Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] backpack.tf Price Check

Post New Thread Reply   

salsav91
Old 09-09-2012 , 21:37   Re: [TF2] backpack.tf Price Check
Reply With Quote #31

I absolutely love this plugin. I cant be on my server 24/7, so I like the idea that I am giving some power to new or unsure traders when I leave. Their is one problem that I think would be great if you could implement a possible fix in a future update. Sometimes I dont remember the entire name of my item so I will put in a partial and it sends me the information of another item. Case in point if I type in Bill's it will take me to something other than my intended target "Bill''s Hat". Now it would be great if rather than taking me straight to a item, if more names match the one I am searching for it will bring up a small secondary list showing available results and allowing me to choose the correct one.

Other than that this plugin is just great and I feel confident in keeping it on my server for a very long time. I know I am new here but I just want to say how awesome this plugin is.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 09-09-2012 , 21:47   Re: [TF2] backpack.tf Price Check
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsav91 View Post
I absolutely love this plugin. I cant be on my server 24/7, so I like the idea that I am giving some power to new or unsure traders when I leave. Their is one problem that I think would be great if you could implement a possible fix in a future update. Sometimes I dont remember the entire name of my item so I will put in a partial and it sends me the information of another item. Case in point if I type in Bill's it will take me to something other than my intended target "Bill''s Hat". Now it would be great if rather than taking me straight to a item, if more names match the one I am searching for it will bring up a small secondary list showing available results and allowing me to choose the correct one.

Other than that this plugin is just great and I feel confident in keeping it on my server for a very long time. I know I am new here but I just want to say how awesome this plugin is.
On the slate for a future release.

I'm thinking something like check for ambiguity, and if there's more than one match, pop up a menu.

More than one item matched your request.
1. Baseball Bill's Sports Shine
2. Bill's Hat

0. Exit

Although if more than 9 items match, it won't display a menu. Prevents someone from typing !pc a and getting a menu with every single item that contains the character "a".
Old 09-09-2012 , 21:57   Re: [TF2] backpack.tf Price Check
Reply With Quote #33

this was the same issue for the Anger but people figure out to type "The Anger" as apposed to just Anger.
Dr. McKay
Old 09-09-2012 , 22:13   Re: [TF2] backpack.tf Price Check
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
this was the same issue for the Anger but people figure out to type "The Anger" as apposed to just Anger.
Yeah, as it is currently, it'll grab the first result in the schema. L'Etranger is higher in the schema than The Anger is.

This issue is most noticed with crates/keys. Keys are higher in the schema than crates are. Therefore, !pc mann co. supply crate returns keys always. This can be overcome using !pc "mann co. supply crate", as quotes force an exact match (case-insensitive).

This will be easier when I implement a menu when multiple items match.
Old 09-10-2012 , 00:35   Re: [TF2] backpack.tf Price Check
Reply With Quote #35

Dr. McKay, sometimes when the items are being updated, it says 600 before the item (top left of screen). Have you noticed that?

thoughts?

Again thanks so much for this plugin, folks love it and it is a huge help on the trade server!

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 09-10-2012 at 00:35. Reason: typo
Dr. McKay
Old 09-10-2012 , 00:36   Re: [TF2] backpack.tf Price Check
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
Dr. McKay, sometimes when the items are being updated, it says 600 before the item (top left of screen). Have you noticed that?

thoughts?

Again thanks so much for this plugin, folks love it and it is a huge help on the trade server!
I haven't noticed anything like this. Can you get a screenshot next time it happens?
Old 09-10-2012 , 06:44   Re: [TF2] backpack.tf Price Check
Reply With Quote #37

sure, and I will reserve this spot to edit and post the SS

Edited http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=95392840

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 09-10-2012 at 22:35.
Dr. McKay
Old 09-11-2012 , 00:03   Re: [TF2] backpack.tf Price Check
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
sure, and I will reserve this spot to edit and post the SS

Edited http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=95392840
It looks like a few days ago, the backpack.tf API was updated to include uncraftable prices, this is where the 600 is coming from. I'll update the plugin shortly.
Old 09-11-2012 , 00:15   Re: [TF2] backpack.tf Price Check
Reply With Quote #39

Plugin updated to v1.3.0. Added support for uncraftable prices.
Old 09-11-2012 , 09:13   Re: [TF2] backpack.tf Price Check
Reply With Quote #40

This is proving a big draw for players to my server - thanks for coming up with a simple to use plugin that's is super useful!