Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Amx [FAKEMETA] g_pGameRules adress could not be found

Post New Thread Reply   

Stroow_
Old 04-24-2024 , 02:51   Re: Amx [FAKEMETA] g_pGameRules adress could not be found
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Maybe I'm blind (and I haven't used Windows for years now) but where did you find an installer for version 1.10.0? Though, I suspect that even the installer will allow you to not properly install the mod-specific files (the installer for 1.8.2 does allow this) so you might not have the critical files for Counter-Strike 1.6.
Oh I forgot this point due to multiple attempt and install servers... Yeah it's not an installer, but I have both (Base core and cstrike addon files from 1.10.x)
mlibre
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2024 , 17:13   Re: Amx [FAKEMETA] g_pGameRules adress could not be found
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroow_ View Post
Ah AMx version are not retrocompatible ? Because in my hlds I'm using a zombie plague plugin which already exist :Zombie Plague Special Edition.

So if I understand correctly I must use AMX 1.8 instead of 1.10 ? Or try a ReHlds ?
It should, but some things changed, breaking the compatibility of some functions, which is why you have problems when trying to run the mode that was probably run in previous versions... rule out possibilities by doing the test.

rehlds is optional, although it is recommended to use it.
Old 04-25-2024 , 10:34   Re: Amx [FAKEMETA] g_pGameRules adress could not be found
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlibre View Post
It should, but some things changed, breaking the compatibility of some functions, which is why you have problems when trying to run the mode that was probably run in previous versions... rule out possibilities by doing the test.

rehlds is optional, although it is recommended to use it.
Hummm ok I "downgrade" (delete 1 by 1 files from AMX 1.10 version) to 1.8.x last release now It crash without error logs...
Code:
L 04/25/2024 - 16:15:18: -------- Mapchange to zm_dust2 --------
L 04/25/2024 - 16:17:27: -------- Mapchange to zm_dust2 --------
L 04/25/2024 - 16:20:02: -------- Mapchange to as_oilrig --------
I would like to try ReHlds but there is no explain where did I put each files precisely...
mlibre
Veteran Member
Old 04-25-2024 , 13:10   Re: Amx [FAKEMETA] g_pGameRules adress could not be found
Reply With Quote #14

copy and paste the files into the directory, replacing the previous ones, as you are doing, there will surely be some left out. First of all, make sure you turn off the server first.
Old 04-26-2024 , 00:46   Re: Amx [FAKEMETA] g_pGameRules adress could not be found
Reply With Quote #15

I highly recommend getting the server working with all official stuff (i.e. no ReHLDS) first so that you have fewer variables to deal with.
Old 04-26-2024 , 17:14   Re: Amx [FAKEMETA] g_pGameRules adress could not be found
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
copy and paste the files into the directory, replacing the previous ones, as you are doing, there will surely be some left out. First of all, make sure you turn off the server first.
I ensured to delete one by one files from Amx 1.10 (it take me 30min) when I extract 1.8 no one file was overwritted so it's good. But not a success at all.. Amx files won't be loaded due to "wrong version".

Error log

Probably due to the fact that .smaa was compiled by Amx 1.10.x compiler ?

I decided to make a new server with same plugins :
Amx Mod x 1.8.x (Core and Addon)
Zombie Special Edition

Result : same problem...
Error log...

I try to extract bin/win32 folder from ReHlds I can't launch hlds it crash directly with missing dlls apparently

Last edited by Stroow_; 04-26-2024 at 17:19.
Old 04-26-2024, 17:49
DJEarthQuake
This message has been deleted by DJEarthQuake. Reason: 04-24-24 , 01:51 AM
mlibre
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2024 , 11:16   Re: Amx [FAKEMETA] g_pGameRules adress could not be found
Reply With Quote #17

what amxx are you using exactly and did you test? Put it in the server console: meta list
Old 04-28-2024 , 12:48   Re: Amx [FAKEMETA] g_pGameRules adress could not be found
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
what amxx are you using exactly and did you test? Put it in the server console: meta list
Like I said first, I used Amx 1.10.x because the Zp plugin I use won't compile .smaa files with Amx 1.8.x.

So after your feedbacks, I recreate a clean hlds cstrike with Amx 1.8.x but .amx files compiled from the 1.10.x amx compiler doesn't work with... (the last error from my last message)
Meta list return me :
Spoiler

Result : same error problem from both hlds... Did you understand correctly ? ^^'
Sorry for my bad english

Last edited by Stroow_; 04-28-2024 at 16:16.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 04-28-2024 , 15:22   Re: Amx [FAKEMETA] g_pGameRules adress could not be found
Reply With Quote #19

Stop thinking that you can use AMX Mod X 1.8.2 for any server today, it's not even worth trying it.