Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

FF2 Special_Democharge

Post New Thread Reply   

Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 01-09-2013 , 15:07   Special_Democharge
Reply With Quote #1

Is anyone else having issues with people being able to use the charge over and over without stopping?
Old 01-10-2013 , 08:29   Re: Special_Democharge
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearts View Post
Is anyone else having issues with people being able to use the charge over and over without stopping?
Its normal. ARH-ARH-ARH-ARH-ARH-ARH-ARH-ARH-ARH-ARH-ARH-ARH-ARH-ARH!
That's why people love demopan!

Last edited by nope.avi; 01-10-2013 at 08:30.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-10-2013 , 09:39   Re: Special_Democharge
Reply With Quote #3

Yes, and I've actually considered nerfing it at some point. Right now, they don't lose rage when charging iirc if they're under 10% or over 90% rage. Also, charging only takes iirc 0.4% of the charge meter.
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2013 , 22:54   Re: Special_Democharge
Reply With Quote #4

Has anyone done this? The unlimited charge is annoying.
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2013 , 20:26   Re: Special_Democharge
Reply With Quote #5

Code:
if(!strcmp(ability_name,"special_democharge"))
	{
		if(action>0)
		{
			new Boss=GetClientOfUserId(FF2_GetBossUserId(index));
			new Float:charge=FF2_GetBossCharge(index,0);
			TF2_AddCondition(Boss,TFCond_Charging,0.25);	
			if(charge>10.0 && charge<90.0)
			{
				FF2_SetBossCharge(index,0,charge-0.4);
			}
		}
	}
Something someone did for FF2-50DKP.
https://github.com/50DKP/FF2/blob/de...t_abilities.sp
(Dunno if it solves your problem)

Last edited by Wliu; 08-19-2013 at 20:29.
Huntereb
>:) (:<
Old 08-19-2013 , 23:04   Re: Special_Democharge
Reply With Quote #6

I know what he's talking about. It's far from intentional, even if you don't press the button to activate it, FF2 forces you to always charge, and it repeats over and over again, slamming you into walls and rendering you unable to move and attack freely.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2013 , 03:01   Re: Special_Democharge
Reply With Quote #7

This is hilarious, why would you want to make the funs go away? It is pretty much the only reason to have the boss in rotation.

And if you wanted to do it correctly, fire a timer on round start, check if the boss has the charge ability in that timer, grab the min charge threshold, and cost of charge from args and store them globally. Then on ability, you would set his charge meter accordingly.

Last edited by friagram; 08-20-2013 at 03:06.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2013 , 08:54   Re: Special_Democharge
Reply With Quote #8

Hilarious? Anyone with half a brain and a little skill can rape with unlimited charging. Asking to tweak it does not equal " make the fun go away ".
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2013 , 09:30   Re: Special_Democharge
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
Hilarious? Anyone with half a brain and a little skill can rape with unlimited charging. Asking to tweak it does not equal " make the fun go away ".
You could always... Reduce his health by altering the formula, or reducing his stun time, or edit the item attrbs to give him slower swing times, less damage, etc. Dunno, players on my servers don't seem to mind him too much, and there are much, much, more overpowered bosses than him. And you can avoid demopan, and I have seen good spies backstab him while he is charging, and demos knock him across the map.

Perhaps it would be fair to make it always cost say 5 rage, and still let him do it at zero so he can't use his special if he is spamming. I thought that the intent of him was so you could not charge at the start of the map, but then could shortly after, so say you set the cost of rage at 5, the min threshold at 15 or so, if you charge at 15 rage you have. 10 and cannot charge again. If you rage, you have zero and cannot charge again.... This would more or less break his whole mechanic.

People used to complain about him, and seeldier/seeman. But now we have bosses that do rages with large area of effect damage to players and buildings, yet people can avoid them and still kill these bosses.. So they don't really mind as much.

Really, the spy knife damage formula is a bigger issue, as is sentry damage and knockback.
I have been trying to do things like give scout pistols more ammo, and making the vaccinator provide different buffs and such, but its hard to balance ff2. Honesty any very skilled player can kill everyone pretty quick, without even needing to use a rage on many of the smaller maps just by superjumping at the start.
93SHADoW
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-06-2014 , 21:57   Re: Special_Democharge
Reply With Quote #10

I've noticed this happening on the F2P Demoman/Soldier duo boss (the F2P Demo), when you get the Scottish Resistance weapon, you're stuck charging. Also seems to conflict with the superjump with that particular boss. Sometimes that happens with Demopan as well.

Last edited by 93SHADoW; 09-06-2014 at 21:57.
Send a message via AIM to 93SHADoW Send a message via Skype™ to 93SHADoW