AimBot Detection

Post New Thread Reply   

Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-24-2009 , 23:30   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #511

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauliusBa View Post
There at least could be a cvar for that... I always notice the Aimbot Detector messages. And only people with ADMIN_CVAR access can see them anyway, because not all admins understand the principles of this plugin (and they don't need to) because could get confused.
PS: I have added a " * " in front of every aimbot message in .sma, that means exclamation. Some more important messages use ** [sth] sth - that is the way most plugins are done. Regular announcements don't have the " * ", so strings with that " * " do get noticed.
* [Aimbot Detector - autowatch] blah blah
I never miss them. Colorizing them would not only, in my opinion, make it look less professional, but annoy some admins, too. It's just that people get checked occasionally.
"Aimbot Detected" stuff, though, could be in color.

PS: i had sumbitted "final" [lt] ML some time ago.
Good idea paulis. I also thought about removing some notifications that aren't really important. I was thinking narrowing it down to only notifying when:

- a watch is applied (manual or auto)
- a watch is removed manually
- a player passes a watch session (goes undetected) and watch removed (manual and auto)
- when a player is detected.

Items to remove:
- Server currently full, cannot spawn aimbot detection bot.
- Could not spawn bot due to victim location.
- Could not spawn bot because watched player is too close to victim.
- Aimbot watch on %s was stopped since the player has disconnected.
- %s has connected and shoot-blanks punishment has been re-applied.

What do you guys think? Currently it displays just about everything the plugin does which can be annoying.

I have been messing around with the colors and think I like this method the best. I am not going to use the * just for the sake of saving line space. I think the [Aimbot Detector] header is big enough.

All notifications OTHER then a player getting detected (normal chat)
[Aimbot Detector] Now watching bugsy

Player detected:
[Aimbot Detector] Bugsy was detected using an aimbot!!!

Last edited by Bugsy; 02-24-2009 at 23:47.
Gizmo
Old 02-25-2009 , 02:27   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #512

Sounds good, no one needs to know if bot is spawned or not anyway.
Old 02-25-2009 , 04:28   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #513

For new users of this plugin, having an option to turn on verbose mode would be useful. It helps understand what the plugin is doing (or not doing), and how it works. I suggest you provide a cvar or define for how much stuff the plugin outputs to chat.
Output:
- Verbose: Notifications could be as is, everything is output
- Regular: Like you suggested in previous post
- Minimal: Only output when it does detect something/someone

I know I would probably start out with verbose, and then proceed to use regular mode after a while.

I also agree that coloring can be a bit much, some of us already have other plugins to color anything in amx_chat. I like the idea of putting 1 asterix * in front of medium important messages, and ** in front of extra important ones. I do however see your point about length, so if I was to choose coloring, I would only color the detected-line as you propose, but I would use red color to symbolize danger/something negative, and only color the words "detected" and/or "aimbot". I don't see any logic in coloring the header of the message.

Thanks a lot for the continued effort, gotta love the idea behind this.

Last edited by supergreg; 02-25-2009 at 04:31.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-25-2009 , 08:07   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #514

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergreg View Post
For new users of this plugin, having an option to turn on verbose mode would be useful. It helps understand what the plugin is doing (or not doing), and how it works. I suggest you provide a cvar or define for how much stuff the plugin outputs to chat.
Output:
- Verbose: Notifications could be as is, everything is output
- Regular: Like you suggested in previous post
- Minimal: Only output when it does detect something/someone

I know I would probably start out with verbose, and then proceed to use regular mode after a while.

I also agree that coloring can be a bit much, some of us already have other plugins to color anything in amx_chat. I like the idea of putting 1 asterix * in front of medium important messages, and ** in front of extra important ones. I do however see your point about length, so if I was to choose coloring, I would only color the detected-line as you propose, but I would use red color to symbolize danger/something negative, and only color the words "detected" and/or "aimbot". I don't see any logic in coloring the header of the message.

Thanks a lot for the continued effort, gotta love the idea behind this.
You make good points and I agree with what you say about the levels of notification. The only reason I added notifications for everything is so the user would know that the plugin is working and there are reasons behind, for example, the bot not being spawned due to full server or due to victim location. I will add a cvar to control the level of notification. I think coloring of the header will look neater than coloring a random word within the message. Being it will only be colored on an aimbot detection I think it is just enough to catch an admins eye at the same time not be overwhelming since it will be very infrequent. Unfortunately, red can only be displayed for players on terrorist team (as blue can only be displayed for CT's). Green can be shown for either team.

