Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported

Post New Thread Reply   

climbatize92
Old 04-27-2015 , 13:43   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
You don't need to remove lobby reservation with L4DToolZ. Does the plugin loads fine? Keep in mind, you have to use the console command to connect to the server after it got 8 players.

Code:
connect xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:27015
I don't if I need to use both L4dToolz and Left4Downtown plugins or one of them? I tried to connect from console, serverbrowser...
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 04-27-2015 , 14:22   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1162

Use L4DToolZ alone. No need for downtown in your case.
Old 06-28-2015 , 18:13   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1163

Heyo guys,

I want to ask a small (and for you simple) question ....

So two month ago I have set up my own server correctly and everything is workin' great with SM. Some time ago I just saw this and tried to add this to my server. I uploaded everything correctly and restarted the server x times - its not working.

My serverlog says "[SM] Unable to load plugin "xxxx": Required extension "Left 4 Downtown" file("left4downtown.ext") not running"

AND

"[SM] Unable to load extension "left4downtown.ext": vstdlib_linux.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

-------- Someone has got a solution for my problem?
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2015 , 23:18   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1164

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenBananaCake View Post
"[SM] Unable to load extension "left4downtown.ext": vstdlib_linux.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

-------- Someone has got a solution for my problem?
What game are you running? L4D or L4D2 ?
Old 06-30-2015 , 04:59   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1165

I am running L4D2 - as I said - everything is else is working greatly ... just this extension and these plugins which are needing it.

Also there is a tricky thing I didnt solve yet ... On the github page for example I can find many sources to plugins ... I can also download them .... but when I put them into the scripting folder (ending *.sp) there is nothing happend ingame.

Is that because the extension from above is not working?
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 06-30-2015 , 16:51   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1166

Firstly, you didn't mention L4D or L4D2. The reason why that is important is because you are on the old thread. This Extension got updated to 0.5.2 version. I recompiled that version against the latest SDK few months ago, and it works fine as you can see on my server.

Grab it from here - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=758

Lets move onto the next topic. Scripting folder will do nothing for you. That folder is used to compile the plugins. Just putting plugin source files there won't do anything.

Follow these steps:

• You have to put the source files(.sp) in that folder and then run the compiler, which is compile.exe on Windows and compile.sh on Linux.
  • This will compile plugins for you and place them in Compiled folder with .smx extension.
  • You will have to manually move the .smx files to the plugins folder inside sourcemod directory.
  • Another thing to mention would be the other files required by the plugins must be placed in correct folders as well. This may include gamedata, configs, or translations.
Old 07-01-2015 , 07:43   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1167

Just for you to know --- I am not an english man ... And I meant ... I already said that everything is working greatly - not that I am running L4D2 -- sorry for the mistake.

I deleted the whole server and set all things new up --- This extension seems to work now -- but some other things dont --- for example --

• if I want to compile a *.sp file -- I am just gettin much errors, no *.smx -> putting the files in the folder, execute the compile.exe and there the errors are.

• I was having a high priority on the tank plugin, that should open a menu and give the chance to give the tank to someone else. Well - the plugin (tank swap) is mainly working - but the menu is not opening even if the cvar is set correctly.

Any solutions for this or I am totally wrong here? Just say it --- I will go to anywhere if I will get it to work in the end.
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 07-01-2015 , 08:02   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1168

I would recommend you to post the errors on the individual plugin threads, so plugin authors can resolve the issues for you.
Old 08-19-2015 , 00:21   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
Firstly, you didn't mention L4D or L4D2. The reason why that is important is because you are on the old thread. This Extension got updated to 0.5.2 version. I recompiled that version against the latest SDK few months ago, and it works fine as you can see on my server.

Grab it from here - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=758
Could you please provide a compiled version of left4downtown.ext.2.l4d2.so for windows?
aka left4downtown.ext.2.l4d2.dll thanks in advance
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
Spirit_12
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2015 , 13:55   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported
Reply With Quote #1170

I only deal with Linux setup, but this guy provided a windows version. Please check his post.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=787