Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D,L4D2,TF2] BuiltinVotes 0.5.8 (2013-01-29)

Post New Thread Reply   

Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 11-17-2012 , 20:33   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2] BuiltinVotes 0.5.7 (2012-03-06)
Reply With Quote #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejeskifly View Post
+1 for cs:go support

I use this extension for my tf2 server, and i want it for my cs:go server
Does CS:GO have voting?
Old 11-17-2012 , 21:22   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2] BuiltinVotes 0.5.7 (2012-03-06)
Reply With Quote #222

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
Does CS:GO have voting?
Yes.
Old 11-18-2012 , 19:17   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2] BuiltinVotes 0.5.7 (2012-03-06)
Reply With Quote #223

So I'm a little confused here..

Does this extension have any SERVER crashing problems? Or is it limited to just the extension?
Really interested in it, wrote my own voting system, but players keep complaining about the current vote menus interfering with TF2 weapon switches

And, any ETA on the plugin version? Or, do you need any help with the plugin version? I'd gladly write a bit of it if it gave you some motivation >.>

RCON Helper | [TF2] LogUpload | CCC Donator Tags | PHP Steam API Wrapper

Last edited by Nikkii; 11-18-2012 at 19:20.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-18-2012 , 19:44   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2] BuiltinVotes 0.5.7 (2012-03-06)
Reply With Quote #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkii View Post
So I'm a little confused here..

Does this extension have any SERVER crashing problems? Or is it limited to just the extension?

And, any ETA on the plugin version? Or, do you need any help with the plugin version? I'd gladly write a bit of it if it gave you some motivation >.>
I was working on it as recently as Friday. It'll hopefully be ready for testing sometime soon (at least for TF2; other games will be implemented once I know the core is working properly).

I had to make a few changes to how the plugin is arranged, and I still need to make a few more.

There is also at least one major change that has to be made due to me writing it as a plugin: the introduction of NativeVotes_CloseVote(vote) which, if not called instead of CloseHandle on a NativeVotes Handle, will cause 3 Handles to leak for every vote. This is due to each NativeVotes Handle having references to forward and arrays that won't be auto-closed.

There's also the eternal question of "where do I implement !revote and !votecancel" The base versions of these are in the basecommands plugin... NativeVotes will likely have its own nativevotes_basecommands plugin that implements those two commands. For reference, !votecancel isn't implemented at all for BuiltinVotes.

Looking to the future, this plugin will likely be one of the first plugins to use Structs once they're introduced in SourcePawn 2.0, provided SP2 has the ability to pass structs between plugins. Right now, almost everywhere a Handle is passed would be easy to switch to passing a struct instead.

Last edited by Powerlord; 11-18-2012 at 19:45.
Nikkii
Old 11-18-2012 , 21:30   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2] BuiltinVotes 0.5.7 (2012-03-06)
Reply With Quote #225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I was working on it as recently as Friday. It'll hopefully be ready for testing sometime soon (at least for TF2; other games will be implemented once I know the core is working properly).

I had to make a few changes to how the plugin is arranged, and I still need to make a few more.

There is also at least one major change that has to be made due to me writing it as a plugin: the introduction of NativeVotes_CloseVote(vote) which, if not called instead of CloseHandle on a NativeVotes Handle, will cause 3 Handles to leak for every vote. This is due to each NativeVotes Handle having references to forward and arrays that won't be auto-closed.

There's also the eternal question of "where do I implement !revote and !votecancel" The base versions of these are in the basecommands plugin... NativeVotes will likely have its own nativevotes_basecommands plugin that implements those two commands. For reference, !votecancel isn't implemented at all for BuiltinVotes.

Looking to the future, this plugin will likely be one of the first plugins to use Structs once they're introduced in SourcePawn 2.0, provided SP2 has the ability to pass structs between plugins. Right now, almost everywhere a Handle is passed would be easy to switch to passing a struct instead.
Very nice, let me know when it's done and I'll be happy to help test, hell, if you need a server to test on I could possibly let you use one.

RCON Helper | [TF2] LogUpload | CCC Donator Tags | PHP Steam API Wrapper

Last edited by Nikkii; 11-18-2012 at 21:45.
SuperRaWR
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-01-2013 , 04:51   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2] BuiltinVotes 0.5.7 (2012-03-06)
Reply With Quote #226

I'm unsure if this has been fixed, but I believe I'm using the latest version. I'm also using the linux patch to fix the library rename issue with the update in october.

Whenever I call a vote (tested using the bundled alltalkvote plugin), it crashes the server.

Here is a dump: http://www.wdzclan.com/users/superra...01014330_1.dmp

I use event scripts.
Send a message via Skype™ to SuperRaWR
moxie2020
Veteran Member
Old 01-07-2013 , 13:47   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2] BuiltinVotes 0.5.7 (2012-03-06)
Reply With Quote #227

Are there any voting plugins that take advantage of this extension?

Ideally, I want to find something like custom votes where regular players can start votes after a 2 or 3 people use a vote command and Admins can trigger instant votes.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-07-2013 , 14:06   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2] BuiltinVotes 0.5.7 (2012-03-06)
Reply With Quote #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie2020 View Post
Are there any voting plugins that take advantage of this extension?

Ideally, I want to find something like custom votes where regular players can start votes after a 2 or 3 people use a vote command and Admins can trigger instant votes.
As far as I'm aware, only map vote plugins currently use this extension.

Also, keep a look out for NativeVotes, the plugin version of this extension. I hope to start testing on it near the end of the month.
Old 01-15-2013 , 10:42   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2] BuiltinVotes 0.5.7 (2012-03-06)
Reply With Quote #229

I've been using BuiltinVoteType_Custom_YesNo for a variety of self-policing server votes. I was wondering about possibility of adding a threshold for the Yes outcome, so that more than half need to agree to vote before it passes.

Also the possibility of being able to switch the order of the options, F1-No, F2-Yes, rather than F1-Yes, F2-No.

The main reason for the above is because some players, by their own admission, just stab F1 without looking when a vote appears.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-15-2013 , 10:50   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2] BuiltinVotes 0.5.7 (2012-03-06)
Reply With Quote #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfrog View Post
I've been using BuiltinVoteType_Custom_YesNo for a variety of self-policing server votes. I was wondering about possibility of adding a threshold for the Yes outcome, so that more than half need to agree to vote before it passes.

Also the possibility of being able to switch the order of the options, F1-No, F2-Yes, rather than F1-Yes, F2-No.

The main reason for the above is because some players, by their own admission, just stab F1 without looking when a vote appears.
You'd do it the same way you'd do it with the standard SourceMod menu API: Register a vote results callback and divide item_info[0][VOTEINFO_ITEM_VOTES] by num_votes (casting one or both to floats) to get a percentage.

Edit: It might be BUILTINVOTES_VOTE_YES instead of 0, I forget.

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-15-2013 at 16:02.