you to AlliedModders!
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Anton Szandor LaVey used to say that Halloween is one of the biggest cellebrations from the satanic calendar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS View Post
Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS
Goldmember
You everytime make my day better. I was looking for that song whole years without result.
You such a platinum member!

Quote:
Just like I gave them the AlliedPonies idea back in April?
I disagree. I mean, AlliedPonies doesn't sound great.
I'm wondering if you're from the US.

Last edited by claudiuhks; 10-17-2012 at 17:31.
Send a message via MSN to claudiuhks Send a message via Yahoo to claudiuhks Send a message via Skype™ to claudiuhks
BAILOPAN
Old 10-16-2012 , 14:48   Re: Thank you to AlliedModders!
Reply With Quote #8

Awesome! I know AlliedModders has helped, in one way or another, launched the careers of quite a few contributors - including myself. Glad to hear it has helped you too.

Last edited by BAILOPAN; 10-16-2012 at 14:48.
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 10-16-2012 , 16:09   Re: Thank you to AlliedModders!
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Anton Szandor LaVey used to say that Halloween is one if the biggest cellebrations from the satanic calendar.
Halloween is a pagan ritual, like many others implanted in (all) religions.
Quote:
You such a platinum member!
no, just a chaste member . (edit: to understand what I mean, you need to watch the goldmemeber movie)

Last edited by ANTICHRISTUS; 10-16-2012 at 20:58.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-17-2012 , 14:18   Re: Thank you to AlliedModders!
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Anton Szandor LaVey used to say that Halloween is one if the biggest cellebrations from the satanic calendar.
Officially, it's one of two holidays Valve celebrates in Team Fortress 2, the other being Christmas.

The 4th annual Scream Fortress update should hit sometime next week.

They celebrated Halloween in 2009, 2010, and 2011 with new maps, cosmetic items, and achievements. The second and third Scream Fortress updates also included AI-controlled Boss characters: The Horseless Headless Horsemann who spawns every 5-7 minutes on cp_manor_event, and Monoculus who spawns every 2.5 to 3.5 minutes on koth_viaduct_event.

Quote:
I disagree. I mean, AlliedPonies doesn't sound great.
I'm wondering if you're from the US.
I am from the US, yes. Anyway, in the Vs. Saxton Hale thread, I posted this on April Fools Day, and changed my avatar to some random pony image I found using Google Image Search. Later that day, everyone visiting AlliedModders got a different logo with one of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic ponies on it. Here's the logo:

Oh, and my login was forced to have that in place of the normal logo for 6 months until I finally asked that it be removed.

Side note: I was kinda parodying the developer of Vs. Saxton Hale and the Ponyspencer SourceMod plugins, who decided to change his avatar from Sonic the Hedgehog's Eggman to My Little Pony's Rainbow Dash. And make Pony references in all his plugins; Freak Fortress 2 (aka Vs. Saxton Hale 2) still has a bIsEveryponyDead bool variable in it.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-17-2012 at 14:27.