Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Weird issue with Windows Remote Desktop

Post New Thread Reply   

Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 11-06-2014 , 13:10   Weird issue with Windows Remote Desktop
Reply With Quote #1

I use Windows Remote Desktop to log into my VDS and Dedicated machines. Recently however, when I exit Windows Remote Desktop all the servers on my machine lose connectivity for around 10 seconds. This seems to only happen with Windows Remote Desktop and not programs like TightVNC.

Has anyone else had a exp like this?
Old 11-06-2014 , 17:55   Re: Weird issue with Windows Remote Desktop
Reply With Quote #3

That person isn't having the same issue as me. He says his server remain down. With me when I disconnect/close the Windows Remote Desktop app my servers timeout for 10 seconds then come back on, like a huge lag spike.
Old 11-06-2014 , 18:06   Re: Weird issue with Windows Remote Desktop
Reply With Quote #4

Still sounds like its going into sleep mode to me
ferts of daeth
Old 11-06-2014 , 18:23   Re: Weird issue with Windows Remote Desktop
Reply With Quote #5

How would I check if it's going into sleep mode? This is what it looks like now: http://gyazo.com/aa9aaf5f316d80b409b4e69c20ab03ad

Also I found this old thread: http://forums.srcds.com/viewtopic/1860

The guy says he changed his Remote Desktop ports on the server and the issue fixed. Trying to figure out how to do this and if its a good idea.
Old 11-06-2014 , 18:55   Re: Weird issue with Windows Remote Desktop
Reply With Quote #6

OK I found something else out. It seems this issue is only occurring on my PC. I tried another computer in my home that is running off the same internet connect and method and it works fine.

There seems to been differences however in the versions of Windows Remote Desktop from the PC that is causing issues and the one that isn't. On my PC (the one with the issue) I have Windows Remote Desktop Version 6.3.9600 Protocol 8.1, which is the newest install. On the other PC (one without a issue) I have version 6.1.7601 Protocol 7.1.

Is there anyway to revert to a old version to see if that is the issue?
Old 11-06-2014 , 19:26   Re: Weird issue with Windows Remote Desktop
Reply With Quote #7

OK so I think I solved this issue. This all started happening after I attempted to make sure my windows was completely up to date. I went and installed all the updates it said I needed to. What I decided to do was revert Windows Remote Desktop back 1 version.

I went to: Control Panel/Programs and Features/View Installed Updates

And searched through all the updates I did a couple days ago and found this one:

KB2830477 - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2830477

I uninstalled this update and restarted my computer. It reverted my Windows Remote Desktop from Version 6.3.9600 Protocol 8.1 to Version 6.2.9200 Protocol 8.0.

I still have no idea why the newest version of Windows Remote Desktop was causing this issue. If anyone has any info on this please let me know.
Old 11-07-2014 , 19:07   Re: Weird issue with Windows Remote Desktop
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearts View Post
OK so I think I solved this issue. This all started happening after I attempted to make sure my windows was completely up to date. I went and installed all the updates it said I needed to. What I decided to do was revert Windows Remote Desktop back 1 version.

I went to: Control Panel/Programs and Features/View Installed Updates

And searched through all the updates I did a couple days ago and found this one:

KB2830477 - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2830477

I uninstalled this update and restarted my computer. It reverted my Windows Remote Desktop from Version 6.3.9600 Protocol 8.1 to Version 6.2.9200 Protocol 8.0.

I still have no idea why the newest version of Windows Remote Desktop was causing this issue. If anyone has any info on this please let me know.

I had this issue recently. I also reverted back. If you dig deeper and look into their changelog and bug notes, apparently 8.0 has a problem with connecting to virtual computers that run vista and win 7. The update was meant really for Windows 8 clients.

Crazygamer34894
Old 11-09-2014 , 11:44   Re: Weird issue with Windows Remote Desktop
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by XpertMaverick View Post
apparently 8.0 has a problem with connecting to virtual computers that run vista and win 7. The update was meant really for Windows 8 clients.
Windows 8 SUCKS
ferts of daeth
Old 07-08-2016 , 04:52   Re: Weird issue with Windows Remote Desktop
Reply With Quote #10

I'm having this issue again now that I got a new computer and installed Windows 10. This seems to be a issue on my end but I have no clue what it might be. I have a pretty much fresh install of Windows 10 and everything is updated. My friend also has a Windows 10 computer and when he connects and disconnects from my VDS with remote desktop there is no issues.

If anyone can help solve this issue for me I will reward them with a nice sum of money.