Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:GO] Chaos Mod (200+ Effects) | (Fun modes every 15 seconds)

Post New Thread Reply   

Sandervraun
Old 03-19-2022 , 06:41   Re: [CS:GO] [BETA] Chaos Mod
Reply With Quote #11

Code:
L 03/19/2022 - 11:41:32: [Chaos.smx] [Chaos] Running Effect: Chaos_RandomWeapons
L 03/19/2022 - 11:41:32: [Chaos.smx] Effect is already currently running, trying new effect.
L 03/19/2022 - 11:41:32: [Chaos.smx] RETRYING EVENT..
L 03/19/2022 - 11:41:32: [Chaos.smx] [Chaos] Running Effect: Chaos_RandomWeapons
L 03/19/2022 - 11:41:32: [Chaos.smx] Effect is already currently running, trying new effect.
L 03/19/2022 - 11:41:32: [Chaos.smx] Effect is already currently running, trying new effect
Is also crashing the server

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 03-19-2022 at 23:14. Reason: Added CODE tag
boink
Old 03-19-2022 , 07:25   Re: [CS:GO] [BETA] Chaos Mod
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandervraun View Post
Code:
L 03/19/2022 - 11:41:32: [Chaos.smx] Effect is already currently running, trying new effect
Is also crashing the server

Alright I think I've found the issue causing the endless loop, could you please try using this version and see if you get any issues? Just look out for any retries and whether it successfully spawns a new one. Thanks for your help!

Feel free to continue sending me errors through Discord instead: BOINK#2697

Last edited by boink; 03-20-2022 at 09:06. Reason: Added CODE tag in quote
Sandervraun
Old 03-19-2022 , 07:32   Re: [CS:GO] [BETA] Chaos Mod
Reply With Quote #13

Honest opinion after testing it out with my community server. I really like it.
I just wish it didn't alter the settings of Bhop on my server... I wish it would revert to old settings when disabling the plugin.

When certain gamemodes start. it removes the bhop from the server and enables falldamage, which we do have disabled on the server.

Would love a feature to disable the plugin by default, so you can start it when you want fun rounds.

The server will crash if you already have a game EX "RandomWeapons" running. It will crash if you accidentally attempt to run The game again.

Really like the idea. But yea. It is removed from my community server, as we did not find it great enough just yet.

Keep up the good work! it is very exciting. Love the ideas. Everyone of my community love the features. We run anti-cheat on the server, almost everyone risked getting banned for aimbot, when the aimbot gamemode started Haha

Keep up the good work. Best of luck!

Last edited by Sandervraun; 03-19-2022 at 07:33.
Sandervraun
Old 03-20-2022 , 04:44   Re: [CS:GO] [BETA] Chaos Mod
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by boink View Post
Alright I think I've found the issue causing the endless loop, could you please try using the attached version and see if you get any issues? Just look out for any retries and whether it successfully spawns a new one. Thanks for your help!

Feel free to continue sending me errors through Discord instead: BOINK#2697

https://youtu.be/atdBQt_HVwI

Hey buddy. Just downloaded your new fix.

It fixed the spamming errors in console. But now it just cycles trough all of them.

I think maybe if you set the time of them to maybe 2 minutes(120 sec) in duration.. They would be a lot cooler. Currently they run for like 5-15 seconds, and then turn off.. Then after 5-10 seconds it runs a new random gamemode.
The Chicken spawning games, does not spawn any chickens.
The soccer mode does not spawn any soccerballs. Don't know if it is because I am using custom map for my server.

Rapid fire gives me 0 recoil for some reason? Don't know if that is meant to be like so.

Last edited by Sandervraun; 03-20-2022 at 04:47.
Sandervraun
Old 03-20-2022 , 04:48   Re: [CS:GO] [BETA] Chaos Mod
Reply With Quote #15

When disabling the chaos mod it still removes my bunnyhop on my server unfortunately

Last edited by Sandervraun; 03-20-2022 at 04:48.
boink
Old 03-20-2022 , 08:55   Re: [CS:GO] [BETA] Chaos Mod
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandervraun View Post
I think maybe if you set the time of them to maybe 2 minutes(120 sec) in duration.. They would be a lot cooler. Currently they run for like 5-15 seconds, and then turn off.. Then after 5-10 seconds it runs a new random gamemode.
So the duration of each effect is defined in Chaos_Effects.cfg, so if you wanted to customise each effect you can do it there (Or checkout the Config README for a bit more info on how to adjust these in-game.

There is a ConVar available called "sm_chaos_override_duration", you can set this to override the config and set ALL effects to run for X amount of seconds, for example, "sm_chaos_override_duration 120" would force ALL effects to run for 2 minutes.

Quote:
The Chicken spawning games, does not spawn any chickens.
The soccer mode does not spawn any soccerballs. Don't know if it is because I am using custom map for my server.
Yeah so the issue would be the plugin running on a custom map, it relies on coordinates within Chaos_Locations.cfg to spawn props in random areas such as chickens and soccerballs, I have listed all the currently supported maps here that have locations saved. I will soon release a side plugin that will allow you to add locations to your own custom maps with ease. I'll also make sure in the next fix that the effects don't actually run if the coordinates don't exist for that map.

Quote:
Rapid fire gives me 0 recoil for some reason? Don't know if that is meant to be like so.
Correct, when testing this, the recoil at that speed made all weapons somewhat unplayable, perhaps I'll look into reducing the recoil scale rather than having no recoil at all.

Quote:
When disabling the chaos mod it still removes my bunnyhop on my server unfortunately
I'll also fix this to make sure no ConVars are reset if the plugin is disabled. I'll experiment a few ideas I have to avoid touching the servers configs (eg. fall damage and bunnyhop)

Thanks again for all your feedback!
Old 03-25-2022 , 23:09   Re: [CS:GO] [BETA] Chaos Mod
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by boink View Post
Spoiler
These issues have been addressed in v0.1.0
Several effects that were based on ConVars have been replaced with a sourcemod alternative and I've implemented a method that should retain all custom ConVars
Old 09-28-2022 , 23:31   Re: [CS:GO] [BETA] Chaos Mod (124 Effects)
Reply With Quote #18

Updated to v0.2.1b (See Change log), haven't bumped this post in a few months because the whole config system has been a bit messy to set up, but it has since greatly improved and now getting to a point where I'm looking for more players to test this so I can receive more feedback on user-experience and how well the plugin runs on other servers.

DM me on discord, post below, or create a github issue if you'd like to leave any criticism, suggestions or feedback, thanks!
Old 09-29-2022 , 22:16   Re: [CS:GO] [BETA] Chaos Mod (124 Effects)
Reply With Quote #19

Small update to 0.2.2b

Quote:
  • Revert default effect interval to 15.0 seconds
  • Add thunderstorm sound effects to Thunderstorm effect
  • Fix Silent Footsteps reset function
  • Block jumping sounds in Silent Footsteps
Also created a page to list all the effects and what they do: https://csgochaosmod.com/effects

Last edited by boink; 09-29-2022 at 22:16. Reason: effect list
boink
Old 10-11-2022 , 17:32   Re: [CS:GO] [BETA] Chaos Mod (124 Effects) (Testers needed!)
Reply With Quote #20

Updated to 0.2.3-beta (see change log)