Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Release SourceBans++ (v1.6.4) [Updated: 2021-10-06]

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

irepz
Old 07-30-2015 , 01:40   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuffyness View Post
You don't need to to be rude and disrespectful. As other people like Arne will tell you, Sourcebans is not a file synchronization tool. Not writing to admins.cfg is ok, the plugin pulls from the database. If your database is constantly unavailable, and you absolutely need to rely on admin-flatfile, thats not Sourcebans fault. If you have just 1 server having an issue, go through the configs, maybe you forgot to set the serverid, or maybe you put the wrong rcon passwords in Sourcebans. Do some due diligence before flaming ok?

If you feel that this free software is not doing what you need it to do, dont use it.
For sure i didn't need to be rude and i apologize for it. But i don't really think to be disrespectful by asking if OP care or not about it. Maybe i should've replace "don't care" by something else. I respect his job and tell every admin i know to use his sourcebans fork because he's doing and awesome work and i really like it.

If some posts ago i asked "how admins are written into admins.Cfg" is maybe because i didn't know how it works, don't you think ? So let someone in the unknown while you know the answer isn't really cool also.

Last point, as i said it's a random server each days which isn't workign and all config has been reviewed several times.

I apologize again for OP, maybe my words wasn't the best, i understand that.

Last edited by irepz; 07-30-2015 at 01:40.
schwarz
Old 07-30-2015 , 05:00   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Hi

Well since update version from this , going prefect , work .

Just question about it in web panel , in list comms , why wont give nickname admin ?

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/491749coms.png

"CONSOLE" , i like to modifiy CONSOLE to name admin

if you can help me for edit it where? thanks again!
Old 07-30-2015 , 10:01   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwarz View Post
Hi

Just question about it in web panel , in list comms , why wont give nickname admin ?

The name "CONSOLE" is used in SourceBans when;
a) It doesn't know the identity of the admin who created the ban.
b) It was added by some plugin or RCON command executing servers directly at the server.

In order to fix a), you need to make sure that if you have an admin with STEAM_0:1:2345, that have been added either through admins.cfg, or the admin-sql-* plugins, then you should make sure that admin is ALSO added in your SourceBans to have his admin name display properly there.

To changing the "CONSOLE" name into something else, be it "SYSTEM", community name such as "Example.net", you need to go into your SQL database:

In the sb_admins table, there is an admin with aid 0, per default this admin id has the name "CONSOLE", changing aid = 0 to have another name will make that other name appear on your installation.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
gnsco6157
Old 07-31-2015 , 05:50   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

banlist page error bro.
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-31-2015 , 08:53   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwarz View Post
Hi

Those are session silences which is a part of basecomm.smx -not- Sourcebans. I don't know why, but it does not grab the name of the admin who issued it. If you want your admins names to be displayed, you need to have them use the Comms tab in the /admin menu rather than player options.
Old 08-02-2015 , 22:03   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
07. - Removed FamilySharing Ban Evasion Detection
08. - MariaDB not does not work anymore (Never was supported anyways)
Can someone explain the point of these changes in the latest version? It was one of the attractions of using this fork at all...
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 08-02-2015 , 22:11   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubka3 View Post
Code:
07. - Removed FamilySharing Ban Evasion Detection
08. - MariaDB not does not work anymore (Never was supported anyways)
Can someone explain the point of these changes in the latest version? It was one of the attractions of using this fork at all...
I don't know about the family sharing, however, if you search the forums - there have been multiple threads/posts regarding people having issues where it doesn't detect properly. I don't know if it is related to that.

MariaDB: If you read www.sourcebans.net, it tells you "MySQL 5.0" is required. MySQL is MySQL, MySQL is not "something that pretends to be MySQL".

If you have ever been able to run it using any "pretends to be", "forks of", [...whatever] MySQL servers, there is only one reason - you have been very lucky.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Sarabveer
Veteran Member
Old 08-02-2015 , 23:00   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
The Ban Evasion detection had issues
Old 08-02-2015 , 23:22   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
MariaDB: If you read www.sourcebans.net, it tells you "MySQL 5.0" is required. MySQL is MySQL, MySQL is not "something that pretends to be MySQL".

If you have ever been able to run it using any "pretends to be", "forks of", [...whatever] MySQL servers, there is only one reason - you have been very lucky.
Great argument.

So then why are you running a fork of SourceBans?
This is an assumption; because if you are in this thread, and don't run this fork...

The fact of the matter is each version branch of MariaDB is specifically designed to be a drop in replacement for the corresponding version branch of mySQL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabveer View Post
The Ban Evasion detection had issues
Can I have some more information?
Sarabveer
Veteran Member
Old 08-02-2015 , 23:27   Re: [Release] SourceBans: Reloaded 1.5.2F (Updated 2015/05/29)

Quote:
Great argument.

So then why are you running a fork of SourceBans?
This is an assumption; because if you are in this thread, and don't run this fork...

The fact of the matter is each version branch of MariaDB is specifically designed to be a drop in replacement for the corresponding version branch of mySQL.

Can I have some more information?
Yea, I don't know why they still say that, since MariaDB is NOT a drop-in replacement.

And this is kinda a Fork, Forks are usually made because the The developer makes a code change that many people don't like.

SourceBans: Reloaded on the other hand is a continuation, since the original devs are mostly inactive.

Last edited by Sarabveer; 08-02-2015 at 23:57.
Closed Thread