Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SourceIRC

Post New Thread Reply   

NedStar
Old 07-06-2010 , 21:16   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #11

I've just started using this plugin and so far its looking very promising, it has a few extremely useful features that aren't present in the other IRC relay plug-in.
I would however like to request a "send message to all from IRC" feature, something along the lines of !msg would be superb.

Besides that I've noticed that "user disconnected" is being printed twice in IRC rather then once.
Old 07-08-2010 , 08:06   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #12

L 07/08/2010 - 05:05:27: SourceMod error session started
L 07/08/2010 - 05:05:27: Info (map "wcs_synical") (file "errors_20100708.log")
L 07/08/2010 - 05:05:27: [SM] Plugin encountered error 21: Native is not bound
L 07/08/2010 - 05:05:27: [SM] Native "IRC_CleanUp" reported:
L 07/08/2010 - 05:05:27: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "SourceIRC/sourceirc-rcon.smx":
L 07/08/2010 - 05:05:27: [SM] [0] Line 149, ../../scripting/SourceIRC/sourceirc-rcon.sp::OnPluginEnd()
Happens when I do !rcon quit from irc

Last edited by Jamesfo0; 07-08-2010 at 08:10.
Send a message via ICQ to Jamesfo0 Send a message via AIM to Jamesfo0 Send a message via MSN to Jamesfo0 Send a message via Yahoo to Jamesfo0
cyberthug
Old 07-08-2010 , 19:48   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #13

have you updated
Jamesfo0
Old 07-08-2010 , 20:45   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #14

Yes I have the latest build... I even recompiled it
Send a message via ICQ to Jamesfo0 Send a message via AIM to Jamesfo0 Send a message via MSN to Jamesfo0 Send a message via Yahoo to Jamesfo0
Jamesfo0
Old 07-08-2010 , 20:50   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #15

I found out it's not just when i use !rcon quit it's when the server shut's down
Jamesfo0
Old 07-12-2010 , 09:54   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #16

Fixed:
Open up sourceirc-rcon.sp and look at the very last function

Edit The following:
Code:
public OnPluginEnd() {
    IRC_CleanUp();
}

Change to
:
Code:
public OnMapEnd() {
    IRC_CleanUp();
}
Get's Rid of the Errors when using rcon quit in IRC.

Seems to do better unhooking these commands at MapEnd rather than PluginEnd because I noticed when you type "quit" in console, the SourceIRC bot tells you it's changing levels before it returns EOF net split sometimes...

Code:
(6:42:22 AM - 07/12/10) <@InsaNe`1d> james rcon quit
(6:42:23 AM - 07/12/10) <+james> -- Map Changing --
(6:42:23 AM - 07/12/10) * Quits: +james ([email protected]) (EOF from client)
Code:
public N_IRC_CleanUp(Handle:plugin, numParams) {
    for (new i = 0; i < GetArraySize(CommandPlugins); i++) {
        if (plugin == GetArrayCell(CommandPlugins, i)) {
            RemoveFromArray(CommandPlugins, i);
            RemoveFromArray(Commands, i);
            RemoveFromArray(CommandCallbacks, i);
            RemoveFromArray(CommandPermissions, i);
            RemoveFromArray(CommandDescriptions, i);
            RemoveFromArray(CommandFlags, i);
            i--;
        }
    }

Last edited by Jamesfo0; 07-12-2010 at 10:00.
oneshot23
Old 07-14-2010 , 15:57   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #17

I am not sure if its how I setup the IRC but for some reason it has a VERY delayed connect time. Its connecting to my old IRC channel vs the new one. Also I just started working today... Does the server have to be restarted in order for things to take effect?
Old 07-15-2010 , 05:55   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #18

Nice, finally someone made another IRC Relay plugin. Before i go on with this, the website wont' load for me, sits there and tries to load for about 5 mins then gives me the timeout msg.

Some thoughts that i didn't see in your first post, make all those features you listed cvars that can be changed in a .cfg located in the gamefolder/cfg/sourcemod folder.

Features that i'd love to see: Kill/Death msgs (who killed, with what), Suicides (if possible, some games don't show "suicides"), Connect/disconnect (by user, kick/ban, timeout, etc...). The rest i can mess with the source like how things print out, etc...

