Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Add MC to Sourcebans?

Post New Thread Reply   

Ren3gade
Old 09-19-2013 , 14:16   Add MC to Sourcebans?
Reply With Quote #1

I know there is a way to add a minecraft server into source bans. Can someone give me a brief tutorial on how to do this?

I have looked at these..
Ehbans: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/ehbans/
Looks like updated Ehbans: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/sourcebans-mc/

But I see no tutorial on how to configure it.

Thanks for the help.
Ren3gade
Old 09-21-2013 , 00:42   Re: Add MC to Sourcebans?
Reply With Quote #2

Guess no one can help me with this?
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 09-21-2013 , 02:44   Re: Add MC to Sourcebans?
Reply With Quote #3

Honestly, most of us are not familiar with Minecraft implementations of SourceBans, this is the first I've even heard of it and I've been an off and on member of the development team since its inception.

In terms of supporting third party implementations you would have to rely on that third party for said support.

Also, it looks like this relies on a 1.x version of SourceBans, it will not work with SourceBans 2 (at least not right now) but there's plenty of documentation for third parties to develop their own plugins and/or interfaces to sourcebans 2.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
Ren3gade
Old 09-21-2013 , 17:15   Re: Add MC to Sourcebans?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMongoose View Post
Honestly, most of us are not familiar with Minecraft implementations of SourceBans, this is the first I've even heard of it and I've been an off and on member of the development team since its inception.

In terms of supporting third party implementations you would have to rely on that third party for said support.

Also, it looks like this relies on a 1.x version of SourceBans, it will not work with SourceBans 2 (at least not right now) but there's plenty of documentation for third parties to develop their own plugins and/or interfaces to sourcebans 2.
Okay I will ask elsewhere and see if I can get some help. Thanks
Blackglade
Old 09-22-2013 , 12:24   Re: Add MC to Sourcebans?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMongoose View Post

Well actually it is ENTIRELY possible... All i think you would have to do is maybe edit the sourcebans 2.0 and add a new game mode. Here i am assuming that sourcebans uses SourceQuery (or atleast i think so anyway) and SourceQuery supports querying Minecraft Servers since well... uses the Source RCON protocol. So yes it is entirely possible to do this, even without an external plugin.

I however am not sure how banning would work as you would need to create a separate plugin in Java that is similar to the sourcepawn plugin to add bans and such.

Last edited by Blackglade; 09-22-2013 at 12:26.
Ren3gade
Old 09-22-2013 , 13:10   Re: Add MC to Sourcebans?
Reply With Quote #6

Well the whole banning part from sourcebans to MC is a good thing. But I'm most certainly just wanting the MC server to show up on my server list on sourcebans and how many players are in it, as of right now.
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2013 , 17:19   Re: Add MC to Sourcebans?
Reply With Quote #7

i thought sourcebans was for source games? i doubt they will ever make it for MC
Old 09-22-2013 , 21:20   Re: Add MC to Sourcebans?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyric View Post
i thought sourcebans was for source games? i doubt they will ever make it for MC
They already have. It's just outdated i think.
FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 09-23-2013 , 00:34   Re: Add MC to Sourcebans?
Reply With Quote #9

The core sourcebans development team only supports source games, any outside game support is a third party. That third party would need to provide support for their modification.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers