Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

amxbans 4.0

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Gunny
Old 12-04-2004 , 09:47  

I am getting this error when I ban from the website add ban menu
Code:
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'VALUES ('', '1102167517', '24.174.95.59', 'Jdaw', 'add ban', 'b
Anyone have a clue what I need to correct.
TEAM FORTRESS 2 - 70.85.30.25:27015
COUNTER-STRIKE SOURCE - 70.85.30.22:27015
COUNTER-STRIKE SOURCE DEATH MATCH - 70.85.30.23:27015
Kamikaze
Old 12-04-2004 , 15:27  

I can't get the Admin access to work at all, I have installed the admin.amxx file and I have everything else working like a charm but Admin access will not work.

I have everything entered in correctly for admin access so that's not the problem.

How did you guys fix this?

I was reading through, I already have +ip <WAN IP> set on my servers.

NOTE: I have 3 servers running this.

EDIT: Ok I got the Admin access to finally work, I discovered banning ppl doesn't write to the database on any of the three servers and the setting are all correct because I've been though everything hundreds of times trying to get this mod working.
Send a message via ICQ to Kamikaze Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kamikaze
Mr.McRib
Old 12-05-2004 , 05:23  

On the website under "servers" my server ip shows up as localhost:27015.
I have 2 servers on that ip and the last one to start has the ip localhost:27015 even though one of them is on port 27017.
The Hostname shows up correctly and which ever server was last to start will allow admin access. Oh my website and mysql are not on the gameserver box.
anyone know what this is?
QuakerOates
Old 12-05-2004 , 06:21  

OK i got ambans 4.0 to work via web but how do I add servers to it? thx

But the admin.amxx plugin dont work:
Quote:
108:40 amx_pausecfg list
108:40
----- Pause Plugins: Loaded plugins -----
name version author file status
[ 1] unknown unknown unknown admin.amxx bad load
AMX Mod X v1.0 dont seem to work

ANy1 got the working plugin on this version of amx thx.
Old 12-05-2004 , 12:29  

How can anyone get this to work without disabling the amx_ban and amx_banip in the standard AMX commands?

I figured out by disabling it, bans are now writing to the database.

Go to admincmd.sma file:

Find these lines:

Code:
register_concmd("amx_ban","cmdBan",ADMIN_BAN,"<name or #userid> <minutes> [reason]")
register_concmd("amx_banip","cmdBanIP",ADMIN_BAN,"<name or #userid> <minutes> [reason]")
Change to:

Code:
//register_concmd("amx_ban","cmdBan",ADMIN_BAN,"<name or #userid> <minutes> [reason]")
//register_concmd("amx_banip","cmdBanIP",ADMIN_BAN,"<name or #userid> <minutes> [reason]")
Then recompile that file.

This should be added to the readme.htm, there's no way it should work if there's two of the same command.
Send a message via ICQ to Kamikaze Send a message via AIM to Kamikaze Send a message via MSN to Kamikaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kamikaze
Kamikaze
Old 12-05-2004 , 12:34  

YoMama, you don't have the lastest version of the Admin plugin with your plugin, your missing a bug fix from November 4th:

Line 170:

Add:

Code:
g_aNum = 0
Line 240:

Remove:

Code:
g_aNum = 0
Kamikaze
Old 12-05-2004 , 12:36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerOates
OK i got ambans 4.0 to work via web but how do I add servers to it? thx

But the admin.amxx plugin dont work:
Quote:
108:40 amx_pausecfg list
108:40
----- Pause Plugins: Loaded plugins -----
name version author file status
[ 1] unknown unknown unknown admin.amxx bad load
AMX Mod X v1.0 dont seem to work

ANy1 got the working plugin on this version of amx thx.
So you used the already compile file that comes with AMXBANS?

If not try that, if so compile it yourself.
QuakerOates
Old 12-05-2004 , 12:39  

i have done, used the one hat came with amxbans and also compiled it my self.

Both version come up with bad load =/
Old 12-05-2004 , 23:44  

Now I can't get the Admins to work again, I guess I'm going to try a different version of Mysql, I created all the tables and that didn't fix it.

If not I'm going to try to come up with my own fix if I can find one, probably a bug in this plugin but I want to see if there's a glitch in Mysql first.

Bans work fine but Admin access doesn't, this plugin is the most frustrating plugin I have ever tried to used.

Is this something anyone else has a problem with?

EDIT: Figured out after reinstalling the database and confirming the admins that it finally works, why do you need to confirm admins anyways?

This confirmation this plugin has is extremely buggy, when I renamed the name of the server which it defaults to Half-life, it stops working.

I run three servers on ports 27015, 27017, 27018 thats running this plugin, it only creates two servers with addresses:
WANIP:27015
localhost:27015

Why isn't it creating the servers for the other ports?

Mysql 4.1/5.0 doesn't work with AMXX, I discovered this and placed this in the Bug Reports Forums.

Don't think I'm downplaying this great plugin, I'm just stating my finding after days and days of messing around with this plugin, nice work on this great addon.
Kamikaze
Old 12-06-2004 , 02:39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerOates
i have done, used the one hat came with amxbans and also compiled it my self.

Both version come up with bad load =/
Does the standard admin.amxx plugin even load?

I can't see why it's not loading, you should consider disabling all custom plugins and post what your finding are, if nothing else just reinstall AMXX, maybe something got corrupted.
Closed Thread