Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]

Post New Thread Reply   

`666
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-21-2009 , 16:36   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #581

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusLtu View Post
How can I remove that Game SCXPM 17.0?
I want that my game would be Counter-Strike like default.

And how I can make that 1 kill = 10 or 15 xp? Because xp for kill is to low for me.

And one more question. How to save XP, Medals and Lvls? Because they are not saving.
Controll variables (CVars):
amx_scxpm_gamename 1 // If set to 1 the game name will be "SCXPM 17.0"
amx_scxpm_xpgain 1.0 // The experience a player gains is value * 5 per score point
xD_1991
Old 06-28-2009 , 04:34   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #582

when the map changes or the player leaves,everything gets reset
AdamR
Old 06-28-2009 , 07:44   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #583

Sounds like your vault file is being overwritten or deleted.

Adam Reece - Sven Co-op team.
Send a message via Skype™ to AdamR
Old 06-28-2009, 11:04
xD_1991
This message has been deleted by xD_1991.
AdamR
Old 06-28-2009 , 11:33   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #584

"Vault file exists"

Not what I suggested ;) it could be write-protected.

Adam Reece - Sven Co-op team.
Send a message via Skype™ to AdamR
Mirun.Frontier
Old 06-28-2009 , 23:39   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #585

Anyway how to prevent getting an ARgrenade when you use your mp5 on sven, so you dont get a M16?

I know how, but I want it so that when you have an M16 in your hand, you get ARgrenades for that only, and minigun ammo. Problem is, I don't know the weaponid of the m16, and m249.
Old 06-29-2009 , 10:11   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #586

How do you remove skills like Team Power?
pump1er
Old 07-10-2009 , 21:25   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #587

i tried to read thru all of the pages befor asking this but my eyes started going crazy after 12.. after having a battle finding a amx that worked i come to the problem where scxpm doesent load when i start my game i am using this ver of amx. amxmodx-installer-1.8.1 from what i can tell amx is working correctly but when i create my listen server its like scxpm is not in, i have it in the plugins which is where i think its supposed to go. if i can figure this out ill host a dedicated
Wrd
Old 07-29-2009 , 01:35   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #588

Hello peeps,

I'm back!!!

I haven't been visiting this forum for a while now.
the reason is that I had to shutdown my server that was running a cs server with this mod (my own version). The server was using too much bandwidth. In the meantime I kinda lost interest. Finished my studies, got a fulltime job and got a girlfriend

After a while I got bored ans started surfing aimlessly on the internet. And remembered something about an amx mod I edited.

So I'm back to give some support!!!

I only read the last two pages and aparently a new version of sven coop came out. I really don't have any experience with sc. But I can try.
Can someone that has been following this forum make a quick summary what happend since my last post?
supergreg
Old 07-29-2009 , 07:48   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #589

Wrd: I have been using your version on a 16 player server for 2 months now. It works great up to about 5-6 players, then the server starts to lag. This happens for every player at the same time, the HUD freezes on each client, for 2-6 seconds, and this is more frequent the more players there are. This stops happening as soon as I turn off this mod. I assume this is due to sql queries (saving levels etc).

So, I have request, which I really hope you can consider:
Rewrite to threaded sql queries, all of them if possible. Maybe see if there is a way to not write to sql so often. I guess you need to execute functions based on a query return/success sometimes, this should be possible by either having several queryhandlers or something like this:

PHP Code:
public SQL_QueryHandle(failstateHandle:queryerror[], errcodedata[], dataSize)
{
    new 
qString[XL_BUFF 1];

SQL_GetQueryString(queryqStringXL_BUFF);

if(
failstate)
    {
        if(
failstate == TQUERY_CONNECT_FAILED)
        {

log_amx("SQL_QueryHandle connect fail for query ^"%s^"."qString);
        }
        else if(
failstate == TQUERY_QUERY_FAILED)
        {

log_amx("SQL_QueryHandle query fail for query ^"%s^"."qString);
        }
        if(
errcode)
        {

log_amx("Query error! Errornum: %i, Error: %s"errcodeerror);

log_amx("Original query: ^"%s^")"qString);
            return 
false;
        }
    }
    else
    {
        if(
g_debugLevel >= 3)
        {

server_print("[%s] Query successful: ^"%s^")"g_szPluginNameqString);
        }

// Here we can exec any function based on params in data[]

if(dataSize && data[0] > 0)
        {
            if(
data[0] == 1)
            {

sqlResult SQL_ReadResult(query0);

myFunction(sqlResult);
            }
        }
    }
    return 
PLUGIN_CONTINUE;

Keep up the good work
Wrd
Old 07-29-2009 , 08:32   Re: Sven Cooperative Experience Mod [Current Version: 17.0]
Reply With Quote #590

I can imagine that the server lags because of the ammount of queries.

in this post http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=517 I added a cvar called scxpm_save_frequent. If it's set to 1 the xp get's saved at every xp gain. With 16 players it will generate alot of queries. So just set it to 0;

I had a cs server with 14 players and it did not lag when 14 players were playing. This was nog because there weren't enough xp gains because it had the gungame mod installed.

I think my server did not lag because of the server hardware. I use a quadcore xeon (2.66 Ghz) and more than enough memory.

This is not a good reason for not fixing this isseu. I'm still at work at the moment. If I'm done woring I'll have a look at it.

== Edit
After some research I found this: http://www.amxmodx.org/funcwiki.php?go=module&id=23
I'll update the plugin for threaded queries support.
It might take some time because I have to setup a testserver.

Last edited by Wrd; 07-29-2009 at 09:22.