Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO] Simple CSGO Ranks

Post New Thread Reply   

pommewayne
Old 10-31-2015 , 04:50   Re: [CS:GO] Simple CSGO Ranks
Reply With Quote #21

Hey puppet

I have gone over the wiki from pillar to post and whilst i think i get it, it really still does not make a lot of sense to me. I have downloaded the MySQL workbench as i think that is how i make the database.

Would you mind if i PM you a little more to get some feedback?
Puppetmaster
Old 10-31-2015 , 08:47   Re: [CS:GO] Simple CSGO Ranks
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommewayne View Post
Hey puppet

I have gone over the wiki from pillar to post and whilst i think i get it, it really still does not make a lot of sense to me. I have downloaded the MySQL workbench as i think that is how i make the database.

Would you mind if i PM you a little more to get some feedback?
Yeah thats fine

GZS Servers
Puppetmaster
Old 10-31-2015 , 09:21   Re: [CS:GO] Simple CSGO Ranks
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommewayne View Post
Hi,

Sorry to be a pain but this sounds like just the thing i am looking for. The trouble is whilst im not new to server hosting, im new to hosting a cs:go server.

My community would like this feature on our retakes server but i have no idea what or how i would create a MySQL.

Can anyone help me?

I thank you in advance for any help.
Ive found some youtube clips which provide all the steps:
Step 1, Install the MySQL database server: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqQc3YqfelE
Step 2, Add the database and tables: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAXhXI2Gxdc

Follow the step 2 tutorial until you have used the "mysql -uroot" bit and then enter the following 4 lines of code into the command window:

CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS steam;

USE steam;

CREATE TABLE `steam` (`steamId` char(65) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `rank` char(65) DEFAULT NULL, `age` char(65) DEFAULT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`steamId`)) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

CREATE TABLE `steamname` (`steamId` char(65) CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_bin NOT NULL DEFAULT '', `name` char(255) DEFAULT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`steamId`)) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;

Thats it. You are done. Your database is ready to go.

GZS Servers
Puppetmaster
Old 11-14-2015 , 00:20   Re: [CS:GO] Simple CSGO Ranks
Reply With Quote #24

Ive released 0.1.9
Please let me know if there are any issues.

Change log:
0.1.9: Allow the user to change a variable and recompile to change the database they want to use. This allows for multiple game servers working from the same server easily. Assists now grant +2 rank. If the database connection is lost the addon will attempt to reconnect indefinitely, dropping data when it cannot connect to prevent its buffer filling. The addon can now run many game servers from the same database.
Testing for SSH tunnels has been completed and it is confirmed as working well.

GZS Servers
Krotis
Old 11-14-2015 , 08:44   Re: [CS:GO] Simple CSGO Ranks
Reply With Quote #25

Would be crazy nice if you do so when you have X points you get rank=pro and when you type in chat it prints out like [PRO] Name: Hello world.
Old 11-14-2015 , 09:49   Re: [CS:GO] Simple CSGO Ranks
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krotis View Post
Would be crazy nice if you do so when you have X points you get rank=pro and when you type in chat it prints out like [PRO] Name: Hello world.
You mean like split it into tiers?

GZS Servers
Foskitox
Old 01-04-2016 , 23:24   Re: [CS:GO] Simple CSGO Ranks
Reply With Quote #27

How can you see the TOP rank?

You dont add it yet?
Puppetmaster
Old 01-07-2016 , 18:56   Re: [CS:GO] Simple CSGO Ranks
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foskitox View Post
How can you see the TOP rank?

You dont add it yet?
I can probably add it in the next version, its already working on the website version just not in game.

GZS Servers
juss
Old 01-09-2016 , 17:09   Re: [CS:GO] Simple CSGO Ranks
Reply With Quote #29

i have a question tho... I've tried this plugin on my csgo server (latest version with latest sourcemod ofc) .. when i hit sm plugins list it says that its failed to load this plugin (<Error> "SimpleCSGORanks" (0.1.9a) by Puppetmaster, Mehffort) ..
with sm plugins refresh i got

sm plugins refresh
Could not connect: [2002]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
Database setup has been called.
Adding database tables
L 01/10/2016 - 00:48:47: [SM] Native "SQL_FastQuery" reported: Invalid database Handle 0 (error: 4)
L 01/10/2016 - 00:48:47: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "simplecsgoranks.smx":
L 01/10/2016 - 00:48:47: [SM] [0] Line 338, simplecsgoranks.sp::newDB()
L 01/10/2016 - 00:48:47: [SM] [1] Line 523, simplecsgoranks.sp::OnPluginStart()
[SM] The plugin list has been refreshed and reloaded.

