Raised This Month: $252 Target: $400
 63% 

[ANY] VPN Block


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
LaGgLs
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: sweden
Old 12-22-2018 , 12:47   Re: [ANY] VPN Block
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwnK View Post
I have checked pretty much everyone's ip who this plugin has blocked and I haven't yet found any false positives. Of course if you get those you can just change that ip's proxy column to 0 from mysql or sqlite so it doesn't block them. I don't know how many false positives does this plugin detect but that can of course only be fixed by changing the database.
Just change the proxy to 0 instead of 1 and he can connect to the server heres the quote of the owner of the plugin


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubricant Jam View Post
Budget ISPs detecting as a proxy, shortly put. I am aware it's a third party service I just thought I'd mention that source doesn't seem to be as reliable as put.

EDIT: I definitely think that there should be two checks put in place as I'm having a fair few people a day come to me asking to be unblocked and I'm checking their IPs and they're valid ISPs.
LaGgLs is offline
PwnK
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2018
Old 12-22-2018 , 13:02   Re: [ANY] VPN Block
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGgLs View Post
Just change the proxy to 0 instead of 1 and he can connect to the server heres the quote of the owner of the plugin
That doesn't fix the problem with the false positives though. If you get a lot of those I image it would be a big pain in the ass to fix all manually also you could lose players because of that.
I don't have this problem myself because I think that 3rd party website detects all isps from my coutry as not proxy but I'll probably change the default site to something else and maybe provide a config from which you can easily change it yourself.
PwnK is offline
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: United Kingdom
Old 12-22-2018 , 18:34   Re: [ANY] VPN Block
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PwnK View Post
That doesn't fix the problem with the false positives though. If you get a lot of those I image it would be a big pain in the ass to fix all manually also you could lose players because of that.
I don't have this problem myself because I think that 3rd party website detects all isps from my coutry as not proxy but I'll probably change the default site to something else and maybe provide a config from which you can easily change it yourself.
That sounds good, can you recommend any other URLs I can replace with in your plugin currently?
Lubricant Jam is offline
Sarin
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Sydney, Australia
Old 01-08-2019 , 02:48   Re: [ANY] VPN Block
Reply With Quote #14

L 01/08/2019 - 18:26:01: [SM] Exception reported: Databases don't work
L 01/08/2019 - 18:26:01: [SM] Blaming: VPNBlock.smx
L 01/08/2019 - 18:26:01: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 01/08/2019 - 18:26:01: [SM] [0] SetFailState
L 01/08/2019 - 18:26:01: [SM] [1] Line 36, VPNBlock.sp::OnSqlConnect
Sarin is offline
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Old 01-09-2019 , 16:19   Re: [ANY] VPN Block
Reply With Quote #15

Any particular reason you decided on using System2 vs SteamWorks for the http requests? Just curious, as SteamWorks definitely is more widely used, and I'm sure I speak for others when I say the less dependencies, the better.
__________________

Last edited by sneaK; 01-09-2019 at 16:21.
sneaK is offline
_GamerX
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fun Server
Old 01-09-2019 , 18:03   Re: [ANY] VPN Block
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaK View Post
Any particular reason you decided on using System2 vs SteamWorks for the http requests? Just curious, as SteamWorks definitely is more widely used, and I'm sure I speak for others when I say the less dependencies, the better.
Me personally using system2 too because it is more reliable
__________________

Last edited by _GamerX; 01-09-2019 at 18:03.
_GamerX is offline
Send a message via ICQ to _GamerX Send a message via Skype™ to _GamerX
napster_10
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2016
Old 01-09-2019 , 18:58   Re: [ANY] VPN Block
Reply With Quote #17

no block/kick version just logging..
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (VPNBlock.sp - 178 views - 6.5 KB)
File Type: smx VPNBlock.smx (8.9 KB, 156 views)
napster_10 is offline
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2012
Old 01-10-2019 , 23:29   Re: [ANY] VPN Block
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by _GamerX View Post
Me personally using system2 too because it is more reliable
Could you please explain, in which way is it more reliable, ... for you?
__________________
Mostly known as "DarkDeviL".

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
DarkDeviL is offline
PwnK
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2018
Old 01-17-2019 , 09:21   Re: [ANY] VPN Block
Reply With Quote #19

You are right, steamworks definitely is more widely used extension and I changed the http requests to use it instead and made some other changes aswell.

Code:
1.1.0 (17-Jan-2019)
    - Made the plugin use steamworks instead of system2 for http requests.
    - Added option to change the url which is used to check for vpns.
    - Added option to only log users who join with VPN instead of kicking them.
PwnK is offline
KasperH
Member
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Hungary
Old 01-18-2019 , 11:09   Re: [ANY] VPN Block
Reply With Quote #20

Added Hungarian phrases.
Attached Files
File Type: txt vpnblock.phrases.txt (819 Bytes, 160 views)
__________________

"I've Got You In My Sights!"
KasperH is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:40.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode