Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Rune Mod Version 2.0

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   Counter-Strike        Category:   Fun Stuff       
kaddar
Old 08-05-2004 , 16:15   Rune Mod Version 2.0
Reply With Quote #1

Rune mod contains runes, powerup items that give you abilities not found in normal counterstrike. Runes are generated randomly over the map each round. They are very similar to those from quake CTF. You must collect them and keep them in order to keep their powers, you may only have one at a time, and they are unique, no two people may have the same rune.
If you want Runemod 2.x go to the site:
Check out the new website, http://www.runemod.org/ for 2.0 downloads!

All info bellow here is for runemod 1.x

It is no longer developed by me (I plan on developing runemod for cs:source, however CS runemod is now under EKS hands). Runemod 2.0 is rebuilt, and not built off the 1.0 code as originally planned, it rebuilds the runes from the ground up with support for anyone making their own runes via plugins (Similar to superheros mod). Because of this, some original 1.0 runes are not yet supported.

Currently rune spawn generation is different from 1.0's complete randomization (Points are now generated by player movement instead of my all-map algorithm), hopefully 1.0's randomization system will soon be supported as well, as I think it worked better for funmaps.

There are lots of cool features of 2.0, be sure to check it out.

(Page 10 of this post has a changelog by EKS)

The BELOW is for RUNEMOD 1.0, if you are interested in 2.0, go to runemod.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune List
RESISTANCE reduces all damage by half
STRENGTH doubles all damage
HASTE doubles walkspeed
REGENERATION slowly regenerates life to 150
VAMPIRISM Steal a percentage of damage you deal (100 cap)
HUNTER Your knife hits instantly kill, you have no footsteps and your armor regenerates to 160
DISMAY Opponents lose life when attacking you, screen becomes slightly red to warn you you're attacking someone with dismay
HEROICS Pistols do double damage, every kill with any weapon boosts your speed, dropping the run resets that speed
SOUL When you kill an opponent, your life is set to 100
INVISIBILITY Take your knife out and don't move, you become fully invisible
SHELL Deal damage to opponents in order to gain armor (100 cap)
(new)SEER Look at an opponent to slow them down. See a line to your closest opponent, line's thickness is relative of their closeness.
(new)PHANTOM Run into a wall to walk through it, doesn't work while ducking, you glow while doing it, and if it runs out while you're in a wall, your location is reset
(new)KINETICS Take your knife out and look up slightly in order to fly. Shooting enemies with a pistol pushes them backwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by What's new in 1.0.170
-3 new runes that have depth (not just more damage modifier runes)
-Many bugfixes (Haste, dismay, hunter are fixed, and more!)
-Many new cvars for customization of your server: (see documentation for a complete list, and what they do)
-All maps now supported PROPERLY now, runes spawn everywhere on ALL maps (sometimes, runes spawn where you can't get them, like in those secret boxes on maps, if you don't like this, use the predetermined random spawns in the \rune\ config files method by switching sv_morerandom 0 and downloading the config files below)

sv_autodrop
sv_runemod (on off switch of mod)
sv_morerandom
sv_totalrunes
sv_resetrunes

Also:

-When you disconnect, you drop your rune instead of it being destroyed
-Dismay now causes the person with dismay to glow red, dismay no longer hurts you instead of your opponent (oops!)
-Resistance now reduces damage in half instead of doubling life
-New playerrunes list that lists who has what runes
-New web based help system
-Config files are no longer needed, they are in a seperate zip below if you want to use the old system, but if you do not plan on switching sv_morerandom to 0, do not bother installing \rune\. Previously, config files were used to determine rune spawns, now it is entirely random and all maps supported.
-Errors causing runes not to be pick-up-able has been fixed.
To find servers running runemod, go here:
runemod

Quote:
Originally Posted by In-game commands:
"say help" - valuable information
"say runelist" - same as clicking the "rune" link on the help page
"say playerrunes"- see a list of all runes players have and who has them
"dropitem"- drop your item
help page
Cvar list (type help in game to see this cvar list
YOU DO NOT NEED THESE Old Config files
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (runemod.sma - 2940 views - 63.2 KB)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (runemod-b.sma - 4916 views - 63.1 KB)
martinrb
Old 08-05-2004 , 16:18  
Reply With Quote #2

sounds nice...
im gonna testing it asap

btw #1:
the download link is terrible small. didnt find it on first view

btw #2:
do i need the cfg files. it looks like they are spawned at these cfg-coordinates and not random. i dont want to install a cfg for every map
Puntje
Old 08-05-2004 , 16:19  
Reply With Quote #3

Cheers for posting one of my servers as first runner of the Runemod.
Looks really damn nice and gives a nice touch to the game as former TFC-mod. I'm happy i could be of any help regarding bug testing and running.
Send a message via ICQ to Puntje
Peli
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2004 , 16:20  
Reply With Quote #4

Great job Kadder , this plugin is great.
Send a message via MSN to Peli
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2004 , 16:58  
Reply With Quote #5

nice gonna test it out after im off from work.
Old 08-05-2004 , 17:02  
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinrb
btw #2:
do i need the cfg files. it looks like they are spawned at these cfg-coordinates and not random. i dont want to install a cfg for every map
Ditto.. do I need configs for every map.. that would suck.. I have quite a few maps
martinrb
Old 08-05-2004 , 17:05  
Reply With Quote #7

theres a bug.
sometimes u can "dropitem" as many empty runes as u want to.
or u dont have a rune and "myrune" says u dont have one AND u cant walk over a new rune coz it says "u already have a rune"

edit:
this plugin rawks.
a little tweak here and there and it gets 5/5 stars

can u make a beam which goes skyward in the color of the rune so we can easier pinpoint the location of these runes.
Poison_Jay
Old 08-05-2004 , 18:06  
Reply With Quote #8

interesting, maybe make a rune that gives wc3 xp or sh xp
Send a message via MSN to Poison_Jay
kaddar
Old 08-05-2004 , 18:13  
Reply With Quote #9

this plugin is not about xp, any one should be able to pick it up and play

Actually I am working on the dropitem() function bugs now, will let everyone know when it has been updated.
kaddar
Old 08-05-2004 , 18:20  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinrb
btw #2:

yes, but 28 maps are supported, and the spawn points are randomized between the spawns. Quake1 CTF used entities to spawn their runes, so it wasn't at random for them, either.

If somebody has a better way of generating random points in a map that players can walk to than a cfg file, let me know.