Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

FuncommandsX

Post New Thread Reply   

Ginxeng
Old 02-23-2011 , 03:59   Re: FuncommandsX
Reply With Quote #361

I went back to 1.8 and the errors stopped and the weapons are colored again.
Veteran Member
Old 02-23-2011 , 04:08   Re: FuncommandsX
Reply With Quote #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginxeng View Post
I went back to 1.8 and the errors stopped and the weapons are colored again.
so i guess by this you have no intention of helping me by checking your translation file????

EDIT: for that matter you havent even told me what game your running!

Last edited by Arg!; 02-23-2011 at 04:10.
Ginxeng
Old 02-23-2011 , 05:38   Re: FuncommandsX
Reply With Quote #363

Its not that, I went to installed 1.9 on a test server to see if the same thing was happening just to make sure the problem isn't my end. Well the test server was fine, those errors was gone. Still the weapons dont color. Now I need to see why my real server isn't reading the translation file even though its their and I have replaced it multiple times. Also the game is TF2.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-12-2011 , 15:36   Re: FuncommandsX
Reply With Quote #364

I saw in another thread that this plugin supposedly needs an update to work properly after a recent TF2 update?
Veteran Member
Old 05-12-2011 , 23:04   Re: FuncommandsX
Reply With Quote #365

Plugin updated with fix for this, see OP for details
Old 05-13-2011 , 22:00   Re: FuncommandsX
Reply With Quote #366

The updated plugin is giving me the following error repeatedly in my server console on TF2.

L 05/13/2011 - 21:56:12: [SM] Native "GetEntDataEnt2" reported: Offset -1 is invalid
L 05/13/2011 - 21:56:12: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "funcommandsX.smx":
L 05/13/2011 - 21:56:12: [SM] [0] Line 292, temp\funcommandsX/rgba.sp::SetWearablesRGBA_Impl()
L 05/13/2011 - 21:56:12: [SM] [1] Line 281, temp\funcommandsX/rgba.sp::SetWearablesRGBA()
L 05/13/2011 - 21:56:12: [SM] [2] Line 194, temp\funcommandsX/rgba.sp::hook_InventoryApplication()

I'm not sure what people are doing to cause it.
Veteran Member
Old 05-13-2011 , 22:53   Re: FuncommandsX
Reply With Quote #367

well i can see where its going wrong

PHP Code:
FindSendPropOffs(serverClass"m_hOwnerEntity"
on line 292 of rgba.sp

ive attached a version which should suppress this error BUT it might simply make the colorizing not work any more.
Can someone please test this for me?

On a similar note, i dont have an online server any more - havent even played any source engine games for over a year. Im happy enough to keep maintaining these plugins as valve updates break them and add new functionality (if its not too complicated) but i would really appreciate help from the community here to test these plugins. I might even come up with some kind of pre-release testing phase before releasing official updates to ensure people arent downloading broken plugins.
Also, a lot of people on here have been making their own fixes and releasing them on here - which i am really grateful for but i would ask a couple of things.
  • please make sure the version number is clearly different from any offical version to avoid confusion. You might also change the description to show that its a custom version.
  • dont try and make it out like its your plugin and was written by you alone. This is pretty common sense and no-ones actually done this as far as im aware.
  • please post something in this thread about your changes - this way i can check them out and integrate them back into the trunk if appropriate. Of course i always give props for contributions in the release notes.

Thanks to everyone whose helped with the development of this over the years and to everyone who uses it!

/end essay, have some bacon

Last edited by asherkin; 05-17-2011 at 01:01. Reason: Removed binary, no source code.
Tylerst
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2011 , 06:15   Re: FuncommandsX
Reply With Quote #368

Sorry, that error was my fault in the version I posted.

After a recent TF2 Update, CTFWearableItem and CTFWearableItemDemoshield got the item part removed:

Code:
  SetWearablesRGBA_Impl( client, mode, "tf_wearable_item", "CTFWearableItem" );
  SetWearablesRGBA_Impl( client, mode, "tf_wearable_item_demoshield", "CTFWearableItemDemoShield" );
becomes

Code:
  SetWearablesRGBA_Impl( client, mode, "tf_wearable", "CTFWearable" );
  SetWearablesRGBA_Impl( client, mode, "tf_wearable_demoshield", "CTFWearableDemoShield" );
My first version changed tf_wearable and tf_wearable dmeoshield, but I didnt change the CTF ones, oops.

The error was the plugin searching for a netprop that didnt exit anymore.

This should fix it.
Once again, my apologies.

Edit:Removed attachment, use Arg!'s version a few posts down, it has the same fix.

Last edited by Tylerst; 06-24-2011 at 16:30. Reason: Removing Attachment
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-16-2011 , 15:35   Re: FuncommandsX
Reply With Quote #369

Sorry I haven't followed up with this further. I probably should have mentioned that I was only running this plugin on an event server, and it's not part of my normal plugin rotation.
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2011 , 20:41   Re: FuncommandsX
Reply With Quote #370

serious confusion going on here, no matter can someone please test THIS version and confirm it works, then i will update the trunk and make a mini release if succesful.
Attached Files
File Type: zip funcommandsX_2.0.0.2_with_source_code_so_there.zip (54.3 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by Arg!; 05-17-2011 at 01:46. Reason: Re-attached with source code to prevent panty bunching