Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)

Post New Thread Reply   

Kink
Old 01-07-2010 , 15:31   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #101

Hey, I have a 32man server Ive been running for a while now and just just just found out about this mod. However I won't install it now if it wont be supported, plus if it is old code it seems a bit pointless when maybe I could encourage you to rewrite it with your newfound knowledge =).

If Prophunt can have full servers 24/7 (I cant understand this myself but hey, each to their own =) I would love to run a working hunted mod on my server. Ideally I would like the original hunted maps from Team Fortress as they allowed defenders to get to the attackers quickly due to the map structure as well as allowing lots of hidey holes for sniper etc. Which imo is quite important now that we have the Direct Hit which will demolish classes at range.

Is there any chance you would put in the time and effort to redo this mod? or modify it so it is up to date? Maybe adding a Cvar to limit the use of the direct hit would be nice too? I am desperate for some new game types and this really has some potentian.

The other game type i REALLY miss from the old TF is football =). Ive no idea how difficult it would be to code, I assume pretty tough with being able to kick the football and detect when you get a goal etc =/. Either way, Im impressed with what you did here and mybe in a couple weeks Ill give it a try anyways so I can at least answer your question =).
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2010 , 07:19   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #102

Hi, I realize that working on a mod takes time and effort, things that aren't easy to spare when you can be pretty busy IRL. I would like to let you know though that having found this mod we are pretty excited to check it out. If you find the time to work on it, that would be awesome! Does anyone know if it works the way that it is now? Or have some of the new TF2 updates messed with some of the settings?
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2010 , 17:57   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #103

Anyone have a copy of vip_hunted.bsp that I can get a copy of? I would like to test out this mod and what better way than to use a map created by the creator of the mod?
gH0sTy
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-19-2010 , 07:56   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #104

vip_chrrgg_v5
vip_hunted
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 05-19-2010 , 09:50   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #105

I really mean it when I say that this is something I'd like to rewrite by the end of the... um, year.

I don't know if that vip_hunted is the most recent version. I'll link to the most recent version in a little while, I have to find the URL for it. The map really needs to be rebuilt since the person helping me make it really fucked up the geometry and it was pretty unsuable.
Old 05-20-2010 , 17:54   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #106

@gHOsTy: Thanks for those!

@msleeper: Cool! I look forward to any work you do with this plugin. We had some fun using it the other day. It worked great on Gravelpit! We had an issue with Goldrush in that the red team spawned in the wrong part of the map and then on Badwater after the payload was captured nobody won but we are ok with just using CP maps like Gravelpit.

Nice job with the plugin!
jameless
Veteran Member
Old 05-20-2010 , 18:03   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #107

@gHOsTy: I tried the link you put up of msleeper's vip_hunted but megaupload wouldn't move from 0KB. Can you perhaps reupload it for me?

If not I can wait til msleeper gets a chance to upload his latest version.

Thanks in either case.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 05-27-2010 , 09:35   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #108

Okay, here is the latest, most recent version of vip_hunted, built by me and MrTwoVideoCards:

http://fastdownload.f7lans.com/tf2/maps/vip_hunted_042.bsp.bz2

It should be fully functional, if unfinished in most of the areas. Enjoy.
Old 05-27-2010 , 15:44   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #109

Thanks a bunch msleeper!
iSpy
Old 07-17-2011 , 18:22   Re: The Hunted Mod v1.2.1 (8/12/08)
Reply With Quote #110

Noob question -

In what folders are the "mapname.cfg" files kept?

I downloaded a map named cp_sawtooth_a2 and I only want Hunted to come on on that map. Where can I set cvar for that map only?