+karma

Edit: I added a cvar to control the level of notifications:

ad_verbosemode, default 3

VERBOSE_0 //Nofication disabled
VERBOSE_1 //Display detections only
VERBOSE_2 //Display only when watches enabled\disable and when player detected
VERBOSE_3 //Display everything

Last edited by Bugsy; 02-25-2009 at 08:27.
flintridge
Old 02-25-2009 , 09:09   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
Good idea paulis. I also thought about removing some notifications that aren't really important. I was thinking narrowing it down to only notifying when:

- a watch is applied (manual or auto)
- a watch is removed manually
- a player passes a watch session (goes undetected) and watch removed (manual and auto)
- when a player is detected.

Items to remove:
- Server currently full, cannot spawn aimbot detection bot.
- Could not spawn bot due to victim location.
- Could not spawn bot because watched player is too close to victim.
- Aimbot watch on %s was stopped since the player has disconnected.
- %s has connected and shoot-blanks punishment has been re-applied.

What do you guys think? Currently it displays just about everything the plugin does which can be annoying.

I have been messing around with the colors and think I like this method the best. I am not going to use the * just for the sake of saving line space. I think the [Aimbot Detector] header is big enough.

All notifications OTHER then a player getting detected (normal chat)
[Aimbot Detector] Now watching bugsy

Player detected:
[Aimbot Detector] Bugsy was detected using an aimbot!!!
I personally love the notifications as they are, i do not think coloring them make much of a difference, but i would not like to see any of the notifications go away either. If someone wants them removed they can comment them out cant they?

Or if it is annoying to some people make it a cvar on/off option.
Old 02-25-2009 , 09:10   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
You make good points and I agree with what you say about the levels of notification. The only reason I added notifications for everything is so the user would know that the plugin is working and there are reasons behind, for example, the bot not being spawned due to full server or due to victim location. I will add a cvar to control the level of notification. I think coloring of the header will look neater than coloring a random word within the message. Being it will only be colored on an aimbot detection I think it is just enough to catch an admins eye at the same time not be overwhelming since it will be very infrequent. Unfortunately, red can only be displayed for players on terrorist team (as blue can only be displayed for CT's). Green can be shown for either team.

+karma

Edit: I added a cvar to control the level of notifications:

ad_verbosemode, default 3

VERBOSE_0 //Nofication disabled
VERBOSE_1 //Display detections only
VERBOSE_2 //Display only when watches enabled\disable and when player detected
VERBOSE_3 //Display everything
Thank you!
Old 02-25-2009 , 11:58   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #517

I also had a thought about the actual detection process. I was thinking of adding an option (via cvar) where you can select the method of detection:

1. Detect if the bot is shot and meets the hit criteria (current method)
2. When the bot is spawned, check if the watched player is aiming at the bot. If so, detect.

The reasoning is I originally designed the detection process with auto-shoot under the impression that forcing +attack on a player was equivalent to forcing a MOUSE1. The intention was to make the aimbots aim that are bound to MOUSE1 and only aim when the client fires. Being this is not the case, if the player aims at the bot once it is spawned, it really doesn't matter if the shooting takes place because the bullets only will hit if he is already aiming anyway (aimbots that aim whenever an enemy is in FOV). I did bring this up in the past and a few said don't change it but having the option to do so will allow us to see how this new method will work.

What do you guys think?
Old 02-25-2009 , 12:02   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #518

I think its worth a try
Maybe you should make it log if it was a aim only or hit by bullets detection?
Old 02-25-2009 , 17:04   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #519

I will add one more vote to not liking the colorization at all. One thing i know for sure, I will have a hard time converting everything back to normal messages, cuz I don't want this plugin to use colored messages.

Just and idea:
If a plugin can detect players aiming point, maybe it could detect recoil scripts/anti-recoild hacks, if there is a tendency for robotic (inhuman) movements?

Last edited by PauliusBa; 02-25-2009 at 17:22.
Owyn
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2009 , 17:10   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #520

why not?
Send a message via ICQ to Owyn