Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Solved [CS:GO] Looking for Community Developer (Paid)

Post New Thread Reply   

schmed
Old 12-21-2017 , 19:08   [CS:GO] Looking for Community Developer (Paid)
Reply With Quote #1

Hello everyone!

I own Alias Server Network, along with a friend of mine. We founded our community approximately 2.5 years ago, and we operate the largest CS:GO community trade server. Our previous developer (unfortunately) does not have the time anymore to help with our community, so we now are looking for someone else to take their place.

Steam Group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/AliasServerNetwork

Expectations:
- Communication: It is extremely important to us to have someone that is communicative and accessible. We do not want to have to go "radio silent" and then have to "chase" them down.
- Experience: This is not an entry level position. We are only looking for developers that are experienced. The applicant would have to be capable of updating existing plugins and creating new ones for the community as the need for them arises. It would also be expected that the developer is diligent enough to complete tasks on their own.
- Privacy: All work and communication done with our community would be required to be kept private.
- Fluent English: We are both from America and only speak English. As a result, we only looking for a developer that can speak fluent English. It is not a requirement to be a native English speaker.

Offer:
- Payment: Negotiable. The amount and structure (monthly or project-to-project) of the payment would be dependent on the applicant. Our community members, donors and sponsors have fortunately been extremely generous - so we are able to pay a competitive rate in comparison to other communities.
- Longevity: Alias Server Network has been around for 2.5 years. Traffic has only shown signs of increasing and we have no plans to shut down the community - so the position would be available for as long as you wanted it.
- Usage: Any work done for the community would be utilized by hundreds of thousands of users per month - so your effort would not go unnoticed or unused.

Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065759429
Email: [email protected]

Thank you in advance for your time, and I apologize if there was anything "wrong" with my post. This is my first time posting on Allied Modders, so please be gentle and direct me to what should be corrected.

Last edited by schmed; 12-28-2017 at 13:22. Reason: Position Filled (Changed to [Solved])
xines
Veteran Member
Old 12-24-2017 , 15:27   Re: [CS:GO] Looking for Community Developer (Paid)
Reply With Quote #2

You didn't even put what languages is needed for your issues
Also tell people what prices you are going to be paying either hourly/monthly and how many hours a week we are talking... (People and their top top top secret projects)

Note:
- Contacted this fella in order to help him (prob free), but he was questioning my "Past experiences" on development lol.
So unless you have a past experience written down, other than 20+ people referring to you on steam, then don't waste your time.

Merry Christmas!
Old 12-26-2017 , 12:34   Re: [CS:GO] Looking for Community Developer (Paid)
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xines View Post
You didn't even put what languages is needed for your issues
Also tell people what prices you are going to be paying either hourly/monthly and how many hours a week we are talking... (People and their top top top secret projects)

Note:
- Contacted this fella in order to help him (prob free), but he was questioning my "Past experiences" on development lol.
So unless you have a past experience written down, other than 20+ people referring to you on steam, then don't waste your time.

Merry Christmas!
This post is extremely unprofessional and untrue.

You added me stating that you were interested in the position; however, when I asked you your experience as a server developer - you told me to read your profile comments. The comments were vague (such as "+rep good coder") - which does not help to explain to me if you are capable of the position or not. When I inquired further about your experience as a community developer - you stated that you were not a community developer.

Title of the Thread: "[CS:GO] Looking for Community Developer (Paid)"

This is also not a "secret project". We are looking for someone who can provide general maintenance for our community by updating existing plugins, adding existing or creating new plugins as the need arises, and other general server upkeep. We also never discussed project specifics or payment - so both of those claims are ridiculous.

There simply was not a mutual fit for the position. There is no need to make a comment trying to derail the thread - just because you did not get it.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Last edited by schmed; 12-26-2017 at 12:37. Reason: Spelling
schmed
Old 12-28-2017 , 13:27   Re: [CS:GO] Looking for Community Developer (Paid)
Reply With Quote #4

The position is now full. Thank you to everyone that took the time to speak with me.

We are always interested in commissioning new plugins that would be beneficial to users on our trade server, so if you come up with any ideas - feel free to shoot me a message at any time!

Happy holidays!