Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Allows survivor players to switch control to a random alive survivor bot.
    Old 05-27-2010 , 10:44   [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.8
    Reply With Quote #1

Survivor Bot Takeover
    Search for servers running Survivor Bot Takeover: Click here

An improved version of this plugin coded by user eyal282: Link to post (Thanks! )

Synopsis
    This plugin allows survivors to takeover the control of alive survivor bot. It seems someone already made something like this in the past [LINK], but I'll continue developing this untill someone tells me to stop?

Usage
    Call console command sm_takeover (or type !takeover in the chat) or administrators with minimum of GENERIC flag set sm_admintakeover (or type !admintakeover in the chat) and you will jump to next "random" alive survivor bot. Game will ask the player if he/she wants to execute a takeover and if the answer is NO, the player is not asked about the takeover again in that round. The player can however execute the console command if the server is configured to allow that.

Installation
    Download l4d_takeover.txt and place it to /addons/sourcemod/gamedata. Download the plugin and place it to your plugins directory.

CVAR list
    The plugin creates a configuration file (l4d_takeover.cfg) which allows the server administrators to adjust some of the CVARs.
    1. l4d_takeover_autodeath (default = "1") Execute a takeover automatically when a player dies. Enabling this will disable the takeover voting.
    2. l4d_takeover_autoincap (default = "0") Execute a takeover automatically when a player incaps.
    3. l4d_takeover_choosingtime (default = "20") Time to cast a takeover choice.
    4. l4d_takeover_manual (default = "1") Allow dead survivor players to execute console command "sm_takeover" to takeover a survivor bot.
    5. l4d_takeover_manualincap (default = "0") Allow incapped survivor players to execute console command "sm_takeover" to takeover a survivor bot.
    6. l4d_takeover_votingenabled (default = "0") Initiate a vote for a takeover when a player dies.
    7. l4d_takeover_votingtime (default = "20") Time to cast a takeover vote.
    8. l4d_takeover_delay (default = "5") Delay after a possible takeover is found and before showing any panels to anyone.
    9. l4d_takeover_requestconf (default = "1") Request confirmation from the player before executing a takeover.
    10. l4d_takeover_finaleonly (default = "0") Allow takeovers only in finale maps.
    11. l4d_takeover_displaybotname (default = "1") Display the bot name when a takeover executes.
    Development plans
    • Initiate a takeover vote when a player dies/incaps (can be disabled with a CVARs). Team members can make sure a team killer or otherwise lamer cannot continue to ruin the game for others.
    • What else...
    Known issues
    • The name of the bot survivor taken over is not always displayed correctly on servers that have more bot/human players than 18.
    Version history
    0.1 - Initial release. Handles only console command that will allow a takeover.
    0.2 - Added automated takeover on player incap and player death.
    0.3 - Some basic CVARs.
    0.4 - More CVARs. Added periodic and event based (defib, revive, disconnect) checks. Added a panel for asking the player whether or not he/she wants to execute the takeover.
    0.5 - New CVAR [#8]. Some fixes and more code for possible takeover detection.
    0.6 - Some fixes and code cleanup.
    0.7 - Bugfixes and more checks to make things (hopefully) work better. Added console command sm_admintakeover to work at any time.
    0.7.1 - Different method for finding a suitable takeover to make things (hopefully) work better.
    0.8 - New CVARs: 9, 10 and 11. Some tweaks and minor fixes.
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version

Name:	takeover.jpg
Views:	16836
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	67360  
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (takeover.sp - 21068 views - 23.5 KB)
    File Type: txt l4d_takeover.txt (1.1 KB, 9566 views)

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.

Last edited by muukis; 05-08-2017 at 02:51. Reason: New version
    muukis
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-27-2010 , 10:51   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover
    Reply With Quote #2

The main reason for doing this was the situations when a survivor team had dead human players but one or two living bot controlled players. I wanted to continue playing with my friend(s) and they wanted to have me controlling the player rather than the stupid bot.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
    fpsbrian
    Old 05-27-2010 , 11:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover
    Reply With Quote #3

AWESOME!!!

Does this work automatic or do you have to type in the command?

Last edited by fpsbrian; 05-27-2010 at 12:15.
    muukis
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-27-2010 , 12:33   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover
    Reply With Quote #4

Currently it is only the console command that executes the takeover. The plans are to automate it, which should not require much extra work.

EDIT: Version 0.2 will automatically execute a takeover when a player incaps or dies.

Last edited by muukis; 05-27-2010 at 12:51.
    MisterNine
    Old 05-27-2010 , 13:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover
    Reply With Quote #5

Well done, my friend. That's a very productive hour!
    Mortiegama
    Old 05-27-2010 , 17:59   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover
    Reply With Quote #6

Hope it works better than http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=83869. That plugin was causing server crashes.
    Old 05-27-2010 , 18:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover
    Reply With Quote #7

uhm, you might want to make the incap auto takeover an option. i certainly wouldnt want to lose my char just because i got incapped.
    muukis
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-28-2010 , 01:44   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mortiegama View Post
    Hope it works better than http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=83869. That plugin was causing server crashes.
    Oh, there was one like it already. I really hope that too! If I had seen that before, I wouldn't had started working with this one. Tell me if this is working for you or does it fail the same.

I'll look into it's code today to see if it's different.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dirka_dirka View Post
    uhm, you might want to make the incap auto takeover an option. i certainly wouldnt want to lose my char just because i got incapped.
    Yes you are right. It is in my development plans. In my current dev version, I have already implemented the CVARs that will enable/disable automated takeovers. When a single player is playing, the automated takeover is enabled when incapped. Now I want to do a voting system and watch for disconnects, defib revives etc.

Last edited by muukis; 05-28-2010 at 02:58.
    RU_6uK
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 05-28-2010 , 09:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.3
    Reply With Quote #9

After the death takeover a bot and can't move and shoot. The only thing that can change team to infected and again to return to my team. What wrong?
    muukis
    Veteran Member
    Old 05-28-2010 , 10:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Survivor Bot Takeover v0.3
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RU_6uK View Post
    After the death takeover a bot and can't move and shoot. The only thing that can change team to infected and again to return to my team. What wrong?
    I don't know. Can you give me details? Does this happen always, in all gamemodes, certain situations, etc????