sure i did installed ib32z1 for my 64 ubuntu 14.04 (restarted server(ubuntu) too)

i also have problem that says that:
can't connect to local mysql server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
even tho i able to make a symlink to mysql.sock which is not in ^ , but in /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock..(note that i did symlink only for a test and I'm kinda aware that its not a good idea ;) ) i will get error that it won't connect 'cause fro some reason it thinks that databases.cfg not set .. it says that:
sm plugins refresh
Could not connect: [1045]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Adding database tables
L 01/10/2016 - 00:52:05: [SM] Native "SQL_FastQuery" reported: Invalid database Handle 0 (error: 4)
L 01/10/2016 - 00:52:05: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "simplecsgoranks.smx":
L 01/10/2016 - 00:52:05: [SM] [0] Line 338, simplecsgoranks.sp::newDB()
L 01/10/2016 - 00:52:05: [SM] [1] Line 523, simplecsgoranks.sp::OnPluginStart()

so at this point you are the only hope.. 'cause i just like the way your plugin simplicity ; )

mostly i concern about the plugin ..like does it have to say <Error> "SimpleCSGORanks" (0.1.9a) by Puppetmaster, Mehffort when you hit sm plugins list ? ... you just gotta help me man

Last edited by juss; 01-09-2016 at 17:28.
Puppetmaster
Old 01-10-2016 , 18:45   Re: [CS:GO] Simple CSGO Ranks
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by juss View Post
i have a question tho... I've tried this plugin on my csgo server (latest version with latest sourcemod ofc) .. when i hit sm plugins list it says that its failed to load this plugin (<Error> "SimpleCSGORanks" (0.1.9a) by Puppetmaster, Mehffort) ..
with sm plugins refresh i got

sm plugins refresh
Could not connect: [2002]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
Adding database tables
L 01/10/2016 - 00:48:47: [SM] Native "SQL_FastQuery" reported: Invalid database Handle 0 (error: 4)
L 01/10/2016 - 00:48:47: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "simplecsgoranks.smx":
L 01/10/2016 - 00:48:47: [SM] [0] Line 338, simplecsgoranks.sp::newDB()
L 01/10/2016 - 00:48:47: [SM] [1] Line 523, simplecsgoranks.sp::OnPluginStart()

sure i did installed ib32z1 for my 64 ubuntu 14.04 (restarted server(ubuntu) too)

i also have problem that says that:
can't connect to local mysql server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
even tho i able to make a symlink to mysql.sock which is not in ^ , but in /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock..(note that i did symlink only for a test and I'm kinda aware that its not a good idea ;) ) i will get error that it won't connect 'cause fro some reason it thinks that databases.cfg not set .. it says that:
sm plugins refresh
Could not connect: [1045]: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
Adding database tables
L 01/10/2016 - 00:52:05: [SM] Native "SQL_FastQuery" reported: Invalid database Handle 0 (error: 4)
L 01/10/2016 - 00:52:05: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "simplecsgoranks.smx":
L 01/10/2016 - 00:52:05: [SM] [0] Line 338, simplecsgoranks.sp::newDB()
L 01/10/2016 - 00:52:05: [SM] [1] Line 523, simplecsgoranks.sp::OnPluginStart()

so at this point you are the only hope.. 'cause i just like the way your plugin simplicity ; )

mostly i concern about the plugin ..like does it have to say <Error> "SimpleCSGORanks" (0.1.9a) by Puppetmaster, Mehffort when you hit sm plugins list ? ... you just gotta help me man
This is a fairly standard error.
^ This is really good, it means it CAN connect to your server but either the password is wrong or the root user does not have the correct grants for localhost.

To see the grants: SHOW GRANTS FOR 'root'@'localhost';
To give root full access: GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'localhost'
Note, you may still want to set a password for the root user in both MySQL and databases.cfg
You may also not want to use the root user for safety.

GZS Servers