Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 11-01-2008 , 16:32   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

what exactly should work with mysql? there is a feature planned that will write statistics to a mysql database but as you are speaking of changes you make in directories i guess you are speaking about configuration changes? maybe the serverlist in an sql database?
just tell me what you think of exactly.
Veteran Member
Old 11-01-2008 , 21:17   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

i finished redirect_countbots from what i can do but had to find out that it does not work because of a bug that valve has to fix.

Mordekay, you should have been somewhat more precise before, when you were talking about the protocol problems kenterfie mentioned.
now that i found the thread you were talking about many things become more clear to me.

i also read some other threads in the official steam forum and it seems that all things Mordekay mentionend in the HLSW forum are still true:

1) bot counter does not work anymore
what an irony, now that after a long time i finally want to implement that valve broke it. it randomly says 1 or 0 - but according to the protocol definition it should be telling the number of bots on the server. HLSW seems to subtract the number of bots from the number of current players (the same thing i am doing with xREDIRECT), so on my empty server with 4 bots it says 3(4)/13 when it should display 0(4)/13 - the same for xREDIRECT, it says there are 3 players on the server - when the reported bot count is 1.
2) map change is displayed with a delay
after a map change the server still reports to have the old map running for some time (10 seconds and more). the bug is visible in steams very own server browser and of course also in all other external tools like HLSW and xREDIRECT, as they can only rely on what they are being told by the server and thus are displaying the wrong map for some time.
there is a timeleft issue too, but that doesn't affect xREDIRECT as this value isn't used anywhere.

unfortunately people requesting valve to change this usually get some default answer, telling them that the creator of the external tool has to change his program. which is especially stupid when talking about HLSW, because it supports source servers since years and the protocol that is being used now IS the source protocol (apart from the added bugs)...
sometimes they also answer that they aren't supporting servers. this might be true in terms of "helping people to get it running" or something - but these people don't want personal support, they want that the bugs in HLDS are fixed...

so when i see this i don't think there will be a fix soon. i mean, fixing e.g. the bot count can't be very complicated - it worked with the old protocol so what is the problem with taking what they have in the old variable anyway and put it into the stream that is sent over the network instead of sending the wrong value they are currently using. from a programmers point of view it's a no-brainer, so i rather think it's either a political thing or the programmers just don't notice it, because the supporters don't forward the issue to them and rather answer all "these stupid users" that their external tool needs to be fixed.

Last edited by xOR; 11-01-2008 at 23:54.
fyndler
Old 11-03-2008 , 21:59   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Hi

For some reason my servers shows up in the list but it says that the servers are down wich im 100% sure they are not

And i made just as this example

[my example server]
address=example.n-ice.org
port=27015
cmdbackup=5
noauto=1
nomanual=1
nodisplay=0

[my 2nd example server]
address=example2.n-ice.org
port=27015

But my IPīs,and i putted this in amxx.cfg

redirect_active 1
redirect_auto 1
redirect_manual 1
redirect_follow 1
redirect_check_method 2
redirect_announce 120
redirect_announce_mode 3
redirect_announce_alivepos_x -1.0
redirect_announce_alivepos_y 0.01
redirect_announce_deadpos_x -1.0
redirect_announce_deadpos_y 0.35
redirect_show 1
redirect_adminslots 0
redirect_maxadmins 0
redirect_retry 0
redirect_hidedown 0
redirect_countbots 1
redirect_localslots 1

Any suggestion what the problem can be ?

Thanks

Last edited by fyndler; 11-03-2008 at 22:05.
fjollerik
Old 11-04-2008 , 05:42   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Ive got the same problem.. it worked before the "valve update"
After the update all my servers are in the list at OFFLINE, wich they are not..

How do we fix it? im sure that we are not the only ones who got this bug
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 11-04-2008 , 10:15   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Download the new version released a few days ago. It is working fine for me.

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 11-04-2008 , 12:54   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

please read the text that i have written in shiny red right next to the download links -_-
Old 11-04-2008 , 14:19   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

I am so so sorry! i just read about fyndler's error.. so i didnt look for new updates.. My bad!!
Im sorry
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 11-04-2008 , 20:12   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

yes, ok ok, it's ok dude! just don't hurt yourself, could have happened to everyone, everything's fine

as until now i have not even received a single small error report for 1.0.3b i will release it as stable soon, together with a newer beta version that includes the optional bot counting. this will probably encourage more people to get the new version, many probably just don't want to use a beta and rather live with having to set redirect_check_method to 1 or 0.
Old 11-05-2008 , 08:45   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Just wanted to drop a line. I just installed this on all slackerzz.com servers

I have a couple of ideas. This is in reply to achelies suggestion for MySQL. I would love SQL support. If you made it so we could store the server details in one SQL table, there would be one place to edit the file, instead of possibly many. I fully back that idea.

Second, is when the server is on the same IP, different port. I had this problem, but had an idea. It's not an AMX fix, and I will post my results, I have not tested it yet. On the local host, I cannot resolve a public IP address. What I am going to do is edit the host file on the computer (windows 2003) and direct the ip address to the local address.

That will hopefully make it so I can use 1 or 2 to check the status of the servers in the list.

I want to thank you for the plugin. Your work is greatly appreciated.
xOR
Veteran Member
Old 11-05-2008 , 12:15   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

telling the server its own external IP in the hosts file should work but you can as well use the solution that xREDIRECT has already inbuilt:
set the localaddress= parameter in the serverlist.ini to the local IP of the server (e.g. 192.168.0.1). if xREDIRECT finds a local address it will prefer to use this for querying instead of the external address, which is however still used for redirecting players.