Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SRCDS (CSS) not listed in Steam Game Browser

Post New Thread Reply   

iceman20k
Old 06-25-2013 , 10:53   SRCDS (CSS) not listed in Steam Game Browser
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

i am running a SRCDS for CSS on a dedicated machine on a full 100MBit line. There Problem is that the Server is not shown in the steam game bowser. So far, i have checked this with 8 pals, no one can see the server when exaclty (map name, ordering by server names, etc.) looking for it. Also, no one from the internet joins the server.
Thats why i am asking here, if someone maybe got a useful hint.

This is what i have done up to now:

1) Checked that API link from steampowered.com, it reports:
"response": { "success": true, "servers": [ { "addr": "46.xxx.xxx.xx:27015", "gmsindex": 65534, "appid": 240, "gamedir": "cstrike", "region": 3, "secure": true, "lan": false, "gameport": 27015, "specport": 0 } ]

2) Checked with at least 8 people that they can't find the server listed.
3) Waited one week for the server to list up.
4) Completely deleted the srcds install and reinstalled it. Started the srcds without any plugin. No success.
5) The machine is running Debian 7.0. Ports are all open. In fact, for now, there is not one iptables-rule.
6) All people can join the server and play normal when adding the ip:port to their favourites in steam game browser.
7) Used a different IP. No success.
8.) I have added a value like "test123" to sv_tags. When searching in-game adding this tag to the in-game browser the server appears! Removing just this tag, leaving the entire search the same, the server disappears again.

If someone has a hint for what else i could do i would be very thankful.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited by iceman20k; 06-25-2013 at 10:59.
Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 06-25-2013 , 14:10   Re: SRCDS (CSS) not listed in Steam Game Browser
Reply With Quote #2

Try putting the command heartbeat into your server.cfg and restart the server.
Old 06-26-2013 , 08:39   Re: SRCDS (CSS) not listed in Steam Game Browser
Reply With Quote #3

Hi Fearts,

thanks a lot for the hint! I forgot that in the list of things i have already done. I had and still have a "heartbeat" at the end of server.cfg.
The strange this is, last night there was a CSS Update. After that update and the needed server restart my server was listed, suddenly within only 20 mins is was full all over the night.
Since the morining, it is again, not listed anymore. This is really crazy.
Sometimes i think someone is jokin' on me, posting my IP on some "badlist" or something. Do you know if there is some "badlist" or something like that?

Thanks a lot!
kdawgmaster
Old 06-28-2013 , 12:04   Re: SRCDS (CSS) not listed in Steam Game Browser
Reply With Quote #4

the only thing i can think of and this is what causes it for me is ur firewall. Try to just temp disable the firewall and see if it comes up then. also when u say full 100MBit is that upload or download?
iceman20k
Old 06-29-2013 , 14:30   Re: SRCDS (CSS) not listed in Steam Game Browser
Reply With Quote #5

Hi and thanks for your reply!

There is no firewall running on that machine:
# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target prot opt source destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

It is 100MBit upload and 100MBit download (Full duplex).

I have moved the complete config to an other server in an other datacenter, when starting the server there, it shows up within seconds. The Machine there also runs Debian 7.0. Its certainly not a config/plugin problem, that is proofed. It seems to me like Steam banned the IPs from the other location. This is really crazy since the server is new (2 weeks old) and for the first 4-6 days it showed up correctly. But there was nothing done harassing anybody or even steam, i don't understand this.
Does any of you may know where to ask if IPs got banned or something like that? With the servers SteamID and the public IP.

When checking the ports of both servers (the one listed and the one not) with nmap, there is no difference in what ports they have opened and in the return of nmap.

Very thankful for a hint, this thing is stealing my time to the limit.

Last edited by iceman20k; 06-29-2013 at 15:03.
iceman20k
Old 07-10-2013 , 00:16   Re: SRCDS (CSS) not listed in Steam Game Browser
Reply With Quote #6

Hi again,

a little progress: My first server is still not listed. Anyway, i launched a second one, initially with maxplayers set to 26. The server (other machine, other datacenter) was not listed. I launched it again with maxplayers set to 16 but didn't instantly looked for it. However, 6 hours later i searched for it (map name) and it was listed!

Anyone of you ever encountered that the maxplayer value has influence on the listing in steam? (But maybe it was just the time of 6 hours it took to list up...)

I leave this server now as is, finally i got a server that is listed and players join.
BTW: The server is a Quad Xeon 2.6 Ghz with 16GB Ram, it easily could run 4 of those 24 maxplayer srcds's.

Last edited by iceman20k; 07-10-2013 at 00:18.