I assume that this plugin that have the irc bot disconnect every so often like the other one does (not Olly's version, but the older one)

Also because i'm pretty paranoid, but could you put the downloads of the plugin and source here on these forums like everyone else?
Azelphur
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-24-2010 , 20:57   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #19

Woa, really really sorry for the slow replies people, I thought I was subscribed to this thread to get email notifications, turned out I wasn't. Gonna try and catch up with everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneshot23 View Post
Hey, I have this plugin installed on my server but I have a few questions. It was working for 5 minutes and all of a sudden stopped. Any ideas? I checked the .cfg several times, check for any mistypes and still have yet to figure it out. Only thing I can think of is that my dedicated blocked the 6667 port. What do you guys know?
No idea. If it's a dedicated server try installing irssi and see if you can connect using that. Alternatively just file a ticket with your provider and ask if they block it. I see no reason why it would not work after just a few minutes. I notice that in one of your future posts you say that it's very laggy. Maybe your game server has issues connecting to your IRC server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedStar View Post
I've just started using this plugin and so far its looking very promising, it has a few extremely useful features that aren't present in the other IRC relay plug-in.
I would however like to request a "send message to all from IRC" feature, something along the lines of !msg would be superb.

Besides that I've noticed that "user disconnected" is being printed twice in IRC rather then once.
An !msg/!say command is a planned feature. However you can message all players simply by typing in a channel with the "relay" "1" flag

As for the double disconnect messages, what mod are you using? I've never seen this issue before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesfo0 View Post
L 07/08/2010 - 05:05:27: SourceMod error session started
L 07/08/2010 - 05:05:27: Info (map "wcs_synical") (file "errors_20100708.log")
L 07/08/2010 - 05:05:27: [SM] Plugin encountered error 21: Native is not bound
L 07/08/2010 - 05:05:27: [SM] Native "IRC_CleanUp" reported:
L 07/08/2010 - 05:05:27: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "SourceIRC/sourceirc-rcon.smx":
L 07/08/2010 - 05:05:27: [SM] [0] Line 149, ../../scripting/SourceIRC/sourceirc-rcon.sp::OnPluginEnd()
Happens when I do !rcon quit from irc
Just a minor error. I need to clean up the module interface a bit.

Also don't change it to use OnMapEnd as that's not what this function is for, and it will make the core produce errors if you unload any modules while the server is running. This error is simply caused because sourceirc is unloaded before sourceirc-rcon when the server is shut down. So sourceirc-rcon can't talk to the core anymore, hense the error. It's only minor as the server is shutting down anyway. But I will fix it at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerx View Post
Nice, finally someone made another IRC Relay plugin. Before i go on with this, the website wont' load for me, sits there and tries to load for about 5 mins then gives me the timeout msg.

Some thoughts that i didn't see in your first post, make all those features you listed cvars that can be changed in a .cfg located in the gamefolder/cfg/sourcemod folder.

Features that i'd love to see: Kill/Death msgs (who killed, with what), Suicides (if possible, some games don't show "suicides"), Connect/disconnect (by user, kick/ban, timeout, etc...). The rest i can mess with the source like how things print out, etc...

I assume that this plugin that have the irc bot disconnect every so often like the other one does (not Olly's version, but the older one)

Also because i'm pretty paranoid, but could you put the downloads of the plugin and source here on these forums like everyone else?
I migrated between hosts, you probably got caught in the downtime.

cvars? I'm not sure what the use of these cvars would be. SourceIRC is modular. If you don't want a feature, just unload the relevant module by deleting the smx or moving it to the disabled folder.

Kill/Death messages can be implemented at some point, file a feature request on the issue tracker on my website so it doesn't get forgotten. It already has connect/disconnect messages?

This bot does not disconnect every so often. On my server we use the bot as a utility to inform us as when the server is down, because it literally never disconnects unless the server crashes.

I can't put the source on the forums no, as stated in my first post, my website is setup to automatically build and create a zip for me on the fly, which makes it very easy for me to post new releases. Also, the SourceMod web compiler will not compile SourceIRC, as it requires a custom include file, and just to top it off, everyone would no doubt prefer a zip vs manually installing all the files one by one and taking forever

Hope I answered everyones questions, I am subscribed to the thread now so should get to everyones questions much quicker in future.
Leontar
Old 08-10-2010 , 00:10   Re: SourceIRC
Reply With Quote #20

Nice plugin but I have a question. What is the "Ticket" system and how the players can use it to report to the admins sitting in irc ? Also how the players ingame can talk to the channel ? Thanks.

Last edited by Leontar; 08-10-2010 at 04:09.