Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

static_assert errors when compiling stub_mm

Post New Thread Reply   

shortguy
Old 08-02-2015 , 02:56   static_assert errors when compiling stub_mm
Reply With Quote #1

Hi there,

I've been trying to compile the stub_mm included with the metamod source files but I can't seem to get around errors relating to static_assert

Code:
In file included from ../core/sourcehook/sourcehook.h:118:0,
                 from ../core/ISmmPlugin.h:37,
                 from stub_mm.h:18,
                 from stub_mm.cpp:16:
../core/sourcehook/FastDelegate.h:181:2: error: identifier ‘static_assert’ is a keyword in C++11 [-Werror=c++0x-compat]
  static_assert(sizeof(InputClass)==sizeof(u) && sizeof(InputClass)==sizeof(Outp
  ^
In file included from ../core/sourcehook/sourcehook.h:118:0,
                 from ../core/ISmmPlugin.h:37,
                 from stub_mm.h:18,
                 from stub_mm.cpp:16:
../core/sourcehook/FastDelegate.h: In function ‘OutputClass fastdelegate::detail::horrible_cast(InputClass)’:
../core/sourcehook/FastDelegate.h:182:29: error: there are no arguments to ‘static_assert’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘static_assert’ must be available [-fpermissive]
    "Can't use horrible cast");
                             ^
../core/sourcehook/FastDelegate.h:182:29: note: (if you use ‘-fpermissive’, G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
../core/sourcehook/FastDelegate.h: In static member function ‘static fastdelegate::detail::GenericClass* fastdelegate::detail::SimplifyMemFunc<N>::Convert(X*, XFuncType, GenericMemFuncType&)’:
../core/sourcehook/FastDelegate.h:297:82: error: there are no arguments to ‘static_assert’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘static_assert’ must be available [-fpermissive]
 atic_assert(N >= 100, "Unsupported memeber function pointer on this compiler")
Code:
../core/sourcehook/FastDelegate.h:799:16: error: ‘static_assert’ was not declared in this scope
   static_assert(sizeof(UnvoidStaticFuncPtr)==sizeof(this), "Can't use evil meth
Anyone have any ideas why this would happen? I thought static_assert is a part of c++1X, why would it give me errors that its not declared in the scope.

I have tried using GCC4.1, GCC4.8 and GCC5.2.

Any ideas?
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 08-02-2015 , 05:16   Re: static_assert errors when compiling stub_mm
Reply With Quote #2

The Makefile you are using to compile it is not up to date and does not include the required --std=c++11 flag.
Old 08-02-2015 , 06:32   Re: static_assert errors when compiling stub_mm
Reply With Quote #3

Wow that makes me feel dumb. I should have checked that it actually used c++11 before wondering that.

Should I submit a PR to get this flag merged into the sample projects in the metamod repo?